- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 426962, 13 pages
A Nanotechnology Enhancement to Moore's Law
1School of Engineering and Applied Science, The George Washington University, Washington, DC 20052, USA
2School of Engineering, The Catholic University of America, Washington, DC 20064, USA
3Air Force Laboratory, US Air Force Office of Scientific Research, Arlington, VA, USA
Received 10 July 2012; Accepted 3 October 2012
Academic Editor: Liyi Dai
Copyright © 2013 Jerry Wu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. K. Bondyopadhyay, “Moore's law governs the silicon revolution,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 78–81, 1998.
- A. Turing, “Computing Machinery and Intelligence,” Mind, vol. 59, pp. 433–460, 1950.
- G. E. Moore, “Cramming more components onto integrated circuits,” Electronics, vol. 38, no. 8, pp. 114–117, 1965.
- G. E. Moore, “Progress in digital integrated electronics,” Proceedings of the International Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM '75), vol. 21, pp. 11–13, 1975.
- J. R. Powell, “The quantum limit to Moore's law,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 96, no. 8, pp. 1247–1248, 2008.
- G. C. Orsak, et al., Engineering Our Digital Future, Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 2004.
- H. M. Cheng, “Development of graphene-based materials for energy storage,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Vacuum Electron Sources Conference (IVESC '10), p. 49, October 2010.
- V. V. Zhirnov, R. K. Cavin, J. A. Hutchby, and G. I. Bourianoff, “Limits to binary logic switch scaling—a gedanken model,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 91, no. 11, pp. 1934–1939, 2003.
- D. Martell, “BIntel’s Moore Muses on End of Technology Maxim,” 2007.
- Fundamental physical constants, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)/Committee on Data for Science and Technology (CODATA), 2006.
- J. Baez, Length Scales in Physics, University of California, Riverside, Calif, USA, 2005.
- P. E. Ross, “5 commandments,” IEEE Spectrum, vol. 40, no. 12, pp. 30–35, 2003.
- K. Rupp and S. Selberherr, “The economic limit to moore's law,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 98, no. 3, pp. 351–353, 2010.
- R. R. Schaller, “Moore's law: past, present, and future,” IEEE Spectrum, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 52–57, 1997.
- K.-Y. K. Chang, S. T. Chuang, N. McKeown, and M. Horowitz, “50 Gb/s 32 × 32 CMOS crossbar chip using asymmetric serial links,” in Proceedings of the Symposium on VLSI Circuits, pp. 19–20, June 1999.
- Graham, H. Johnson, and M. s. l, High-Speed Signal Propagation: Advanced Black Magic, Prentice Hall, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- M. Mishali and Y. C. Eldar, “Wideband spectrum sensing at sub-nyquist rates,” IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 102–135, 2011.
- C. E. Shannon, “Communication in the presence of noise,” in Proceedings of the Institute of Radio Engineers (IRE '49), vol. 37, pp. 10–21, January 1949.
- G. Kim, “How Fast is Mobile Bandwidth Demand Growing?” Razorsight Corp., 2012, http://www.razorsight.com/.
- M. Meeker, K. Perkins, and M. Stanley, Research, Berg Insight, http://www.berginsight.com/.
- Gartner, IDC, Strategy Analytics, BI Intelligence.
- M. Totzeck, W. Ulrich, A. Göhnermeier, and W. Kaiser, “Semiconductor fabrication: pushing deep ultraviolet lithography to its limits,” Nature Photonics, vol. 1, no. 11, pp. 629–631, 2007.
- P. Zimmerman, Double Patterning Lithography: Double the Trouble or Double the Fun?2009.
- E. Scott, “Thompson; power, cost and circuit IP reuse: the real limiter to moore's law over the next 10 years,” in International Symposium on VLSI Technology Systems and Applications (VLSI-TSA '10), April 2010.
- G. P. Perrucci, F. H. P. Fitzek, and J. Widmer, “Survey on energy consumption entities on the smartphone platform,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 73rd Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Spring), May 2011.
- S. Borkar and A. A. Chien, “The future of microprocessors,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 67–77, 2011.
- A. Viterbi, Shannon Capacity Limits of Wireless Networks, Sequences, Subsequences, and Consequences, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 2007.
- Rysavy Research, “Mobile Broadband Capacity Constraints and the Need for Optimization,” Rysavy Research, LLC, http://www.rysavy.com/.
- R. J. Kershner, L. D. Bozano, C. M. Micheel et al., “Placement and orientation of individual DNA shapes on lithographically patterned surfaces,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 4, no. 9, pp. 557–561, 2009.
- D. Bruce McCombe, Department of Physics, University at Buffalo State University of New York, http://www.csequin.buffalo.edu/Lectures/SemicondSpintronics.ppt.
- IBM Corporation, http://www.ibm.com/.
- H. Szu, Y. L. Shen, J. Wu, and K. Reinhardt, “Non-cryogenic cooled MWIR with swap-limited carbon nanotubes,” in Proceedings of the Independent Component Analyses, Wavelets, Neural Networks, Biosystems, and Nanoengineering IX, vol. 8058 of Proceedings of SPIE, June 2011.
- H. Szu, L. H. Ya, and K. Reinhardt, “Nano-Surgeon targeted at tumor cells mediated with CNT at NIR band-gap,” in Presented in US/Taiwan Nanotech Workshop, Dr. Weinstock, AFOSR, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 2008.
- Centre for Quantum Computation and Communication at the University of New South Wales, http://www.cqc2t.org/.
- S. Jafarpour, “Introduction to the world of Quantum Computers,” in Proceedings of the 5th IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Informatics (ICCI '06), pp. 760–764, July 2006.
- H. Huff, Into The Nano Era: Moore's Law Beyond Planar Silicon CMOS, Springer, 2008.