- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 415187, 10 pages
Pleasant/Unpleasant Filtering for Affective Image Retrieval Based on Cross-Correlation of EEG Features
The University of Tokushima 2-1 Minami-Josanjima, Tokushima 770-8506, Japan
Received 25 September 2013; Accepted 23 January 2014; Published 5 March 2014
Academic Editor: Jun He
Copyright © 2014 Keranmu Xielifuguli et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Hijikata, “Techniques of preference extraction for information recommendation,” IPSJ Magazine, vol. 48, no. 9, pp. 957–965, 2007.
- Y. Kawai, J. Zhang, and H. Kawasaki, “Tour recommendation system based on web information and GIS,” in IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME' 09), pp. 990–993, 2009.
- B. Sarwar, G. Karypis, J. Konstan, and L. Riedl, “Item-based collaborative filtering recommendation algorithms,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on World Wide Web (WWW' 01), pp. 285–295, Hong Kong, China, 2001.
- G. Adomavicius and A. Tuzhilin, “Toward the next generation of recommender systems: a survey of the state-of-the-art and possible extensions,” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 734–749, 2005.
- S. Middleton, N. Shadbolt, and D. Roure, “Capturinng interest through inference and visualization: ontological user profiling in recommender systems,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Knowledge Capture, pp. 62–69, 2003.
- J. Pragarauskaite and G. Dzemyda, “Visual decisions in the analysis of customers online shopping behavior,” Nonlinear Analysis: Modelling and Control, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 355–368, 2012.
- F. Dolcos and R. Cabeza, “Event-related potentials of emotional memory: encoding pleasant, unpleasant, and neutral pictures,” Cognitive, Affective & Behavioral Neuroscience, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 252–263, 2002.
- Y. Mitsukura, “Can we detect the preference by the EEG,” The Journal of the Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan, vol. 130, no. 6, pp. 352–355, 2010.
- H. Fukai, Y. Tomita, and Y. Mitsukura, “A design of the preference acquisition detection system using the EEG,” Journal of Intelligent Information Systems, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 19–25, 2013.
- N. Utsunomiya, H. Tanaka, and H. Ide, “Construction of pleasantness emotion matrix by the correlation coefficients of EEG,” IEEJ Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 122, no. 2, pp. 309–311, 2002.
- T. Musha, “Feature extraction from EEGs associated with emotions,” Artificial Life and Robotics, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 15–19, 1997.
- M. Murugappan, M. Rizon, R. Nagarajan, S. Yaacob, I. Zunaidi, and D. Hazry, “EEG feature extraction for classifying emotions using FCM and FKM,” International Journal of Computers and Communications, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 21–25, 2007.
- S. Ito, Y. Mitsukura, and M. Fukumi, “A model for extracting personal features of an electroencephalogram and its evaluation method,” IEEJ Transactions on Electronics, Information and Systems, vol. 129, no. 1, pp. 17–24, 2009.
- A. L. Berger, S. A. D. Pietra, and V. J. D. Pietra, “A Maximum entropy approach to natural language modeling,” Computational Linguistics, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 39–71, 1996.
- O. F. Josef and H. Ney, “Discriminative training and maximum entropy models for statistical machine translation,” in Proceedings of the 40th Annual Meeting on Association, Association for Computational Linguistics, 2002.
- K. B. Lipkowitz and T. R. Cundari, “Applications of support vector machines in chemistry,” in Reviews in Computational Chemistry, vol. 23, pp. 291–400, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, Germany, 2007.
- C. Cortes, M. Mohri, and A. Rostamizadeh, “Multi-class classification with maximum margin multiple kemel,” in Proceedings of the 30th International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML '13), vol. 3, pp. 46–54, 2013.
- A. J. Smola and B. Scholkopf, “A tutorial on support vector regression,” Statistics and Computing, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 199–222, 2004.
- S. Akoho, “A kernel method for canonical correlation analysis,” in Proceedings of the International Meeting of Psychometric Society, vol. 1, 2001.
- Y. Kosugi, Y. Kotani, and T. Musha, Brain-Type Information Processing, Morikita, 2006.
- M. Karasuyama and M. Sugiyama, “Canonical dependency analysis based on squared-loss mutual information,” Neural Networks, vol. 34, pp. 46–55, 2012.
- D. C. Liu and J. Nocedal, “On the limited memory BFGS method for large scale optimization,” Mathematical Programming, vol. 45, no. 1–3, pp. 503–528, 1989.
- J. Duchi and Y. Singer, “Efficient online and batch learning using forward backward splitting,” Journal of Machine Learning Research, vol. 10, pp. 2899–2934, 2009.
- E. T. Jaynes, “On the rationale of maximum-entropy methods,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 70, no. 9, pp. 939–952, 1982.
- A. Caticha and A. Gin, “Updating probabilities,” in Proceedings of the Bayesian Inference and Maximum Entropy Methods in Science and Engineering, A. Mohammad-Djafari, Ed., vol. 31, p. 872, AIP, 2006.
- T. Joachims, Making Large-Scale SVM Learning Practical, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1998.
- V. N. Vapnik, “An overview of statistical learning theory,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 988–999, 1999.
- J. Huang, S. R. Kumar, M. Mitra, W.-J. Zhu, and R. Zabih, “Image indexing using color correlograms,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 762–768, 1997.
- I. J. Cox, M. L. Miller, S. M. Omohundro, and P. N. Yianilos, “PicHunter: bayesian relevance feedback for image retrieval,” in Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Pattern Recognition, pp. 361–369, 1996.
- M. Turtinen, M. Pietikainen, and O. Silven, “Visual characterization of paper using isomap and local binary patterns,” IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems, vol. E89-D, no. 7, pp. 2076–2083, 2006.
- T. Ojala, M. Pietikäinen, and T. Mäenpää, “Multiresolution gray-scale and rotation invariant texture classification with local binary patterns,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 971–987, 2002.
- M. Turtinen, M. Pietikainen, O. Silven, T. Maenpaa, and M. Niskanen, “Paper characterization by texture using visualization-based training,” The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 22, no. 11-12, pp. 890–898, 2003.
- T. Kohonen, Self-Organizing Maps, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1997.
- X. Luo, M. Shishibori, F. Ren, and K. Kita, “Incorporate feature space transformation to content-based image retrieval with relevance feedback,” International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 1237–1250, 2007.