- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 683483, 6 pages
A Hybrid Power Series Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm to Obtain a Solution for Buckling of Multiwall Carbon Nanotube Cantilevers Near Small Layers of Graphite Sheets
1Department of Mechanical Engineering, Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz, Ahvaz 6135743337, Iran
2Engineering Part of Iman Madar Naslaha Co. (IMEN), Ahvaz, Iran
Received 24 April 2012; Revised 13 June 2012; Accepted 17 June 2012
Academic Editor: Erich Klement
Copyright © 2012 Aminreza Noghrehabadi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. M. K. Esawi and M. M. Farag, “Carbon nanotube reinforced composites: potential and current challenges,” Materials and Design, vol. 28, no. 9, pp. 2394–2401, 2007.
- S. J. Chowdhury and B. Howard, “Thermo-mechanical properties of graphite-epoxy composite,” International Review of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 785–790, 2010.
- C. Li, E. T. Thostenson, and T. W. Chou, “Sensors and actuators based on carbon nanotubes and their composites: a review,” Composites Science and Technology, vol. 68, no. 6, pp. 1227–1249, 2008.
- M. S. Dresselhaus, G. Dresselhaus, and A. Jorio, “Unusual properties and structure of carbon nanotubes,” Annual Review of Materials Research, vol. 34, pp. 247–278, 2004.
- H. W. C. Postma, T. Teepen, Z. Yao, M. Grifoni, and C. Dekker, “Carbon nanotube single-electron transistors at room temperature,” Science, vol. 293, no. 5527, pp. 76–79, 2001.
- M. Grujicic, G. Cao, and W. N. Roy, “Computational analysis of the lattice contribution to thermal conductivity of single-walled carbon nanotubes,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 1943–1952, 2005.
- S. Akita, “Nanotweezers consisting of carbon nanotubes operating in an atomic force microscope,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 79, pp. 1591–1593, 2001.
- Y. Cao, Y. Liang, S. Dong, and Y. Wang, “A multi-wall carbon nanotube (MWCNT) relocation technique for atomic force microscopy (AFM) samples,” Ultramicroscopy, vol. 103, no. 2, pp. 103–108, 2005.
- M. Paradise and T. Goswami, “Carbon nanotubes—production and industrial applications,” Materials and Design, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 1477–1489, 2007.
- R. H. Baughman, C. Cui, A. A. Zakhidov et al., “Carbon nanotube actuators,” Science, vol. 284, no. 5418, pp. 1340–1344, 1999.
- C. H. Ke, N. Pugno, B. Peng, and H. D. Espinosa, “Experiments and modeling of carbon nanotube-based NEMS devices,” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 1314–1333, 2005.
- G. L. Klimchitskaya, E. V. Blagov, and V. M. Mostepanenko, “Van der Waals and Casimir interactions between atoms and carbon nanotubes,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 41, no. 16, Article ID 164012, 2008.
- A. Koochi, A. S. Kazemi, A. Noghrehabadi, A. Yekrangi, and M. Abadyan, “New approach to model the buckling and stable length of multi walled carbon nanotube probes near graphite sheets,” Materials and Design, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 2949–2955, 2011.
- J. A. Khan, R. M. A. Zahoor, and I. M. Qureshi, “Swarm Intelligence for the problems of non-linear ordinary differential equations and its application to well known Wessinger's equation,” European Journal of Scientific Research, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 514–525, 2009.
- I. E. Lagaris, A. Likas, and D. I. Fotiadis, “Artificial neural networks for solving ordinary and partial differential equations,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 987–1000, 1998.
- M. Ghalambaz, A. R. Noghrehabadi, M. A. Behrang, E. Assareh, A. Ghanbarzadeh, and N. Hedayat, “A hybrid neural network and gravitational search algorithm (HNNGSA) method to solve well known Wessinger's equation,” Proceedings of World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, vol. 73, pp. 803–807, 2011.
- A. Noghrehabadi, M. Ghalambaz, and M. Ghalambaz, “A hybrid power series—artificial bee colony to solve magnetohydrodynamic viscous flow over a nonlinear permeable shrinking sheet,” International Review on Modelling and Simulations, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 2696–2700, 2011.
- M. A. Behrang, M. Ghalambaz, E. Assareh, and A. R. Noghrehabadi, “A new solution for natural convection of darcian fluid about a vertical full cone embedded in porous media prescribed wall temperature by using a hybrid neural network-particle swarm optimization method,” World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, vol. 73, pp. 1108–1113, 2011.
- E. Assareh, M. A. Behrang, M. Ghalambaz, A. R. Noghrehabadi, and A. Ghanbarzadeh, "A New Approach to Solve Blasius Equation using Parameter Identification of Nonlinear Functions based on the Bees Algorithm (BA), vol. 73, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, 2001.
- M. Ghalambaz, A. Noghrehabadi, and A. Vosoogh, “A hybrid Power series—Artificial Bee Colony algorithm to solve electrostatic pull-in instability and deflection of nano cantilever actuators considering Casimir Attractions,” International Review of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 5, no. 4, 2011.
- A. Yekrangi, M. Ghalambaz, A. Noghrehabadi et al., “Approximate solution for a simple pendulum beyond the small angles regimes using hybrid artificial neural network and particle swarm optimization algorithm,” Procedia Engineering, vol. 10, pp. 3742–3748, 2011.
- H. Lee and I. S. Kang, “Neural algorithm for solving differential equations,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 91, no. 1, pp. 110–131, 1990.
- A. J. Meade Jr. and A. A. Fernandez, “The numerical solution of linear ordinary differential equations by feedforward neural networks,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 19, no. 12, pp. 1–25, 1994.
- A. Malek and R. S. Beidokhti, “Numerical solution for high order differential equations using a hybrid neural network—optimization method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 183, no. 1, pp. 260–271, 2006.
- D. Karaboga, “An idea based on honey bee swarm for numerical optimization,” Tech. Rep. TR06, Erciyes University, Engineering Faculty, Computer Engineering Department, 2005.
- D. Karaboga and B. Basturk, “A powerful and efficient algorithm for numerical function optimization: Artificial Bee Colony (ABC) algorithm,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 459–471, 2007.
- D. Karaboga and B. Akay, “A comparative study of Artificial Bee Colony algorithm,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 214, no. 1, pp. 108–132, 2009.
- W. H. Lin and Y. P. Zhao, “Casimir effect on the pull-in parameters of nanometer switches,” Microsystem Technologies, vol. 11, no. 2-3, pp. 80–85, 2005.
- L. A. Girifalco, M. Hodak, and R. S. Lee, “Carbon nanotubes, buckyballs, ropes, and a universal graphitic potential,” Physical Review B, vol. 62, no. 19, pp. 13104–13110, 2000.
- M. Dequesnes, S. V. Rotkin, and N. R. Aluru, “Calculation of pull-in voltages for carbon-nanotube-based nanoelectromechanical switches,” Nanotechnology, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 120–131, 2002.
- B. Akay and D. Karaboga, “A modified Artificial Bee Colony algorithm for real-parameter optimization,” Information Sciences, vol. 192, pp. 120–142, 2012.
- U. Ascher, R. Mattheij, and R. Russell, Numerical Solution of Boundary Value Problems for Ordinary Differential Equations, vol. 13 of SIAM Classics in Applied Mathematics, 1995.
- U. Ascher and L. Petzold, Computer Methods for Ordinary Differential Equations and Differential-Algebraic Equations, SIAM, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1998.