- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Condensed Matter Physics
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 167985, 6 pages
The Phenomenology of Iron Pnictides Superconductors Explained in the Framework of -Wave Three-Band Eliashberg Theory
Dipartimento di Fisica and CNISM, Politecnico di Torino, Corso Duca degli Abruzzi 24, 10129 Torino, Italy
Received 25 May 2009; Revised 10 August 2009; Accepted 3 September 2009
Academic Editor: Igor Mazin
Copyright © 2010 G. A. Ummarino. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Kamihara, T. Watanabe, M. Hirano, and H. Hosono, “Iron-based layered superconductor with ,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 130, no. 11, pp. 3296–3297, 2008.
- Z.-A. Ren, W. Lu, J. Yang, et al., “Superconductivity at 55 K in iron-based F-doped layered quaternary compound ,” Chinese Physics Letters, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 2215–2216, 2008.
- M. Rotter, M. Tegel, and D. Johrendt, “Superconductivity at 38 K in the iron arsenide ,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 101, no. 10, Article ID 107006, 2008.
- C. de La Cruz, Q. Huang, J. W. Lynn, et al., “Magnetic order close to superconductivity in the iron-based layered systems,” Nature, vol. 453, no. 7197, pp. 899–902, 2008.
- L. Boeri, O. V. Dolgov, and A. A. Golubov, “Is an electron-phonon superconductor?” Physical Review Letters, vol. 101, no. 2, Article ID 026403, 4 pages, 2008.
- L. Boeri, O. V. Dolgov, and A. A. Golubov, “Electron-phonon properties of pnictide superconductors,” Physica C, vol. 469, no. 9–12, pp. 628–634, 2009.
- I. I. Mazin, D. J. Singh, M. D. Johannes, and M. H. Du, “Unconventional superconductivity with a sign reversal in the order parameter of ,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 101, no. 5, Article ID 057003, 2008.
- Physica C 469, 2009, Special Issue on Pnictides.
- I. I. Mazin and J. Schmalian, “Pairing symmetry and pairing state in ferropnictides: theoretical overview,” Physica C, vol. 469, no. 9–12, pp. 614–627, 2009.
- L. Benfatto, M. Capone, S. Caprara, C. Castellani, and C. di Castro, “Multiple gaps and superfluid density from interband pairing in a four-band model of the iron oxypnictides,” Physical Review B, vol. 78, no. 14, Article ID 140502, 4 pages, 2008.
- E. Z. Kuchinskii and M. V. Sadovskii, “Multiple bands: a key to high-temperature superconductivity in iron arsenides?” Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics Letters, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 156–160, 2009.
- G. M. Eliashberg, “Interactions between electrons and lattice vibrations in a superconductor,” Soviet Physycs. JETP Letters, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 696–702, 1960.
- D. J. Scalapino, “The Electron-phonon interaction and strong-coupling superconductors,” in Superconductivity, R. D. Parks, Ed., p. 449, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1969.
- J. P. Carbotte, “Properties of boson-exchange superconductors,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 1027–1157, 1990.
- P. B. Allen and B. Mitrovich, “Theory of superconducting ,” in Solid State Physics, H. Ehrenreich, F. Seitz, and D. Turnbull, Eds., vol. 37, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1982.
- F. Marsiglio and J. P. Carbotte, “Electron-phonon superconductivity,” in The Physics of Conventional and Unconventional Superconductors, K. H. Bennemann and J. B. Ketterson, Eds., p. 233, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- F. Marsiglio, “Eliashberg theory of the critical temperature and isotope effect. Dependence on bandwidth, band-filling, and direct Coulomb repulsion,” Journal of Low Temperature Physics, vol. 87, no. 5-6, pp. 659–682, 1992.
- C. R. Leavens and E. Talbot, “Effect of thermal phonons on the superconducting transition temperature,” Physical Review B, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 1304–1313, 1983.
- G. A. Ummarino, “Effects of magnetic impurities on two-band superconductor,” Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism, vol. 20, no. 7-8, pp. 639–642, 2007.
- S. V. Shulga, S.-L. Drechsler, G. Fuchs, et al., “Upper critical field peculiarities of superconducting and ,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 80, no. 8, pp. 1730–1733, 1998.
- S. D. Adrian, S. A. Wolf, O. V. Dolgov, S. Shulga, and V. Z. Kresin, “Density of states and the energy gap in superconducting cuprates,” Physical Review B, vol. 56, no. 13, pp. 7878–7881, 1997.
- G. A. Ummarino, R. S. Gonnelli, S. Massidda, and A. Bianconi, “Two-band Eliashberg equations and the experimental of the diboride ,” Physica C, vol. 407, no. 3-4, pp. 121–127, 2004.
- E. J. Nicol and J. P. Carbotte, “Properties of the superconducting state in a two-band model,” Physical Review B, vol. 71, no. 5, Article ID 054501, 18 pages, 2005.
- G. A. Ummarino, “Iron-based layered compounds: the effect of negative interband coupling,” Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 603–607, 2009.
- O. V. Dolgov, R. K. Kremer, J. Kortus, A. A. Golubov, and S. V. Shulga, “Thermodynamics of two-band superconductors: the case of ,” Physical Review B, vol. 72, no. 2, Article ID 024504, 2005.
- D. Parker, O. V. Dolgov, M. M. Korshunov, A. A. Golubov, and I. I. Mazin, “Extended scenario for the nuclear spin-lattice relaxation rate in superconducting pnictides,” Physical Review B, vol. 78, no. 13, Article ID 134524, 5 pages, 2008.
- H. J. Vidberg and J. W. Serene, “Solving the Eliashberg equations by means of N-point Padé approximants,” Journal of Low Temperature Physics, vol. 29, no. 3-4, pp. 179–192, 1977.
- C. R. Leavens and D. S. Ritchie, “Extension of the N-point Padé approximants solution of the Eliashberg equations to ,” Solid State Communications, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 137–142, 1985.
- G. A. Ummarino and R. S. Gonnelli, “Real-axis direct solution of the d-wave Eliashberg equations and the tunneling density of states in optimally doped ,” Physica C, vol. 328, no. 3, pp. 189–194, 1999.
- R. S. Gonnelli, D. Daghero, M. Tortello, et al., “Coexistence of two order parameters and a pseudogaplike feature in the iron-based superconductor ,” Physical Review B, vol. 79, no. 18, Article ID 184526, 11 pages, 2009.
- H. Ding, P. Richard, K. Nakayama, et al., “Observation of Fermi-surface-dependent nodeless superconducting gaps in ,” Europhysics Letters, vol. 83, no. 4, Article ID 47001, 2008.
- D. Daghero, M. Tortello, R. S. Gonnelli, V. A. Stepanov, N. D. Zhigadlo, and J. Karpinski, “Evidence for two-gap nodeless superconductivity in from point-contact Andreev-reflection spectroscopy,” Physical Review B, vol. 80, no. 6, 2009.
- D. Daghero, M. Tortello, R. S. Gonnelli, et al., “Point-contact Andreev-reflection spectroscopy in : possible evidence for two nodeless gaps,” Physica C, vol. 469, no. 9–12, pp. 512–520, 2009.
- A. D. Christianson, E. A. Goremychkin, R. Osborn, et al., “Unconventional superconductivity in from inelastic neutron scattering,” Nature, vol. 456, no. 7224, pp. 930–932, 2008.
- R. Osborn, S. Rosenkranz, E. A. Goremychkin, and A. D. Christianson, “Inelastic neutron scattering studies of the spin and lattice dynamics in iron arsenide compounds,” Physica C, vol. 469, no. 9–12, pp. 498–506, 2009.
- M. V. Sadovskii, “High-temperature superconductivity in iron-based layered iron compounds,” Physics-Uspekhi, vol. 51, no. 12, pp. 1201–1227, 2008.
- I. I. Mazin, private communication.
- O. V. Dolgov, I. I. Mazin, D. Parker, and A. A. Golubov, “Interband superconductivity: contrasts between Bardeen-Cooper-Schrieffer and Eliashberg theories,” Physical Review B, vol. 79, no. 6, Article ID 060502, 2009.
- K. Hasselbach, J. R. Kirtley, and P. Lejay, “Point-contact spectroscopy of superconducting ,” Physical Review B, vol. 46, no. 9, pp. 5826–5829, 1992.
- R. Escudero, F. Morales, and P. Lejay, “Temperature dependence of the antiferromagnetic state in by point-contact spectroscopy,” Physical Review B, vol. 49, no. 21, pp. 15271–15275, 1994.
- G. A. Ummarino, R. S. Gonnelli, and D. Daghero, “Tunneling conductance of SIN junctions with different gap symmetries and non-magnetic impurities by direct solution of real-axis Eliashberg equations,” Physica C, vol. 377, no. 3, pp. 292–303, 2002.
- R. Prozorov, M. A. Tanatar, R. T. Gordon, et al., “Anisotropic London penetration depth and superfluid density in single crystals of iron-based pnictide superconductors,” Physica C, vol. 469, no. 9–12, pp. 582–589, 2009.