- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 963917, 9 pages
Neural Oscillators Programming Simplified
Department of Computer Science and Industrial Technology, Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond, LA 70402, USA
Received 10 October 2011; Revised 29 December 2011; Accepted 2 January 2012
Academic Editor: Sebastian Ventura
Copyright © 2012 Patrick McDowell and Theresa Beaubouef. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. I. Selverston, “Are central pattern generators understandable,” Behavioral and Brain Sciences, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 535–571, 1980.
- D. M. Wilson, “The central nervous control of flight in a locust,” The Journal of Experimental Biology, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 471–490, 1961.
- F. C. Hoppensteadt and E. M. Izhikevich, “Synaptic organizations and dynamical properties of weakly connected neural oscillators. I. Analysis of a canonical model,” Biological Cybernetics, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 117–127, 1996.
- P. Getting, “Reconstruction of small neural networks,” in Methods in Neural Modeling, C. Koch, Ed., pp. 171–196, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1989.
- A. J. Ijspeert, “A connectionist central pattern generator for the aquatic and terrestrial gaits of a simulated salamander,” Biological Cybernetics, vol. 84, no. 5, pp. 331–348, 2001.
- A. J. Ijspeert and J. Kodjabachian, “Evolution and development of a central pattern generator for the swimming of a lamprey,” Artificial Life, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 247–269, 1999.
- S. R. Lockery and T. J. Sejnowski, “The computational leech,” Trends in Neurosciences, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 283–290, 1993.
- A. Roberts and M. J. Tunstall, “Mutual re-excitation with post-inhibitory rebound: a simulation study on the mechanisms for locomotor rhythm generation in the spinal cord of Xenopus embryos,” European Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 11–23, 1990.
- D. Kleinfeld and H. Sompolinsky, “Associative neural network model for the generation of temporal patterns. Theory and application to central pattern generators,” Biophysical Journal, vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 1039–1051, 1988.
- D. Meunier and H. Paugam-Moisy, “Neural networks for computational neuroscience,” in Proceedings of the European Symposium on Artificial Neural Networks—Advances in Computational Intelligence and Learning, pp. 367–378, Bruges, Belgium, April 2008.
- H. J. Chiel, R. D. Beer, and J. C. Gallagher, “Evolution and analysis of model CPGs for walking—I. Dynamical modules,” Journal of Computational Neuroscience, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 99–118, 1999.
- H. Inada and K. Ishii, “Behavior generation of bipedal robot using central pattern generator(CPG),” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, vol. 3, pp. 2179–2184, Las Vegas, Nev, USA, October 2003.
- Y. Nakamura, T. Mori, M. A. Sato, and S. Ishii, “Reinforcement learning for a biped robot based on a CPG-actor-critic method,” Neural Networks, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 723–735, 2007.
- B. You, R. Peslin, C. Duvivier, V. D. Vu, and J. P. Grilliat, “Expiratory capnography in asthma: evaluation of various shape indices,” European Respiratory Journal, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 318–323, 1994.