- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 241489, 8 pages
Smartphone Household Wireless Electroencephalogram Hat
1Department of Biomedical Engineering, The Catholic University of America, Washington, DC 20064, USA
2Trident Systems Inc., Fairfax, VA 22030, USA
3Department of Electronic Engineering, Hallym University, Chuncheon, Gangwon-do 200-702, Republic of Korea
4Fuzzy Logic System Institute, Semiconductor Center, Kitakyushu Science and Research Park, Kitakyushu 808-0135, Fukuoka, Japan
5Swartz Center, University of California, San Diego, CA 92093, USA
6Briartek Inc., Alexandria, VA 22301, USA
Received 25 May 2012; Accepted 21 October 2012
Academic Editor: Soo-Young Lee
Copyright © 2013 Harold Szu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Wang and T. P. Jung, “A collaborative brain-computer interface for improving human performance,” PLoS ONE, vol. 6, no. 5, article e20422, 2011.
- Y. T. Wang, Y. Wang, and T. P. Jung, “A cell-phone-based brain-computer interface for communication in daily life,” Journal of Neural Engineering, vol. 8, no. 2, Article ID 025018, 2011.
- E. J. Candès, J. Romberg, and T. Tao, “Robust uncertainty principles: exact signal reconstruction from highly incomplete frequency information,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 489–509, 2006.
- E. J. Candes and T. Tao, “Near-optimal signal recovery from random projections: universal encoding strategies?” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 52, no. 12, pp. 5406–5425, 2006.
- D. L. Donoho, “Compressed sensing,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 1289–1306, 2006.
- H. Szu, C. Hsu, J. Jenkins, J. Willey, and J. Landa, “Capturing significant events with neural networks,” Neural Networks Journal, vol. 29-30, pp. 1–7, 2012.
- F. Pauri, F. Pierelli, G. E. Chatrian, and W. W. Erdly, “Long-term EEG-video-audio monitoring: computer detection of focal EEG seizure patterns,” Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysiology, vol. 82, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 1992.
- A. J. Gabor and M. Seyal, “Automated interictal EEG spike detection using artificial neural networks,” Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysiology, vol. 83, no. 5, pp. 271–280, 1992.
- H. Qu and J. Gotman, “A seizure warning system for long-term epilepsy monitoring,” Neurology, vol. 45, no. 12, pp. 2250–2254, 1995.
- G. Bauer, F. Aichner, and U. Mayr, “Nonconvulsive status epilepticus followed generalized tonic-clonic seizures,” European Neurology, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 411–419, 1982.
- H. Doose, “Nonconvulsive status epilepticus in childhood: clinical aspects and classfication,” Advances in Neurology, vol. 34, pp. 115–125, 1984.
- C. F. Reynolds, D. J. Kupfer, P. R. Houck et al., “Reliable discrimination of elderly depressed and demented patients by electroencephalographic sleep data,” Archives of General Psychiatry, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 258–264, 1988.
- G. C. Blackhart, J. A. Minnix, and J. P. Kline, “Can EEG asymmetry patterns predict future development of anxiety and depression? A preliminary study,” Biological Psychology, vol. 72, no. 1, pp. 46–50, 2006.
- G. Morabito, A. Bramanti, D. Labate, F. La Foresta, and F. C. Morabito, “Early detection of Alzheimer’s onset with Permutation Entropy analysis of EEG,” NATO, vol. 1, pp. 30–32, 2011.
- C. Bandt and B. Pompe, “Permutation entropy: a natural complexity measure for time series,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 88, no. 17, Article ID 174102, 2002.
- M. T. Tebano, M. Cameroni, G. Gallozzi et al., “EEG spectral analysis after minor head injury in man,” Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysiology, vol. 70, no. 2, pp. 185–189, 1988.
- R. W. . Thatcher, R. A. Walker, I. Gerson, and F. H. Geilser, “EEG discriminant analysis of mild head trauma,” Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysiology, vol. 73, pp. 94–106, 1989.
- R. W. Thatcher, D. S. Cantor, R. McAlaster, F. Geisler, and P. Krause, “Comprehensive predictions of outcome in closed head-injured patients. The development of prognostic equations,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 620, pp. 82–101, 1991.