- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 302573, 16 pages
Crossover Method for Interactive Genetic Algorithms to Estimate Multimodal Preferences
1Graduate School of Engineering, Doshisha University, 1-3 Tatara Miyakodani, Kyotanabe-shi, Kyoto 610-0394, Japan
2Kanazawa Seiryo University Women’s Junior College, 10-1 Ushi, Gosho-machi, Kanazawa-shi, Ishikawa 920-8620, Japan
3Faculty of Science and Engineering, Doshisha University, 1-3 Tatara Miyakodani, Kyotanabe-shi, Kyoto 610-0394, Japan
4Faculty of Life and Medical Sciences, Doshisha University, 1-3 Tatara Miyakodani, Kyotanabe-shi, Kyoto 610-0394, Japan
Received 10 September 2013; Accepted 1 December 2013
Academic Editor: Shyi-Ming Chen
Copyright © 2013 Misato Tanaka et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Ricci, L. Rokach, B. Shapira, and P. B. Kantor, Recommender Systems Handbook, Springer, 2011.
- M. J. Pazzani and D. Billsus, “Content-Based Recommendation Systems,” in The Adaptive Web, pp. 325–341, 2007.
- X. Su and T. M. Khoshgoftaar, “A survey of collaborative filtering techniques,” Advances in Artificial Intelligence, vol. 2009, Article ID 421425, 19 pages, 2009.
- G. Linden, B. Smith, and J. York, “Amazon.com recommendations: item-to-item collaborative filtering,” IEEE Internet Computing, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 76–80, 2003.
- B. Sarwar, G. Karypis, J. Konstan, and J. Reidl, “Item-based collaborative filtering recommendation algorithms,” in Proceedings of the 10th international conference on World Wide Web, pp. 285–295, 2001.
- M. Tanaka, T. Hiroyasu, M. Miki, Y. Sasaki, M. Yoshimi, and H. Yokouchi, “Extraction and usage of Kansei meta-data in interactive Genetic Algorithm,” in Proceedings of 9th World Congress on Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization (WCSMO9 '11), p. 505, 2011.
- H. Takagi, “Interactive evolutionary computation: fusion of the capabilities of EC optimization and human evaluation,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 89, no. 9, pp. 1275–1296, 2001.
- M. Herdy, “Evolution strategies with subjective selection,” in Parallel Problem SolvIng from Nature—PPSN IV, H. M. Voigt, W. Ebeling, I. Rechenberg, and H. P. Schwefel, Eds., vol. 1141 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 22–31, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1996.
- T. Unemi, “SBArt4—Breeding abstract animations in realtime,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (WCCI-IEEE CEC '10)., IEEE, Barcelona, Spain, July 2010.
- K. Sims, “Artificial evolution for computer graphics,” Computer Graphics—ACM SIGGRAPH, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 319–328, 1991.
- J. Koza and R. Poli, “Genetic programming,” in Search Methodologies, E. K. Burke and G. Kendall, Eds., pp. 127–164, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- D.-W. Gong, J. Yuan, and X.-Y. Sun, “Interactive genetic algorithms with individual's fuzzy fitness,” Computers in Human Behavior, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 1482–1492, 2011.
- D. Gong, “Interactive genetic algorithms with individual fitness not assigned by human,” Journal of Universal Computer Science, vol. 15, no. 13, pp. 2464–2480, 2009.
- X. Sun, D. Gong, and W. Zhang, “Interactive genetic algorithms with large population and semi-supervised learning,” Applied Soft Computing, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 3004–3013, 2012.
- D. E. Goldberg, Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization, and Machine Learning, Addison-Wesley Professional, 1989.
- H.-S. Kim and S.-B. Cho, “Application of interactive genetic algorithm to fashion design,” Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 635–644, 2000.
- S.-B. Cho, “Towards creative evolutionary systems with interactive genetic algorithm,” Applied Intelligence, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 129–138, 2002.
- J. C. Quiroz, S. J. Louis, A. Shankar, and S. M. Dascalu, “Interactive genetic algorithms for user interface design,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC '07), pp. 1366–1373, September 2007.
- J. C. Quiroz, A. Banerjee, S. J. Louis, and S. M. Dascalu, “Document design with interactive evolution,” in New Directions in Intelligent Interactive Multimedia Systems and Services, vol. 2, pp. 309–310, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2009.
- P. Legrand, C. Bourgeois-Republique, V. Péan et al., “Interactive evolution for cochlear implants fitting,” Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 319–354, 2007.
- H. Takagi and M. Ohsaki, “Interactive evolutionary computation-based hearing aid fitting,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 414–427, 2007.
- F. Herrera, M. Lozano, and A. M. Sánchez, “Hybrid crossover operators for real-coded genetic algorithms: an experimental study,” Soft Computing, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 280–298, 2005.
- K. Deep and M. Thakur, “A new crossover operator for real coded genetic algorithms,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 188, no. 1, pp. 895–911, 2007.
- L. J. Eshelman and J. D. Schaffer, “Real-coded genetic algorithms and interval-schemata,” Foundations of Genetic Algorithms, vol. 2, pp. 187–202, 1993.
- F. Ito, T. Hiroyasu, M. Miki, and H. Yokouchi, “Discussion of offspring generation method for interactive genetic algorithms with consideration of multimodal preference,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Simulated Evolution and Learning, vol. 5361, pp. 349–359, 2008.
- M. E. J. Newman and M. Girvan, “Finding and evaluating community structure in networks,” Physical Review E, vol. 69, no. 2, Article ID 026113, pp. 1–15, 2004.
- I. Derényi, G. Palla, and T. Vicsek, “Clique percolation in random networks,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 94, no. 16, Article ID 160202, 2005.
- R. Tibshirani, G. Walther, and T. Hastie, “Estimating the number of clusters in a data set via the gap statistic,” Journal of the Royal Statistical Society B, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 411–423, 2001.
- J. Handl and J. Knowles, “Multiobjective clustering with automatic determination of the number of clusters,” Tech. Rep. COMPSYSBIO-2004-02, UMIST, Manchester, UK, 2004.
- P. J. Rousseeuw, “Silhouettes: a graphical aid to the interpretation and validation of cluster analysis,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 20, pp. 53–65, 1987.
- A. Hotho, A. Maedche, and S. Staab, “Ontology-based text document clustering,” Künstliche Intelligenz, vol. 4, pp. 1–13, 2002.
- T. Kanungo, D. M. Mount, N. S. Netanyahu, C. D. Piatko, R. Silverman, and A. Y. Wu, “An efficient k-means clustering algorithms: analysis and implementation,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 881–892, 2002.
- I. T. Jolliffe, Principal Component Analysis, Springer, 2nd edition, 2002.
- T. Hiroyasu, M. Miki, M. Sano, H. Shimosaka, S. Tsutsui, and J. Dongarra, “Distributed probabilistic model-building genetic algorithm,” in Genetic and Evolutionary Computation—GECCO, vol. 2723 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 1015–1028, Springer, 2003.
- M. Takahashi and H. Kita, “A crossover operator using independent component analysis for real-coded genetic algorithms,” in Proceedings of the Congress on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 1, pp. 643–649, May 2001.
- M. D. Fairchild, Color Appearance Models, Wiley-IS & T, Chichester, UK, 2nd edition, 2005.