- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 405314, 10 pages
A Fuzzy Logic Controller to Increase Fault Ride-Through Capability of Variable Speed Wind Turbines
Department of Industrial Engineering, University of Salerno, Salerno, 84084 Fisciano, Italy
Received 4 October 2011; Revised 21 December 2011; Accepted 10 January 2012
Academic Editor: Anyong Qing
Copyright © 2012 Geev Mokryani et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. M. de Alegría, J. Andreu, J. L. Martín, P. Ibañez, J. L. Villate, and H. Camblong, “Connection requirements for wind farms: a survey on technical requierements and regulation,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 1858–1872, 2007.
- J. O. G. Tande, “Exploitation of wind-energy resources in proximity to weak electric grids,” Applied Energy, vol. 65, no. 1–4, pp. 395–401, 2000.
- G. Tapia, A. Tapia, and J. X. Ostolaza, “Proportional-integral regulator-based approach to wind farm reactive power management for secondary voltage control,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 488–498, 2007.
- G. Tapia, A. Tapia, and J. X. Ostolaza, “Two alternative modeling approaches for the evaluation of wind farm active and reactive power performances,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 909–920, 2006.
- W. Gao, G. Wang, and J. Ning, “Development of low voltage ride-through control strategy for wind power generation using real time digital simulator,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/PES Power Systems Conference and Exposition (PSCE '09), pp. 1–6, March 2009.
- L. Jerbi, L. Krichen, and A. Ouali, “A fuzzy logic supervisor for active and reactive power control of a variable speed wind energy conversion system associated to a flywheel storage system,” Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 79, no. 6, pp. 919–925, 2009.
- M. Tsili and S. Papathanassiou, “A review of grid code technical requirements for wind farms,” IET Renewable Power Generation, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 308–332, 2009.
- S. M. Muyeen, R. Takahashi, T. Murata et al., “Low voltage ride through capability enhancement of wind turbine generator system during network disturbance,” IET Renewable Power Generation, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 65–74, 2009.
- J. Liang, W. Qiao, and R. G. Harley, “Feed-forward transient current control for low-voltage ride-through enhancement of DFIG wind turbines,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 836–843, 2010.
- M. Rahimi and M. Parniani, “Grid-fault ride-through analysis and control of wind turbines with doubly fed induction generators,” Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 184–195, 2010.
- H Karimi-Davijani, A. Sheikholeslami, H. Livani, and M. Karimi-Davijani, “Fuzzy logic control of doubly fed induction generator wind turbine,” World Applied Sciences Journal, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 499–508, 2009.
- F. Iov, A. Hansen, P. Soerensen, and N. Cutululis, “Mapping of grid faults and grid codes,” Technical Report of the Research Project ‘Grid Fault and Design Basis for Wind Turbine’, Riso National Laboratory, Roskilde, Denmark, 2007.
- Nordel, “Nordic grid code,” January 2007.
- Grid code for the Local Transmission System Operator , “Arrêté du Gouvernement wallon relatif à la révision du règlement technique pour la gestion des réseaux de distribution d`électricité en Région wallonne et l`accès à ceux-ci,” Walloon Energy Commission (Commission Wallone pour l’ Energie-CWaPE),Wallonia, Belgium, May 2007.
- E.ON Netz GmbH, “Grid code–high and extra high voltage,” Bayreut, Germany, April 2006.
- E.ON Netz GmbH, “Requirements for offshore grid connections in the E.ON Netz Network,” E.ON Netz GmbH, Bayreuth, Germany, April 2008.
- Regulation TF 3.2.6, “Grid connection of wind turbines to networks with voltages below 100 kV,” Energinet, Denmark, May 2004.
- V. Galdi, A. Piccolo, and P. Siano, “Exploiting maximum energy from variable speed wind power generation systems by using an adaptive Takagi-Sugeno-Kang fuzzy model,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 413–421, 2009.
- V. Calderaro, V. Galdi, A. Piccolo, and P. Siano, “A fuzzy controller for maximum energy extraction from variable speed wind power generation systems,” Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 78, no. 6, pp. 1109–1118, 2008.
- A. J. Pujante-Lopez, E. Gomez-Lazaro, J. A. Fuentes-Moreno, A. Molina-Garca, and A. Vigueras-Rodriguez, “Performance comparison of a 2 MW DFIG wind turbine model under wind speed variations,” in Proceedings of the Europe's Premier Wind Energy Event (Ewec '09), pp. 1–6, 2009.
- J. M. Carrasco, L. G. Franquelo, J. T. Bialasiewicz et al., “Power-electronic systems for the grid integration of renewable energy sources: a survey,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 1002–1016, 2006.
- A. Tapia, G. Tapia, J. Xabier Ostolaza, and J. R. Sáenz, “Modeling and control of a wind turbine driven doubly fed induction generator,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 194–204, 2003.
- V. Galdi, A. Piccolo, and P. Siano, “Designing an adaptive fuzzy controller for maximum wind energy extraction,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 559–569, 2008.
- Mathwork, “SimPower system Toolbox of MATLAB,” Mathwork, 2009.