- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 871834, 5 pages
Development of Comprehensive Devnagari Numeral and Character Database for Offline Handwritten Character Recognition
Department of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering, Government Polytechnic, Nagpur 440 001, India
Received 5 April 2012; Accepted 31 May 2012
Academic Editor: Hyunchul Ahn
Copyright © 2012 Vikas J. Dongre and Vijay H. Mankar. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Saito, H. Yamada, and K. Yamamoto, “On the database ELT9 of hand printed characters in JIS Chinese characters and its analysis,” Transactions of the Institute of Electronics and Communication Engineers of Japan, vol. J.68-D, no. 4, pp. 757–764, 1985 (Japanese).
- J. J. Hull, “A database for handwritten text recognition research,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 550–554, 1994.
- B. B. Chaudhuri, “A complete handwritten numeral database of Bangla—a major Indic script,” CVPR Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata-108, India.
- U. Bhattacharya and B. B. Chaudhuri, “Handwritten numeral databases of Indian scripts and multistage recognition of mixed numerals,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 444–457, 2009.
- U. Bhattacharya and B. B. Chaudhuri, “Databases for research on recognition of handwritten characters of Indian scripts,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition (ICDAR '05), pp. 789–793, September 2005.
- “Handwritten character databases of Indic scripts,” 2012, http://www.isical.ac.in/~ujjwal/download/database.html.
- R. Sarkar, N. Das, S. Basu, M. Kundu, M. Nasipuri, and D. K. Basu, “CMATERdb1: a database of unconstrained handwritten Bangla and Bangla-English mixed script document image,” International Journal on Document Analysis and Recognition, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 71–83, 2012.
- M. P. Kumar, S. R. Kiran, A. Nayani, C. V. Jawahar, and P. J. Narayanan, “Tools for developing OCRs for Indian scripts,” in Proceedings of the Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Workshop (CVPRW '03), pp. 33–38, 2003.
- U. Pal and B. B. Chaudhuri, “Indian script character recognition: a survey,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 37, no. 9, pp. 1887–1899, 2004.
- TDIL, 2012, http://www.tdil.mit.gov.in/.
- CDAC, 2012, http://www.cdac.in/.
- B. B. Chaudhuri and U. Pal, “A complete printed Bangla OCR system,” Pattern Recognition, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 531–549, 1998.
- A. Aleai, P. Nagbhushan, and U. Pal, “Benchmark Kannada handwritten document database and its segmentation,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Document Analysis and Research (ICDAR '11), pp. 141–145, 2011.
- V. Bansal and R. M. K. Sinha, “Integrating knowledge sources in Devanagari text recognition system,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Part A, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 500–505, 2000.
- R. Bajaj, L. Deym, and S. Chaudhuri, “Devnagari numeral recognition by combining decision of multiple connectionist classifiers,” Sadhana, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 59–72, 2002.
- U. Bhattacharya and B. B. Chaudhuri, “A majority voting scheme for multi-resolution recognition of hand printed numerals,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition (ICDAR '2003), 2003.
- C. V. Jawahar, J. P. Pavan Kumar, and S. S. Ravi Kiran, “A bilingual OCR for Hindi-Telugu documents and its applications,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition (ICDAR '2003), pp. 1–7, 2003.
- R. J. Ramteke, P. D. Borkar, and S. C. Mehrotra, “Recognition of isolated Marathi handwritten numerals: an invariant moments approach,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Cognition and Recognition, pp. 482–489, 2005.
- T. K. Bhowmik, S. K. Parui, and U. Roy, “Discriminative HMM training with GA for handwritten word recognition,” in Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR 2008), IEEE, Tampa, Fla, USA, December 2008.
- B. V. Dhandra, R. G. Benne, and M. Hangarge, “Kannada, Telugu and Devnagari handwritten numeral recognition with probabilistic neural network: a novel approach,” International Journal of Computer Applications, pp. 83–88, 2010, IJCA special issue on recent trends in image processing and pattern recognition, RTIPPR.
- V. J. Dongre and V. H. Mankar, “A review of research on Devnagari character recognition,” International Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 8–15, 2010, (0975-8887).
- B. Singh, A. Mittal, and D. Ghosh, “An evaluation of different feature extractors and classifiers for offline handwritten Devnagari character recognition,” Journal of Pattern Recognition Research, vol. 2, pp. 269–277, 2011.
- V. J. Dongre and V. H. Mankar, “Devnagari document segmentation using histogram approach,” International Journal of Computer Science, Engineering and Information Technology, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 46–53, 2011.