- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 981932, 8 pages
Image Enhancement under Data-Dependent Multiplicative Gamma Noise
1Department of Mathematical and Computational Sciences, National Institute of Technology, Karnataka 575025, India
2Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Karnataka 575025, India
Received 13 February 2014; Accepted 19 May 2014; Published 1 June 2014
Academic Editor: Christian W. Dawson
Copyright © 2014 Jidesh Pacheeripadikkal and Bini Anattu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Perona and J. Malik, “Scale-space and edge detection using anisotropic diffusion,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 629–639, 1990.
- H. Kim, V. R. Calvert, and S. Kim, “Preservation of fine structures in pde-based image denoising,” Advances in Numerical Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 750146, 19 pages, 2012.
- X. Li, L. Shao, R. Yan, and Y. Liu, “From heuristic optimization to dictionary learning: a review and comprehensive comparison of image denoising algorithms,” IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, 2013.
- D. Bertaccini, R. H. Chan, S. Morigi, and F. Sgallari, “An adaptive norm algorithm for image restoration,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 6667, pp. 194–205, 2012.
- R. H. Chan, A. Lanza, S. Morigi, and F. Sgallari, “An adaptive strategy for the restoration of textured images using fractional order regularization,” Numerical Mathematics, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 276–296, 2013.
- L. I. Rudin, S. Osher, and E. Fatemi, “Nonlinear total variation based noise removal algorithms,” Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena, vol. 60, no. 1–4, pp. 259–268, 1992.
- A. Marquina and S. Osher, “Explicit algorithms for a new time dependent model based on level set motion for nonlinear deblurring and noise removal,” SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 387–405, 2001.
- G. Aubertt and J.-F. Aujol, “A variational approach to removing multiplicative noise,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 68, no. 4, pp. 925–946, 2008.
- S. Setzer, G. Steidl, and T. Teuber, “Deblurring Poissonian images by split Bregman techniques,” Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 193–199, 2010.
- P. L. Lions, L. I. Rudin, and S. Osher, “Multiplicative denoising and deblurring: theory andalgorithms,” in Geometric Level Set Methods in Imaging, Vision, and Graphics, pp. 103–120, Springer, 2003.
- L. Xiao, L.-L. Huang, and Z.-H. Wei, “Multiplicative noise removal via a novel variational model,” Eurasip Journal on Image and Video Processing, vol. 2010, Article ID 250768, 2010.
- M. K. Ng, M. Huang, and Y. Y. W. Wen, “A new total variation method for multiplicative noise removal,” SIAM Journal on Imaging Sciences, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 22–40, 2009.
- P. Jidesh and A. A. Bini, “A complex diffusion driven approach for removing data-dependent multiplicative noise,” in Proceedings of the Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence, vol. 8251 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 284–289, 2013.
- P. Jidesh, “A convex regularization model for image restoration,” Computers and Electrical Engineering, 2014.
- S. Osher and L. I. Rudin, “Feature-oriented image enhancement using shock filters,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 919–940, 1990.
- L. Alvarez and L. Mazorra, “Signal and image restoration using shock filters and anisotropic diffusion,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 590–605, 1994.
- G. Gilboa, N. A. Sochen, and Y. Y. Zeevi, “Regularized shock filters and complex diffusion,” in Proceedings of the Computer Vision (ECCV '02), pp. 399–413, 2002.
- P. Jidesh and S. George, “Curvature driven diffusion coupled with shock for image enhancement/reconstruction,” International Journal of Signal and Imaging Systems Engineering, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 238–247, 2011.
- P. Jidesh and S. George, “Shock coupled fourth-order diffusion for image enhancement,” Computers and Electrical Engineering, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 1262–1277, 2012.
- P. Blomgren, T. F. Chan, and P. Mulet, “Extensions to total variation denoising,” in Advanced Signal Processing: Algorithms, Architectures and Implementations VII, Proceedings of the SPIE, pp. 367–375, July 1997.
- S. Osher and J. A. Sethian, “Fronts propagating with curvature-dependent speed: algorithms based on Hamilton-Jacobi formulations,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 79, no. 1, pp. 12–49, 1988.
- W. K. Pratt, Digital Image Processing, Wiley, 4th edition, 2007.
- Z. Wang, A. C. Bovik, H. R. Sheikh, and E. P. Simoncelli, “Image quality assessment: from error visibility to structural similarity,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 600–612, 2004.