- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 735942, 9 pages
Opinion Mining from Online User Reviews Using Fuzzy Linguistic Hedges
1Information Technology Department, Sarvajanik College of Engineering & Technology, Surat 395001, India
2Computer Engineering Department, S. V. National Institute of Technology, Surat 395007, India
Received 29 August 2013; Accepted 1 January 2014; Published 20 February 2014
Academic Editor: Sebastian Ventura
Copyright © 2014 Mita K. Dalal and Mukesh A. Zaveri. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Hu and B. Liu, “Mining and summarizing customer reviews,” in Proceedings of the 10th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD ‘04), pp. 168–177, August 2004.
- M. A. Jahiruddin, M. N. Doja, and T. Ahmad, “Feature and opinion mining for customer review summarization,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence (PReMI ‘09), vol. 5909 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 219–224, 2009.
- S. Shi and Y. Wang, “A product features mining method based on association rules and the degree of property co-occurrence,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer Science and Network Technology (ICCSNT '11), vol. 2, pp. 1190–1194, December 2011.
- S. Huang, X. Liu, X. Peng, and Z. Niu, “Fine-grained product features extraction and categorization in reviews opinion mining,” in Proceedings of the 12th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining Workshops (ICDMW '12), pp. 680–686, 2012.
- C.-P. Wei, Y.-M. Chen, C.-S. Yang, and C. C. Yang, “Understanding what concerns consumers: a semantic approach to product feature extraction from consumer reviews,” Information Systems and e-Business Management, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 149–167, 2010.
- A.-M. Popescu and O. Etzioni, “Extracting product features and opinions from reviews,” in Proceedings of Human Language Technology Conference and Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (HLT/EMNLP '05), pp. 339–346, October 2005.
- W. Y. Kim, J. S. Ryu, K. I. Kim, and U. M. Kim, “A method for opinion mining of product reviews using association rules,” in ACM International Conference on Interaction Sciences: Information Technology, Culture and Human (ICIS '09), pp. 270–274, November 2009.
- M. K. Dalal and M. A. Zaveri, “Semisupervised learning based opinion summarization and classification for online product reviews,” Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing, vol. 2013, Article ID 910706, 8 pages, 2013.
- B. Pang, L. Lee, and S. Vaithyanathan, “Thumbs up? Sentiment classification using machine learning techniques,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP '02), pp. 79–86, 2002.
- L. A. Zadeh, “The concept of a linguistic variable and its application to approximate reasoning-II,” Information Sciences, vol. 8, no. 4, part 3, pp. 301–357, 1975.
- V. N. Huynh, T. B. Ho, and Y. Nakamori, “A parametric representation of linguistic hedges in Zadeh's fuzzy logic,” International Journal of Approximate Reasoning, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 203–223, 2002.
- L. Dey and Sk. M. Haque, “Opinion mining from noisy text data,” International Journal on Document Analysis and Recognition, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 205–226, 2009.
- L. Polanyi and A. Zaenen, “Contextual valence shifters,” in Computing Attitude and Affect in Text: Theory and Applications, vol. 20 of The Information Retrieval Series, pp. 1–10, 2006.
- A. Kennedy and D. Inkpen, “Sentiment classification of movie reviews using contextual valence shifters,” Computational Intelligence, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 110–125, 2006.
- M. Taboada, J. Brooke, M. Tofiloski, K. Voll, and M. Stede, “Lexicon-basedmethods for sentiment analysis,” Computational Linguistics, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 267–307, 2011.
- A.-D. Vo and C.-Y. Ock, “Sentiment classification: a combination of PMI, sentiWordNet and fuzzy function,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Computational Collective Intelligence Technologies and Applications (ICCCI '12), vol. 7654, part 2 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 373–382, 2012.
- S. Nadali, M. A. A. Murad, and R. A. Kadir, “Sentiment classification of customer reviews based on fuzzy logic,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Information Technology (ITSim' 10), pp. 1037–1044, mys, June 2010.
- S. Kim, K. Han, H. Rim, and S. H. Myaeng, “Some effective techniques for naïve bayes text classification,” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 1457–1466, 2006.
- Z.-Q. Wang, X. Sun, D.-X. Zhang, and X. Li, “An optimal SVM-based text classification algorithm,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, pp. 1378–1381, August 2006.
- Z. Wang, Y. He, and M. Jiang, “A comparison among three neural networks for text classification,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Signal Processing (ICSP '06), pp. 1883–1886, November 2006.
- D. Isa, L. H. Lee, V. P. Kallimani, and R. Rajkumar, “Text document preprocessing with the bayes formula for classification using the support vector machine,” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol. 20, no. 9, pp. 1264–1272, 2008.
- R. D. Goyal, “Knowledge based neural network for text classification,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Granular Computing (GrC '07), pp. 542–547, November 2007.
- H. P. Luhn, “The automatic creation of literature abstracts,” IBM Journal of Research and Development, vol. 2, pp. 159–165, 1958.
- H. P. Edmundson, “New methods in automatic extracting,” Journal of the ACM, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 264–285, 1969.
- C.-Y. Lin and E. H. Hovy, “Manual and automatic evaluation of summaries,” in Proceedings of the ACL-02 Workshop on Automatic Summarization, vol. 4, pp. 45–51, 2002.
- C.-Y. Lin and E. H. Hovy, “Identifying topics by position,” in Proceedings of the 5h Conference on Applied Natural Language Processing, pp. 283–290, 1997.
- R. Barzilay and M. Elhadad, in Proceedings of the ACL Workshop on Intelligent Scalable Text Summarization, Using lexical chains for text summarization, Ed., pp. 10–17, 1997.
- D. Marcu, “Improving summarization through rhetorical parsing tuning,” in Proceedings of the 6th Workshop on Very Large Corpora, pp. 206–215, 1998.
- J. Carbonell and J. Goldstein, “The use of MMR, diversity-based reranking for reordering documents and producing summaries,” in Proceedings of the ACM 21st International Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, pp. 335–336, 1998.
- J. Lin, N. Madnani, and B. J. Dorr, “Putting the user in the loop: interactive maximal marginal relevance for query-focused summarization,” in Proceedings of the Annual Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (HLT’10), pp. 305–308, June 2010.
- P.-Y. Zhang and C.-H. Li, “Automatic text summarization based on sentences clustering and extraction,” in Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology (ICCSIT '09), pp. 167–170, August 2009.
- M. Hu and B. Liu, “Mining opinion features in customer reviews,” in Proceedings of the 19th National Conference on Artifical Intelligence (IAAI '04), pp. 755–760, San Jose, Calif, USA.
- L. Zhao and C. Li, “Ontology based opinion mining for movie reviews,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Knowledge Science, Engineering and Management, pp. 204–214, 2009.
- P. D. Turney, “Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down?: semantic orientation applied to unsupervised classification of reviews,” in Proceedings of the 40th Annual Meeting on Association for Computational Linguistics, pp. 417–424, 2002.
- D. Sleator and D. Temperley, “Parsing english with a link grammar,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Parsing Technologies, pp. 1–14, 1993.
- D. Klein and C. D. Manning, “Fast exact inference with a factored model for natural language parsing,” in Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS '02), pp. 3–10, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 2003.
- R. Agrawal and R. Srikant, “Fast algorithm for mining association rules,” in Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases, pp. 487–499, 1994.
- K. W. Church and P. Hanks, “Word association norms, mutual information and lexicography,” Computational Linguistics, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 22–29, 1990.
- W. Zhang, T. Yoshida, and X. Tang, “Text classification using multi-word features,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC '07), pp. 3519–3524, October 2007.
- M. K. Dalal and M. A. Zaveri, “Automatic text classification of sports blog data,” in Proceedings of the Computing, Communications and Applications Conference (ComComAp '12), pp. 219–222, January 2012.
- W. Zhang, T. Yoshida, and X. Tang, “TFIDF, LSI and multi-word in information retrieval and text categorization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (SMC '08), pp. 108–113, October 2008.
- V. Hatzivassiloglou and K. Mckeown, “Predicting the semantic orientation of adjectives,” in Proceedings of the 35th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics and Eighth Conference of the European Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL '98), pp. 174–181, 1998.
- P. D. Turney and M. L. Littman, “Measuring praise and criticism: inference of semantic orientation from association,” ACM Transactions on Information Systems, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 315–346, 2003.
- G. A. Miller, “WordNet: a lexical database for English,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 38, no. 11, pp. 39–41, 1995.
- S. Baccianella, A. Esuli, and F. Sebastiani, “SentiWordNet 3.0: an enhanced lexical resource for sentiment analysis and opinion mining,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC '10), pp. 2200–2204, 2010.
- T. Zamali, M. A. Lazim, and M. T. A. Osman, “Sensitivity analysis using fuzzy linguistic hedges,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Humanities, Science and Engineering Research, pp. 669–672, 2012.
- M. K. Dalal and M. A. Zaveri, “Automatic classification of unstructured blog text,” in Journal of Intelligent Learning Systems and Applications, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 108–114, 2013.
- J. Han and M. Kamber, Data Mining: Concepts and Techniques, chapter 2, Elsevier, 2nd edition, 2006.