- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 942672, 13 pages
Contingency-Constrained Optimal Power Flow Using Simplex-Based Chaotic-PSO Algorithm
Department of Electrical Engineering, Kao-Yuan University, Kaohsiung City 821, Taiwan
Received 26 September 2010; Revised 18 February 2011; Accepted 25 April 2011
Academic Editor: Chuan-Kang Ting
Copyright © 2011 Zwe-Lee Gaing and Chia-Hung Lin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. J. Wood and B. F. Wollenberg, Power Generation Operation and Control, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- L. L. Lai, J. T. Ma, R. Yokoyama, and M. Zhao, “Improved genetic algorithms for optimal power flow under both normal and contingent operation States,” International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 287–292, 1997.
- B. Stott, O. Alsac, and A. J. Monticelli, “Security analysis and optimization,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 75, no. 12, pp. 1623–1644, 1987.
- H. Harsan, N. Hadjsaid, and P. Pruvot, “Cyclic security analysis for security constrained optimal power flow,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 948–953, 1997.
- H. Yoshida, K. Kawata, Y. Fukuyama, S. Takayama, and Y. Nakanishi, “A Particle swarm optimization for reactive power and voltage control considering voltage security assessment,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 1232–1239, 2000.
- E. Liu, A. D. Papalexopoulos, and W. F. Tinney, “Discrete shunt controls in a Newton optimal power flow,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 7, pp. 1519–1528, 1999.
- D. C. Walters and G. B. Sheble, “Genetic algorithm solution of economic dispatch with value point loading,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 1325–1332, 1993.
- A. G. Bakirtzis, P. N. Biskas, C. E. Zoumas, and V. Petridis, “Optimal power flow by enhanced genetic algorithm,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 229–236, 2002.
- D. Devaraj and B. Yegnanarayana, “Genetic-algorithm-based optimal power flow for security enhancement,” IEE Proceedings- Generation, Transmission and Distribution, vol. 152, no. 6, pp. 899–905, 2005.
- M. Todorovski and D. Rajičić, “An initialization procedure in solving optimal power flow by genetic algorithm,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 480–487, 2006.
- M. Younes, M. Rahli, and L. Abdelhakem-Koridak, “Optimal Power Flow based on Hybrid Genetic Algorithm,” Journal of Information Science and Engineering, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 1801–1816, 2007.
- M. A. Abido, “Optimal power flow using tabu search algorithm,” Electric Power Components and Systems, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 469–483, 2002.
- T. Kulworawanichpong and S. Sujitjorn, “Optimal power flow using tabu search,” IEEE Power Engineering Review, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 37–40, 2002.
- H. R. Cai, C. Y. Chung, and K. P. Wong, “Application of differential evolution algorithm for transient stability constrained optimal power flow,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 719–728, 2008.
- C. Y. Chung, C. H. Liang, K. P. Wong, and X. Z. Duan, “Hybrid algorithm of differential evolution and evolutionary programming for optimal reactive power flow,” IET Generation, Transmission and Distribution, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 84–93, 2010.
- A. A. Abou El Ela, M. A. Abido, and S. R. Spea, “Optimal power flow using differential evolution algorithm,” Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 80, no. 7, pp. 878–885, 2010.
- M. A. Abido, “Optimal power flow using particle swarm optimization,” International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 563–571, 2002.
- A. A. A. Esmin, G. Lambert-Torres, and A. C. Zambroni de Souza, “A hybrid particle swarm optimization applied to loss power minimization,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 859–866, 2005.
- N. Mo, Z. Y. Zou, K. W. Chan, and T. Y. G. Pong, “Transient stability constrained optimal power flow using particle swarm optimisation,” IET Generation, Transmission and Distribution, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 476–483, 2007.
- M. R. AlRashidi and M. E. El-Hawary, “Hybrid particle swarm optimization approach for solving the discrete OPF problem considering the valve loading effects,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 2030–2038, 2007.
- P. E. O. Yumbla, J. M. Ramirez, and C. A. Coello Coello, “Optimal power flow subject to security constraints solved with a particle swarm optimizer,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 33–40, 2008.
- J. B. Park, Y. W. Jeong, J. R. Shin, and K. Y. Lee, “An improved particle swarm optimization for nonconvex economic dispatch problems,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 156–166, 2010.
- J. Kennedy and R. Eberhart, “Particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Neural Netwroks, vol. 4, pp. 1942–1948, Perth, Australia, November 1995.
- Y. Shi and R. C. Eberhart, “Empirical study of particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the Congress on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 3, pp. 1945–1950, Piscataway, NJ, USA, July 1999.
- A. Stacey, M. Jancic, and I. Grundy, “Particle swarm optimization with mutation,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 2, pp. 1425–1430, December 2003.
- N. Higashi and H. Iba, “Particle swarm optimization with Gaussian mutation,” in Proceedings of the IEEE on Swarm Intelligence Symposium, pp. 72–79, April 2003.
- B. Liu, L. Wang, Y. H. Jin, F. Tang, and D. X. Huang, “Improved particle swarm optimization combined with chaos,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 1261–1271, 2005.
- L. D. S. Coelho, “A quantum particle swarm optimizer with chaotic mutation operator,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 1409–1418, 2008.
- H. Liu, “An adaptive chaotic particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the 2nd ISECS International Colloquium on Computing, Communication, Control, and Management (CCCM '09), pp. 254–257, August 2009.
- K. Tatsumi, H. Yamamoto, and T. Tanino, “A perturbation based chaotic particle swarm optimization using multi-type swarms,” in Proceedings of International Conference on Instrumentation, Control and Information Technology, SICE Annual Conference, pp. 1199–1203, Osaka, Japan, August 2008.
- Y. He, J. Zhou, C. Li, J. Yang, and Q. Li, “A precise chaotic particle swarm optimization algorithm based on improved tent map,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Natural Computation (ICNC '08), pp. 569–573, October 2008.
- J. A. Nelder and R. Mead, “A simplex method for function minimization,” Computer Journal, vol. 7, pp. 308–313, 1965.
- V. Torczon, “On the convergence of pattern search algorithms,” SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 123–145, 1997.
- A. R. Hedar and M. Fukushima, “Hybrid simulated annealing and direct search method for nonlinear unconstrained global optimization,” Optimization Methods and Software, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 891–912, 2002.
- S. K. S. Fan, Y. C. Liang, and E. Zahara, “Hybrid simplex search and particle swarm optimization for the global optimization of multimodal functions,” Engineering Optimization, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 401–418, 2004.