- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 698071, 6 pages
Monthly Rainfall Estimation Using Data-Mining Process
Faculty of Technical Education, Suleyman Demirel University, 32260 Isparta, Turkey
Received 16 April 2012; Revised 13 July 2012; Accepted 18 July 2012
Academic Editor: Tzung P. Hong
Copyright © 2012 Özlem Terzi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. B. Trafalis, M. B. Richman, A. White, and B. Santosa, “Data mining techniques for improved WSR-88D rainfall estimation,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 775–786, 2002.
- K. C. Luk, J. E. Ball, and A. Sharma, “An application of artificial neural networks for rainfall forecasting,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 33, no. 6-7, pp. 683–693, 2001.
- M. Zhang, J. Fulcher, and R. A. Scofield, “Rainfall estimation using artificial neural network group,” Neurocomputing, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 97–115, 1997.
- T. Shoji and H. Kitaura, “Statistical and geostatistical analysis of rainfall in central Japan,” Computers and Geosciences, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 1007–1024, 2006.
- M. C. V. Ramírez, H. F. C. Velho, and N. J. Ferreira, “Artificial neural network technique for rainfall forecasting applied to the São Paulo region,” Journal of Hydrology, vol. 301, no. 1–4, pp. 146–162, 2005.
- R. S. V. Teegavarapu and V. Chandramouli, “Improved weighting methods, deterministic and stochastic data-driven models for estimation of missing precipitation records,” Journal of Hydrology, vol. 312, no. 1–4, pp. 191–206, 2005.
- Y.-M. Chiang, F. J. Chang, B. J. D. Jou, and P. F. Lin, “Dynamic ANN for precipitation estimation and forecasting from radar observations,” Journal of Hydrology, vol. 334, no. 1-2, pp. 250–261, 2007.
- T. Partal, E. Kahya, and K. Cığızoğlu, “Estimation of precipitation data using artificial neural networks and wavelet transform,” ITU Journal, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 73–85, 2008 (Turkish).
- L. Bodri and V. Čermák, “Prediction of extreme precipitation using a neural network: application to summer flood occurrence in Moravia,” Advances in Engineering Software, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 311–321, 2000.
- C. L. Chang, S. L. Lo, and S. L. Yu, “Applying fuzzy theory and genetic algorithm to interpolate precipitation,” Journal of Hydrology, vol. 314, no. 1–4, pp. 92–104, 2005.
- C. Damle and A. Yalcin, “Flood prediction using time series data mining,” Journal of Hydrology, vol. 333, no. 2–4, pp. 305–316, 2007.
- K.-W. Chau and N. Muttil, “Data mining and multivariate statistical analysis for ecological system in coastal waters,” Journal of Hydroinformatics, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 305–317, 2007.
- E. P. Roz, Water quality modeling and rainfall estimation: a data driven approach [M.S. thesis], University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA, 2011.
- M. E. Keskin, Ö. Terzi, and E. U. Küçüksille, “Data mining process for integrated evaporation model,” Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, vol. 135, no. 1, pp. 39–43, 2009.
- Ö. Terzi, “Monthly river flow forecasting by data mining process,” in Knowledge-Oriented Applications in Data Mining, K. Funatsu, Ed., InTech, Rijeka, Croatia, 2011.
- Ö. Terzi, E. U. Küçüksille, G. Ergin, and A. İlker, “Estimation of solar radiation using data mining process,” SDU International Technologic Science, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 29–37, 2011 (Turkish).
- R. S. V. Teegavarapu, “Estimation of missing precipitation records integrating surface interpolation techniques and spatio-temporal association rules,” Journal of Hydroinformatics, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 133–146, 2009.
- D. P. Solomatine and K. N. Dulal, “Model trees as an alternative to neural networks in rainfall-runoff modelling,” Hydrological Sciences Journal, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 399–412, 2003.
- M. E. Keskin, D. Taylan, and E. U. Kucuksille, “Data mining process for modeling hydrological time series,” Hydrology Research. In press.
- E. Simoudis, “Reality cheek for data mining,” IEEE Expert-Intelligent Systems and their Applications, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 26–33, 1996.
- S. Zhang, C. Zhang, and Q. Yang, “Data preparation for data mining,” Applied Artificial Intelligence, vol. 17, no. 5-6, pp. 375–381, 2003.
- D. N. Moriasi, J. G. Arnold, M. W. Van Liew, R. L. Bingner, R. D. Harmel, and T. L. Veith, “Model evaluation guidelines for systematic quantification of accuracy in watershed simulations,” Transactions of the ASABE, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 885–900, 2007.
- J. Piri, S. Amin, A. Moghaddamnia, A. Keshavarz, D. Han, and R. Remesan, “Daily pan evaporation modeling in a hot and dry climate,” Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 803–811, 2009.
- S. Lallahem and J. Mania, “A nonlinear rainfall-runoff model using neural network technique: example in fractured porous media,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 37, no. 9-10, pp. 1047–1061, 2003.