- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 214264, 12 pages
Controller Parameter Optimization for Nonlinear Systems Using Enhanced Bacteria Foraging Algorithm
1Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, St. Joseph’s College of Engineering, Chennai 600 119, India
2Department of Instrumentation Engineering, MIT Campus, Anna University, Chennai 600 044, India
Received 29 April 2012; Revised 23 July 2012; Accepted 16 August 2012
Academic Editor: Serafín Moral
Copyright © 2012 V. Rajinikanth and K. Latha. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. A. Maher and R. Samir, “Robust stability of a class of unstable systems under mixed uncertainty,” Journal of Control Science and Engineering, vol. 2011, no. 970962, 8 pages, 2011.
- V. Vijayan and R. C. Panda, “Design of a simple setpoint filter for minimizing overshoot for low order processes,” ISA Transactions, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 271–276, 2012.
- R. Padma Sree and M. Chidambaram, Control of Unstable Systems, Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi, India, 2006.
- M. K. Jhunjhunwala and M. Chidambaram, “Pid controller tuning for unstable systems by optimization method,” Chemical Engineering Communications, vol. 185, no. 1, pp. 91–113, 2001.
- I. Chiha, N. Liouane, and P. Borne, “Tuning PID controller using multiobjective ant colony optimization,” Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing, vol. 2012, Article ID 536326, 7 pages, 2012.
- M. Zamani, N. Sadati, and M. K. Ghartemani, “Design of an H∞, PID controller using particle swarm optimization,” International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 273–280, 2009.
- M. Zamani, M. Karimi-Ghartemani, N. Sadati, and M. Parniani, “Design of a fractional order PID controller for an AVR using particle swarm optimization,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 1380–1387, 2009.
- W. D. Chang and S. P. Shih, “PID controller design of nonlinear systems using an improved particle swarm optimization approach,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 15, no. 11, pp. 3632–3639, 2010.
- I. Zadeh Hassan and S. Mobayen, “Controller design for rotary inverted pendulum system using evolutionary algorithms,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 572424, 17 pages, 2011.
- V. Kanth and K. Latha, “Bacterial foraging optimization algorithm based pid controller tuning for time delayedunstable systems,” Mediterranean Journal of Measurement and Control, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 197–203, 2011.
- V. Kanth and K. Latha, “Optimization of PID controller parameters for unstable chemical systems using soft computing technique,” International Review of Chemical Engineering, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 350–358, 2011.
- K. M. Passino, “Biomimicry of bacterial foraging for distributed optimization and control,” IEEE Control Systems Magazine, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 52–67, 2002.
- S. Dasgupta, S. Das, A. Abraham, and A. Biswas, “Adaptive computational chemotaxis in bacterial foraging optimization: an analysis,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 919–941, 2009.
- S. Dasgupta, S. Das, A. Biswas, and A. Abraham, “Automatic circle detection on digital images with an adaptive bacterial foraging algorithm,” Soft Computing, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 1151–1164, 2010.
- H. Chen, Y. Zhu, and K. Hu, “Cooperative bacterial foraging optimization,” Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, vol. 2009, Article ID 815247, 17 pages, 2009.
- H. Chen, Y. Zhu, and K. Hu, “Adaptive bacterial foraging optimization,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2011, Article ID 108269, 27 pages, 2011.
- S. Das, S. Dasgupta, A. Biswas, A. Abraham, and A. Konar, “On stability of the chemotactic dynamics in bacterial-foraging optimization algorithm,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics A, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 670–679, 2009.
- S. Das, A. Biswas, S. Dasgupta, and A. Abraham, “Bacterial foraging optimization algorithm: theoretical foundations, analysis, and applications,” Studies in Computational Intelligence, vol. 203, pp. 23–55, 2009.
- A. Biswas, S. Das, A. Abraham, and S. Dasgupta, “Stability analysis of the reproduction operator in bacterial foraging optimization,” Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 411, no. 21, pp. 2127–2139, 2010.
- A. Biswas, S. Das, A. Abraham, and S. Dasgupta, “Design of fractional-order PIλDμ controllers with an improved differential evolution,” Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 343–350, 2009.
- G. G. Roy, P. Chakraborty, and S. Das, “Designing fractional-order PIλDμ controller using differential harmony search algorithm,” International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 303–309, 2010.
- A. Ghosh, S. Das, A. Chowdhury, and R. Giri, “An ecologically inspired direct search method for solving optimal control problems with Bézier parameterization,” Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 1195–1203, 2011.
- A. Ali and S. Majhi, “Design of optimum PID controller by bacterial foraging strategy,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT '06), pp. 601–605, December 2006.
- W. M. Korani, H. T. Dorrah, and H. M. Emara, “Bacterial foraging oriented by particle swarm optimization strategy for PID tuning,” in Proceedings of the 8th IEEE International Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Robotics and Automation (CIRA '09), pp. 445–450, December 2009.
- V. Kanth and K. Latha, “I-PD controller tuning for unstable system using bacterial foraging algorithm: a study based on various error criterion,” Applied computational Intelligence and Soft Computing, vol. 2012, Article ID 329389, 10 pages, 2012.
- E. M. T El-Mansi and C. F. A. Bryce, Fermentation Microbiology and Biotechnology, Taylor and Francis, Indian reprint, 2003.
- M. A. Johnson and M. H. Moradi, PID Control: New Identification and Design Methods, Springer, London, UK, 2005.
- B. Wayne-Bequette, Process Control—Modeling, Design and Simulation, Prentice-Hall, New Delhi, India, 2003.
- C. T. Liou and C. Yu-Shu, “The effect of nonideal mixing on input multiplicity in a CSTR,” Chemical Engineering Science, vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 2113–2116, 1991.
- F. Faccin and J. O. Trierweiler, “A novel toll for multi-model PID controller design,” in Proceedings of the 7th IFAC symposium on Dynamics and Control of Process Systems, pp. 251–256, 2004.
- P. Madhavasarma and S. Sundaram, “Model based tuning of a non linear spherical tank process with time delay,” Instrumentation Science and Technology, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 420–431, 2008.
- S. Nithya, N. Sivakumaran, T. Balasubramanian, and N. Anantharaman, “Design of controller for nonlinear process using soft computing,” Instrumentation Science and Technology, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 437–450, 2008.