- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 686345, 7 pages
A Novel Feature Extraction Method for Nonintrusive Appliance Load Monitoring
1Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Lebanese International University, Mazraa, Beirut 146404, Lebanon
2Pascal Institute, UMR 6602, 24 Avenue des Landais, 63177 Aubière Cedex, France
Received 30 March 2013; Accepted 12 April 2013
Academic Editor: Baoding Liu
Copyright © 2013 Khaled Chahine and Khalil El Khamlichi Drissi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. W. Hart, “Nonintrusive appliance load monitoring,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 80, no. 12, pp. 1870–1891, 1992.
- C. Laughman, K. Lee, R. Cox et al., “Power signature analysis,” IEEE Power and Energy Magazine, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 56–63, 2003.
- Y. Du, L. Du, B. Lu, R. Harley, and T. Habetler, “A review of identification and monitoring methods for electric loads in commercial and residential buildings,” in Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE '10), pp. 4527–4533, Atlanta, Ga, USA, September 2010.
- M. Zeifman and K. Roth, “Nonintrusive appliance load monitoring: review and outlook,” IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 76–84, 2011.
- H. Najmeddine, K. E. K. Drissi, C. Pasquier et al., “Smart Metering by using matrix pencil,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Environment and Electrical Engineering (EEEIC '10), pp. 238–241, Prague, Czech Republic, May 2010.
- H. Najmeddine, K. El Khamlichi Drissi, A. Diop, and T. Jouannet, “Method and device for the non-intrusive determination of the electrical power consumed by an installation, by analysing load transients,” French Patent, FR 0856717, October 2008.
- K. Chahine, K. El Khamlichi Drissi, C. Pasquier et al., “Electric load disaggregation in smart metering using a novel feature extraction method and supervised classification,” Energy Procedia, vol. 6, pp. 627–632, 2011.
- Y. Hua and T. K. Sarkar, “Matrix pencil method for estimating parameters of exponentially damped/undamped sinusoids in noise,” IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 814–824, 1990.