- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 351498, 13 pages
pSum-SaDE: A Modified p-Median Problem and Self-Adaptive Differential Evolution Algorithm for Text Summarization
Institute of Information Technology of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences, B. Vahabzade Street, 9, AZ1141 Baku, Azerbaijan
Received 11 May 2011; Revised 26 July 2011; Accepted 27 August 2011
Academic Editor: Chuan-Kang Ting
Copyright © 2011 Rasim M. Alguliev et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. C. Yang and F. L. Wang, “Hierarchical summarization of large documents,” Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, vol. 59, no. 6, pp. 887–902, 2008.
- H. Dong, S. Yu, and Y. Jiang, “Text mining on semi-structured e-government digital archives of China,” in Proceedings of the 2nd Pacific-Asia Conference on Web Mining and Web-Based Application (WMWA '09), pp. 11–14, Wuhan, China, June 2009.
- M. A. Fattah and F. Ren, “GA, MR, FFNN, PNN and GMM based models for automatic text summarization,” Computer Speech and Language, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 126–144, 2009.
- I. Mani and M. T. Maybury, Advances in Automatic Text Summarization, MIT Press, Cambridge, UK, 1999.
- J. Otterbacher, G. Erkan, and D. R. Radev, “Biased LexRank: passage retrieval using random walks with question-based priors,” Information Processing and Management, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 42–54, 2009.
- D. Shen, J.-T. Sun, H. Li, Q. Yang, and Z. Chen, “Document summarization using conditional random fields,” in Proceedings of the 20th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, pp. 2862–2867, Hyderabad, India, 2007.
- X. Wan, “Using only cross-document relationships for both generic and topic-focused multi-document summarizations,” Information Retrieval, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 25–49, 2008.
- Y. Ouyang, W. Li, S. Li, and Q. Lu, “Applying regression models to query-focused multi-document summarization,” Information Processing and Management, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 227–237, 2011.
- X. Wan, “An exploration of document impact on graph-based multi-document summarization,” in Proceedings of the Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing, pp. 755–762, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, 2008.
- M. Kutlu, C. Ciǧir, and I. Cicekli, “Generic text summarization for Turkish,” Computer Journal, vol. 53, no. 8, pp. 1315–1323, 2010.
- J. Carbonell and J. Goldstein, “The use of MMR, diversity-based reranking for reordering documents and producing summaries,” in Proceedings of the 21st Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, pp. 335–336, Melbourne, Australia, 1998.
- M. S. Binwahlan, N. Salim, and L. Suanmali, “MMI diversity based text summarization,” International Journal of Computer Science and Security, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 23–33, 2009.
- X. Wan, J. Yang, and J. Xiao, “CollabSum: exploiting multiple document clustering for collaborative single document summarizations,” in Proceedings of the 30th Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR '07), pp. 143–150, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, July 2007.
- X. Cai, W. Li, Y. Ouyang, and H. Yan, “Simultaneous ranking and clustering of sentences: an reinforcement approach to multi-document summarization,” in Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on Computational Linguistics, pp. 134–142, Beijing, China, 2010.
- T. Nomoto and Y. Matsumoto, “The diversity-based approach to open-domain text summarization,” Information Processing and Management, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 363–389, 2003.
- S. Park, B. Cha, and D. An, “Automatic multi-document summarization based on clustering and nonnegative matrix factorizationfs,” IETE Technical Review, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 167–178, 2010.
- R. M. Aliguliyev, “Clustering techniques and discrete particle swarm optimization algorithm for multi-document summarization,” Computational Intelligence, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 420–448, 2010.
- R. M. Aliguliyev, “A new sentence similarity measure and sentence based extractive technique for automatic text summarization,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 7764–7772, 2009.
- R. M. Alguliev and R. M. Aliguliyev, “Evolutionary algorithm for extractive text summarization,” Intelligent Information Management, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 128–138, 2009.
- D. Wang, S. Zhu, T. Li, Y. Chi, and Y. Gong, “Integrating clustering and multi-document summarization to improve document understanding,” in Proceedings of the 17th ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM '08), pp. 1435–1436, Napa Valley, Calif, USA, October 2008.
- Y. Ouyang, S. Li, and W. Li, “Developing learning strategies for topic-based summarization,” in Proceedings of the 16th ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM '07), pp. 79–86, Lisbon, Portugal, November 2007.
- J. Tang, L. Yao, and D. Chen, “Multi-topic based query-oriented summarization,” in Proceedings of the 9th SIAM International Conference on Data Mining (SDM '09), pp. 1141–1152, Sparks, Nev, USA, May 2009.
- A. Haghighi and L. Vanderwende, “Exploring content models for multi-document summarization,” in Proceedings of the Annual Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics: Human Language Technologies, pp. 362–370, Boulder, Colo, USA, 2009.
- F. Wei, W. Li, and S. Liu, “iRANK: a rank-learn-combine framework for unsupervised ensemble ranking,” Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, vol. 61, no. 6, pp. 1232–1243, 2010.
- L. Hennig, “Topic-based multi-document summarization with probabilistic latent semantic analysis,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Recent Advances in Natural Language Processing, pp. 144–149, Borovets, Bulgaria, 2009.
- A. Celikyilmaz and D. Hakkani-Tur, “A hybrid hierarchical model for multi-document summarization,” in Proceedings of the 48th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics, pp. 815–824, Uppsala, Sweden, 2010.
- E. Filatova and V. Hatzivassiloglou, “A formal model for information selection in multi-sentence text extraction,” in Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Computational Linguistics, pp. 397–403, Geneva, Switzerland, 2004.
- H. Takamura and M. Okumura, “Text summarization model based on maximum coverage problem and its variant,” in Proceedings of the 12th Conference of the European Chapter of the ACL, pp. 781–789, Athens, Greece, 2009.
- R. McDonald, “A study of global inference algorithms in multi-document summarization,” in Proceedings of the 29th European Conference on IR Research, LNCS, no. 4425, pp. 557–564, Springer, Rome, Italy, 2007.
- D. Wang, T. Li, S. Zhu, and C. Ding, “Multi-document summarization using sentence-based topic models,” in Proceedings of the 47th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics and the 4th International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing of the Asian Federation of Natural Language Processing (ACL-IJCNLP '09), pp. 297–300, Singapore, August 2009.
- Y. Tao, S. Zhou, W. Lam, and J. Guan, “Towards more effective text summarization based on textual association networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Semantics, Knowledge, and Grid (SKG '08), pp. 235–240, Beijing, China, December 2008.
- H. Takamura and M. Okumura, “Text summarization model based on the budgeted median problem,” in Proceedings of the 18th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM '09), pp. 1589–1592, Hong Kong, November 2009.
- L. Huang, Y. He, F. Wei, and W. Li, “Modeling document summarization as multi-objective optimization,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Intelligent Information Technology and Security Informatics, pp. 382–386, Jinggangshan, China, 2010.
- G. Salton, “Mathematics and information retrieval,” Journal of Documentation, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 1–29, 1979.
- J. Geiß, “Latent semantic sentence clustering for multi-document summarization,” Tech. Rep. UCAM-CL-TR-802, University of Cambridge, Computer Laboratory, Faculty of Computer Science and Technology, Cambridge, UK, 2011, http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/techreports/UCAM-CL-TR-802.pdf.
- D. R. Radev, H. Jing, M. Styś, and D. Tam, “Centroid-based summarization of multiple documents,” Information Processing and Management, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 919–938, 2004.
- R. Storn and K. Price, “Differential evolution—a simple and efficient heuristic for global optimization over continuous spaces,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 341–359, 1997.
- S. Das and P. N. Suganthan, “Differential evolution: a survey of the atate-of-the-art,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 4–31, 2011.
- Y. Lu, J. Zhou, H. Qin, Y. Li, and Y. Zhang, “An adaptive hybrid differential evolution algorithm for dynamic economic dispatch with valve-point effects,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 37, no. 7, pp. 4842–4849, 2010.
- R. Mallipeddi, P. N. Suganthan, Q. K. Pan, and M. F. Tasgetiren, “Differential evolution algorithm with ensemble of parameters and mutation strategies,” Applied Soft Computing Journal, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 1679–1696, 2011.
- L. Jia, W. Gong, and H. Wu, “An improved self-adaptive control parameter of differential evolution for global optimization,” Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol. 51, part 5, pp. 215–224, 2009.
- G. Pampara, A. P. Engelbrecht, and N. Franken, “Binary differential evolution,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 1873–1879, Vancouver, Canada, 2006.
- K. Deb, “An efficient constraint handling method for genetic algorithms,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 186, no. 2–4, pp. 311–338, 2000.
- Document Understanding Conference, http://duc.nist.gov.
- English Stoplist, ftp://ftp.cs.cornell.edu/pub/smart/english.stop.
- Porter Stemming Algorithm, http://www.tartarus.org/martin/PorterStemmer/.
- C.-Y. Lin, “ROUGE: a package for automatic evaluation summaries,” in Proceedings of the Workshop on Text Summarization Branches out, pp. 74–81, Barcelona, Spain, 2004.
- M. Hollander and D. A. Wolfe, Nonparametric Statistical Methods, Wiley-Interscience, 2nd edition, 1999.
- GraphPad Software, http://www.graphpad.com/welcome.htm.