- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 946398, 14 pages
Solving “Antenna Array Thinning Problem” Using Genetic Algorithm
1Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research, (A constituent of Symbiosis International University) Model Colony, Pune Maharashtra State 411016, India
2Departmetn of Information Technology, JS College of Engineering, Handewadi Road, Hadapsar, Pune 411028, India
Received 13 April 2012; Accepted 11 August 2012
Academic Editor: Yongqing Yang
Copyright © 2012 Rajashree Jain and G. S. Mani. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Ishimaru, “Theory of unequally-spaced arrays,” IRE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. AP-10, pp. 691–702, 1962.
- X. Ma and B. K. Chang, “Weighted least square method for optimum thinned antenna arrays,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, pp. 2232–2235, July 1997.
- M. G. Andreasen, “Linear arrays with variable inter-element spacings,” IRE Transactions on Antenna and Propagation, vol. AP-10, pp. 137–143, 1962.
- M. I. Skolnik, G. Nemhauser, and J. W. Sherman, “Dynamic programming applied to unequally spaced arrays,” IRE Transactions on Antenna and Propagation, vol. AP-10, pp. 35–43, 1964.
- B. K. Chang, X. Ma, and H. B. Sequeira, “Minimax-maxmini algorithm: a new approach to optimization of the thinned antenna arrays,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Antennas and Propagation International Symposium, pp. 514–517, June 1994.
- M. Skolnik, J. Sherman III, and F. Ogg, “Statistically designed density-tapered array,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 408–417, 1964.
- R. L. Haupt, “Thinned arrays using genetic algorithms,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 993–999, 1994.
- R. L. Haupt and D. H. Werner, Genetic Algorithms in Electromagnetics, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2007.
- Ó. Quevedo-Teruel and E. Rajo-Iglesias, “Ant colony optimization in thinned array synthesis with minimum sidelobe level,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 349–352, 2006.
- M. M. Khodier and C. G. Christodoulou, “Linear array geometry synthesis with minimum sidelobe level and null control using particle swarm optimization,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 53, no. 8, pp. 2674–2679, 2005.
- J. H. Holland, Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems, University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor, Mich, USA, 1975.
- D. E. Goldberg, Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization, and Machine Learning, Addison Wesley Longman, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- L. Davis, Handbook of Genetic Algorithms, Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1991.
- K. A. De Jong, An analysis of the behaviour of a class of genetic adaptive systems [Ph.D. thesis], University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich, USA, 1975.
- Y. Ramat-Samii and E. Michielssen, Electromagnetic Optimization by Genetic Algorithms, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- E. N. Gilbert and S. P. Morgan, “Optimum design of directive antenna array,” The Bell System, Technical Journal, vol. 34, pp. 637–663, 1955.
- M. Fernández-Delgado, J. A. Rodríguez-González, R. Iglesias, S. Barro, and F. J. Ares-Pena, “Fast array thinning using global optimization methods,” Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, vol. 24, no. 16, pp. 2259–2271, 2010.
- R. Jain and G. S. Mani, “Applying micro GA concept for problems with large and rugged solution space,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Region 10 Conference (TENCON '09), November 2009.
- R. Jain and G. S. Mani, “Dynamic Thinning of antenna array using genetic algorithm,” PIERB: Progress in Electromagnetic Research B, vol. 32, pp. 1–20, 2011.