- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 148785, 12 pages
Development of Product Data Model for Maintenance in Concrete Highway Bridges
Faculty of Environmental and Urban Engineering, Kansai University, 3-3-35 Yamate-cho, Suita-shi, Osaka 564-8680, Japan
Received 14 September 2012; Revised 27 June 2013; Accepted 27 July 2013
Academic Editor: Hitoshi Furuta
Copyright © 2013 Satoshi Kubota and Ichizou Mikami. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Seki, “Research activities on maintenance of concrete structures,” Journal of Materials, Concrete Structures and Pavements, vol. 557, no. 5–34, pp. 1–14, 1997 (Japanese).
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MLIT), Proposal of Concept in Maintenance and Renewal of Road Structures, 2003 (Japanese).
- O. Abudayyeh and H. T. Al-Battaineh, “As-built information model for bridge maintenance,” Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 105–112, 2003.
- P. D. Thompson, J. O. Sobanjo, and R. Kerr, “Florida DOT project-level bridge management models,” Journal of Bridge Engineering, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 345–352, 2003.
- A. Stein, “OKSTRA—the key to road and transport data foundations for a road information system,” in Proceedings of the Asia GIS 2001, 2001.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MLIT), Bridge Inspection Procedure, 1993 (Japanese).
- Japan Highway Public Corporation, Maintenance Procedure, 1999 (Japanese).
- Metropolitan Expressway Public Corporation, Structures Inspection Procedure, 2001 (Japanese).
- Hanshin Expressway Public Corporation, Inspection Standards of Road Structures, 1996 (Japanese).
- A. L. Stumpf, R. Ganeshan, S. Chin, and L. Y. Liu, “Object-oriented model for integrating construction product and process information,” Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 204–212, 1996.
- A. Karim and H. Adeli, “OO information model for construction project management,” Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, vol. 125, no. 5, pp. 361–367, 1999.
- J. Hastings, J. Kibiloski, M. Fischer, J. Haymaker, and K. Liston, “Four-dimensional modeling to support construction planning of the stata center project,” Leadership and Management in Engineering, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 86–90, 2003.
- K. W. Chau, M. Anson, and J. P. Zhang, “Four-dimensional visualization of construction scheduling and site utilization,” Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, vol. 130, no. 4, pp. 598–606, 2004.
- T. A. Ei-Diraby, C. Lima, and B. Feis, “Domain taxonomy for construction concepts: toward a formal ontology for construction knowledge,” Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 394–406, 2005.
- A. Owolabi, C. J. Anumba, A. El-Hamalawi, and C. Harper, “Development of an industry foundation classes assembly viewer,” Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 121–131, 2006.
- M. M. R. Halfawy and T. M. Froese, “Component-based framework for implementing integrated architectural/ engineering/construction project systems,” Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 441–452, 2007.
- I. Mikami, S. Tanaka, S. Kubota, and Y. Ishii, “Visualization of product data models for highway bridges using VRML,” in Proceedings of the 7th East Asia-Pacific Conference on Structural Engineering & Construction, pp. 584–589, 1999.
- I. Mikami, S. Tanaka, S. Kubota, and Y. Ishii, “Database of highway bridges' product data models using STEP,” in Proceedings of the 7th East Asia-Pacific Conference on Structural Engineering & Construction, pp. 590–595, 1999.
- S. Kubota and I. Mikami, “To-be information models for maintenance of concrete highway bridges,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering Computing, B. H. V. Topping, Ed., Civil-Comp Press, Stirling, UK, September 2005.
- K. Monobe and S. Kubota, “A proposal of 3D product data model and its application system for civil infrastructure,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Sustainable Urbanization, 2010, BIM17_ICSU10468.
- S. Kubota, “Distribution and utilization of three-dimensional life-cycle information on civil infrastructure in Japan,” International Journal of Social Science and Humanity, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 24–29, 2012.
- N. Yabuki, E. Lebegue, J. Gual, T. Shitani, and Z. Li, “International collaboration for developing the bridge product model “IFC-BRIDGE”,” in Proceedings of the Joint International Conference on Computing and Decision Making in Civil and Building Engineering, pp. 1927–1936, Montreal, Canada, 2006.
- CityGML, 2013, http://www.citygmlwiki.org/index.php/CityGML_Bridge_ADE.
- T. Hartmann, J. Gao, and M. Fischer, “Areas of application for 3D and 4D models on construction projects,” Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, vol. 134, no. 10, pp. 776–785, 2008.
- M. Fischer and C. Kam, “Product model and 4D CAD: final report,” Tech. Rep. 143, Center for Integrated Facility Engineering, 2002.
- S. Staub-French and A. Khanzode, “3D and 4D modeling for design and construction coordination: issues and lessons learned,” Electronic Journal of Information Technology in Construction, vol. 12, pp. 381–407, 2007.
- B. Koo and M. Fischer, “Feasibility study of 4D CAD in commercial construction,” Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, vol. 126, no. 4, pp. 251–260, 2000.
- J. Park, B. Kim, C. Kim, and H. Kim, “3D/4D CAD applicability for life-cycle facility management,” Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 129–138, 2011.
- S. Kubota and I. Mikami, “4D information management system for road maintenance using GIS,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computing in Civil and Building Engineering, W. Tizani, Ed., Nottingham University Press, Nottingham, UK, 2010, paper 58.