- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 329389, 10 pages
I-PD Controller Tuning for Unstable System Using Bacterial Foraging Algorithm: A Study Based on Various Error Criterion
1Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, St Joseph's College of Engineering, Chennai 600 119, India
2Division of Avionics, Department of Aerospace Engineering, MIT Campus, Anna University, Chennai 600 044, India
Received 31 May 2011; Revised 21 August 2011; Accepted 2 October 2011
Academic Editor: Sebastian Ventura
Copyright © 2012 V. Rajinikanth and K. Latha. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. A. Johnson and M. H. Moradi, PID Control: New Identification and Design Methods, chapter 2, Springer, London, UK, 2005.
- R. C. Panda, “Synthesis of PID controller for unstable and integrating processes,” Chemical Engineering Science, vol. 64, no. 12, pp. 2807–2816, 2009.
- P. K. Padhy and S. Majhi, “Relay based PI-PD design for stable and unstable FOPDT processes,” Computers & Chemical Engineering, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 790–796, 2006.
- G. Marchetti, C. Scali, and D. R. Lewin, “Identification and control of open-loop unstable processes by relay methods,” Automatica, vol. 37, no. 12, pp. 2049–2055, 2001.
- T. Liu, W. Zhang, and D. Gu, “Analytical design of two-degree-of-freedom control scheme for open-loop unstable processes with time delay,” Journal of Process Control, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 559–572, 2005.
- M. Shamsuzzoha and M. Lee, “Enhanced disturbance rejection for open-loop unstable process with time delay,” ISA Transactions, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 237–244, 2009.
- C. C. Chen, H. P. Huang, and H. J. Liaw, “Set-point weighted PID controller tuning for time-delayed unstable processes,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 47, no. 18, pp. 6983–6990, 2008.
- R. Padma Sree and M. Chidambaram, Control of Unstable Systems, Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi, India, 2006.
- M. Zamani, N. Sadati, and M. K. Ghartemani, “Design of an H∞, PID controller using particle swarm optimization,” International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 273–280, 2009.
- M. Zamani, M. Karimi-Ghartemani, N. Sadati, and M. Parniani, “Design of a fractional order PID controller for an AVR using particle swarm optimization,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 1380–1387, 2009.
- D. H. Kim and J. H. Cho, “A biologically inspired intelligent PID controller tuning for AVR systems,” International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 624–636, 2006.
- U. S. Banu and G. Uma, “Fuzzy gain scheduled continuous stirred tank reactor with particle swarm optimization based PID control minimizing integral square error,” Instrumentation Science and Technology, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 394–409, 2008.
- Y.-B. Wang, X. Peng, and B. Z. Wei, “A new particle swarm optimization based auto-tuning of PID controller,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, pp. 1818–1823, Kunming, China, July 2008.
- K. M. Passino, “Biomimicry of bacterial foraging for distributed optimization and control,” IEEE Control Systems Magazine, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 52–67, 2002.
- T. Jain and M. J. Nigam, “Optimization of PD-PI controller using swarm intelligence,” International Journal of Computational Cognition, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 55–59, 2008.
- A. Ali and S. Majhi, “Design of optimum PID controller by bacterial foraging strategy,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT '06), pp. 601–605, Mumbai, Indian, December 2006.
- D. H. Kim, “Hybrid GA-BF based intelligent PID controller tuning for AVR system,” Applied Soft Computing Journal, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 11–22, 2011.
- D. H. Kim, A. Abraham, and J. H. Cho, “A hybrid genetic algorithm and bacterial foraging approach for global optimization,” Information Sciences, vol. 177, no. 18, pp. 3918–3937, 2007.
- A. Biswas, S. Dasgupta, S. Das, and A. Abraham, “Synergy of PSO and bacterial foraging optimization—a comparative study on numerical benchmarks,” in Advances in Soft Computing, vol. 44 of Innovations in Hybrid Intelligent Systems, pp. 255–263, 2007.
- S. V. R. S. Gollapudi, S. S. Pattnaik, O. P. Bajpai, S. Devi, and K. M. Bakwad, “Velocity modulated bacterial foraging optimization technique (VMBFO),” Applied Soft Computing Journal, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 154–165, 2011.
- W. M. Korani, H. T. Dorrah, and H. M. Emara, “Bacterial foraging oriented by particle swarm optimization strategy for PID tuning,” in Proceedings of the 8th IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence in Robotics and Automation (CIRA '09), pp. 445–450, Daejeon, Korea, December 2009.
- V. Rajinikanth and K. Latha, “Bacterial foraging optimization algorithm based pid controller tuning for time delayedunstable systems,” The Mediterranean Journal of Measurement and Control, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 197–203, 2011.
- C. T. Liou and C. Yu-Shu, “The effect of nonideal mixing on input multiplicity in a CSTR,” Chemical Engineering Science, vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 2113–2116, 1991.