- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 896948, 6 pages
Effectiveness of Context-Aware Character Input Method for Mobile Phone Based on Artificial Neural Network
1Department of Software and Information Science, Iwate Prefectural University, 152-52, Takizawa, Iwate 020-0193, Japan
2Supernet Department, System Consultant Co., Ltd., 2-14-6, Kinshi, Sumida, Tokyo 130-0013, Japan
Received 10 February 2012; Revised 19 April 2012; Accepted 26 April 2012
Academic Editor: Cheng-Hsiung Hsieh
Copyright © 2012 Masafumi Matsuhara and Satoshi Suzuki. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Kushler, “AAC: using a reduced keyboard,” in Proceedings of the Technology & Persons with Disabilities Conference (CSUN '98), Los Angeles, Calif, USA, March 1998.
- S. Hasan and K. Harbusch, “N-Best hidden Markov model super tagging to improve typing on an ambiguous keyboard,” in Proceedings of Seventh International Workshop on Tree Adjoining Grammar and Related Formalisms, pp. 24–31, Vancouver, BC, Canada, May 2004.
- M. MaMatsuhara, K. Araki, Y. Momouchi, and K. Tochinai, “Evaluation of number-Kanji translation method of non-segmented Japanese sentences using inductive learning with degenerated input,” in Proceedings of the 12th Australian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence: Advanced Topics in Artificial Intelligence, vol. 1747 of Lecture Note in Artificial Intelligence, pp. 474–475, Springer, December 1999.
- M. Matsuhara, K. Araki, and K. Tochinai, “Evaluation of number-Kanji translation method using inductive learning on E-mail,” in Proceedings of 3rd IASTED International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing (ASC ’00), pp. 487–493, Alberta, Canada, July 2000.
- K. Tanaka-Ishii, Y. Inutsuka, and M. Takeichi, “Personalization of text entry systems for mobile phones,” in Proceedings of 6th Natural Processing Pacific Rim Symposium, pp. 177–184, Tokyo, Japan, November 2001.
- K. Tanaka-Ishii, “Word-based predictive text entry using adaptive language models,” Natural Language Engineering, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 51–74, 2007.
- A. Van Den Bosch and T. Bogers, “Efficient context-sensitive word completion for mobile devices,” in Proceedings of the10th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services (MobileHCI '08), pp. 465–470, September 2008.
- M. D. Dunlop and M. Montgomery Masters, “Investigating five key predictive text entry with combined distance and key stroke modelling,” Personal and Ubiquitous Computing, vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 589–598, 2008.
- M. Matsuhara and S. Suzuki, “An efficient context-aware character input algorithm for mobile phone based on artificial neural network,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Awareness Science and Technology (iCAST '11), pp. 314–318, Dalian, China, September 2011.
- D. E. Rumelhart, G. E. Hinton, and R. J. Williams, “Learning internal representations by error propagation,” in Parallel Distributed Processing: Explorations in Microstructures of Cognition, vol. 1, pp. 318–362, MIT Press, Cambridge, UK, 1986.