- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 345297, 9 pages
Using Multicore Technologies to Speed Up Complex Simulations of Population Evolution
ITESM-CEM, Carretera a Lago de Guadalupe km 3.5, Col. Margarita Maza de Juarez, 52956 Atizapan de Zaragoza, MEX, Mexico
Received 11 December 2012; Accepted 18 February 2013
Academic Editor: Cheng-Jian Lin
Copyright © 2013 Mauricio Guevara-Souza and Edgar E. Vallejo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Guevara-Souza and E. E. Vallejo, “Computer simulation on disease vector population replacement driven by the maternal effect dominant embryonic arrest(medea),” in Software Tools and Algorithms for Biological Systems, pp. 335–344, Springer, 2011.
- J. M. Marshall and C. E. Taylor, “Malaria control with transgenic mosquitoes,” PLoS Medicine, vol. 6, no. 2, Article ID e1000020, 2009.
- A. A. Hoffmann, B. L. Montgomery, J. Popovici et al., “Successful establishment of Wolbachia in Aedes populations to suppress dengue transmission,” Nature, vol. 476, no. 7361, pp. 454–459, 2011.
- C. J. McMeniman, R. V. Lane, B. N. Cass et al., “Stable introduction of a life-shortening Wolbachia infection into the mosquito Aedes aegypti,” Science, vol. 323, no. 5910, pp. 141–144, 2009.
- P. R. Crain, J. W. Mains, E. Suh, Y. Huang, P. H. Crowley, and S. L. Dobson, “Wolbachia infections that reduce immature insect survival: predicted impacts on population replacement,” BMC Evolutionary Biology, vol. 11, no. 1, article 290, 2011.
- S. L. Dobson, C. W. Fox, and F. M. Jiggins, “The effect of Wolbachia-induced cytoplasmic incompatibility on host population size in natural and manipulated systems,” Proceedings of the Royal Society B, vol. 269, no. 1490, pp. 437–445, 2002.
- D. C. Presgraves, “A genetic test of the mechanism of Wolbachia-induced cytoplasmic incompatibility in Drosophila,” Genetics, vol. 154, no. 2, pp. 771–776, 2000.
- V. A. A. Jansen, M. Turelli, and H. C. J. Godfray, “Stochastic spread of Wolbachia,” Proceedings of the Royal Society B, vol. 275, no. 1652, pp. 2769–2776, 2008.
- M. Guevara and E. E. Vallejo, “A computer simulation model of gene replacement in vector populations,” in Proceedings of the 8th IEEE International Conference on BioInformatics and BioEngineering (BIBE '08), pp. 1–6, IEEE, October 2008.
- M. Guevara and E. E. Vallejo, “Computer simulation on the maternal effect dominant embryonic arrest (MEDEA) for disease vector population replacement,” in Proceedings of the 11th Annual Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO '09), pp. 1787–1788, July 2009.
- C. Horstman and G. Cornell, Core Java, Sun Microsystems Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 2007.
- B. Goetz, Java Concurrency in Practice, Addison-Wesley, New York, NY, USA, 2006.
- B. Chapman, Using OpenMP: Portable Shared Memory Parallel Programming, MIT Press, Boston, Mass, USA, 2008.
- W. Savitch, Problem Solving with C++, Addison-Wesley, New York, NY, USA, 2011.
- T. Santner, B. Williams, and W. Notz, The Design and Analysis of Computer Experiments, Springer Series in Statistics, Springer, 2003.