- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Condensed Matter Physics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 174786, 8 pages
Effects of on the Lyotropic Liquid Crystalline Behavior in Nonaqueous and Aqueous Medium
Materials Research Laboratory, School of Physics and Materials Science, Thapar University, Patiala 147004, India
Received 6 March 2011; Revised 29 May 2011; Accepted 9 June 2011
Academic Editor: Nigel Wilding
Copyright © 2011 Ravi K. Shukla and K. K. Raina. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. L. Moyá, A. Rodríguez, M. del Mar Graciani, and G. Fernández, “Role of the solvophobic effect on micellization,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 316, no. 2, pp. 787–795, 2007.
- P. S. Kumar, S. K. Pal, S. Kumar, and V. Lakshminarayanan, “Dispersion of thiol stabilized gold nanoparticles in lyotropic liquid crystalline systems,” Langmuir, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 3445–3449, 2007.
- T. Imura, Y. Hikosaka, W. Worakitkanchanakul et al., “Aqueous-phase behavior of natural glycolipid biosurfactant mannosylerythritol lipid A: sponge, cubic, and lamellar phases,” Langmuir, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 1659–1663, 2007.
- H. Kawasaki, A. Sasaki, T. Kawashima et al., “Protonation-induced structural change of lyotropic liquid crystals in oley- and alkyldimethylamine oxides/water systems,” Langmuir, vol. 21, no. 13, pp. 5731–5737, 2005.
- V. Percec, D. Tomazos, J. Heck, H. Blackwell, and G. Ungar, “Self-assembly of taper-shaped monoesters of oligo(ethylene oxide) with 3,4,5-tris(n-dodecan-1-yloxy)benzoic acid and of their polymethacrylates into tubular supramolecular architectures displaying a columnar hexagonal mesophase,” Journal of the Chemical Society, Perkin Transactions 2, no. 1, pp. 31–44, 1994.
- M. Lee and B.-K. Cho, “Induction of thermotropic liquid crystalline phases in coil-rod-coil triblock molecules containing poly(propylene oxide) through complexation with LiCF3SO3,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 1894–1903, 1998.
- T. Ohtake, M. Ogasawara, K. Ito-Akita et al., “Liquid-crystalline complexes of mesogenic dimers containing oxyethylene moieties with LiCF3SO3: self-organized ion conductive materials,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 782–789, 2000.
- B. Donnio, “Lyotropic metallomesogens,” Current Opinion in Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 7, no. 5-6, pp. 371–394, 2002.
- H. Kunieda, G. Umizu, and K. Aramaki, “Effect of mixing oils on the hexagonal liquid crystalline structures,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 104, no. 9, pp. 2005–2011, 2000.
- Ö. Dag, A. Verma, G. A. Ozin, and C. T. Kresge, “Salted mesostructures: salt-liquid crystal templating of lithium triflate-oligo(ethylene oxide) surfactant-mesoporous silica nanocomposite films and monoliths,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 1475–1482, 1999.
- P. V. Braun, P. Osenar, and S. I. Stupp, “Semiconducting superlattices templated by molecular assemblies,” Nature, vol. 380, no. 6572, pp. 325–328, 1996.
- G. S. Attard, P. N. Bartlett, N. R. B. Coleman, J. M. Elliott, J. R. Owen, and J. H. Wang, “Mesoporous platinum films from lyotropic liquid crystalline phases,” Science, vol. 278, no. 5339, pp. 838–840, 1997.
- Y. Yamauchi, T. Momma, T. Yokoshima, K. Kuroda, and T. Osaka, “Highly ordered mesostructured Ni particles prepared from lyotropic liquid crystals by electroless deposition: the effect of reducing agents on the ordering of mesostructure,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 15, no. 20, pp. 1987–1994, 2005.
- C. Albayrak, A. M. Soylu, and Ö. Dag, “Lyotropic liquid-crystalline mesophases of [Zn(H2O) 6](NO3)2-C12EO10-CTAB- H2O and [Zn(H2O)6](NO3)2-C12EO10-SDS-H2O systems,” Langmuir, vol. 24, no. 19, pp. 10592–10595, 2008.
- A. Ray, “Micelle formation in pure ethylene glycol,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 91, no. 23, pp. 6511–6512, 1969.
- D. F. Evans, A. Yamauchi, G. J. Wel, and V. A. Bloomfield, “Micelle size in ethylammonium nitrate as determined by classical and quasi-elastic light scattering,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 87, no. 18, pp. 3537–3541, 1983.
- D. F. Evans, E. W. Kaler, and W. J. Benton, “Liquid crystals in a fused salt: β,γ-distearoylphosphotidylcholine in N-ethylammonium nitrate,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 87, no. 4, pp. 533–535, 1983.
- T. A. Bleasdale, G. J. T. Tiddy, and E. Wyn-Jones, “Cubic phase formation in polar nonaqueous solvents,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 95, no. 14, pp. 5385–5386, 1991.
- M. U. Araos and G. G. Warr, “Self-assembly of nonionic surfactants into lyotropic liquid crystals in ethylammonium nitrate, a room-temperature ionic liquid,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 30, pp. 14275–14277, 2005.
- T. L. Greaves, A. Weerawardena, C. Fong, and C. J. Drummond, “Many protic ionic liquids mediate hydrocarbon-solvent interactions and promote amphiphile self-assembly,” Langmuir, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 402–404, 2007.
- T. L. Greaves and C. J. Drummond, “Ionic liquids as amphiphile self-assembly media,” Chemical Society Reviews, vol. 37, no. 8, pp. 1709–1726, 2008.
- T. L. Greaves, A. Weerawardena, I. Krodkiewska, and C. J. Drummond, “Protic ionic liquids: physicochemical properties and behavior as amphiphile self-assembly solvents,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 112, no. 3, pp. 896–905, 2008.
- R. K. Shukla and K. K. Raina, “Observations on lyotropic liquid crystalline behavior of a cationic surfactant and polar solvent in a nonaqueous medium,” International Journal of Modern Physics B, vol. 23, no. 25, pp. 5075–5083, 2009.