- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Condensed Matter Physics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 574979, 6 pages
Compositional Dependence of Structural Properties of Prepared Alloys and Films
1Department of Physics, College of Science, University of Baghdad, P.O. Box 47162, Jadiriya, Baghdad, Iraq
2Department of Applied Physics, College of Sciences, University of Sharjah, P.O Box 27272, Sharjah, UAE
Received 21 May 2011; Revised 15 August 2011; Accepted 22 August 2011
Academic Editor: Rosa Lukaszew
Copyright © 2011 M. F. A. Alias et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Piotrowski, W. Galus, and M. Grudzien, “Review near room-temperature IR photo-detectors,” Infrared Physics, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 1–48, 1991.
- M. R. Kitchin, Theory of semiconductor heterostructures for infrared applications, Ph.D. thesis, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, UK, 1999.
- R. H. Bube, Photoconductivity of Solids, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NU, USA, 1960.
- D. E. Aspnes and M. Cardona, “Electro-optic measurements of PbS, PbSe, and PbTe,” Physical Review, vol. 173, no. 3, pp. 714–728, 1968.
- S. M. Sze, Semiconductor Devices: Physics and Technology, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1986.
- Y. I. Ravich, B. A. Efimova, and I. A. Smirnov, Semiconducting Lead Chalcogenides, Plenum Press, New York, NY USA, 1970.
- F. E. Kruis, K. Nielsch, H. Fissan, B. Rellinghaus, and E. F. Wassermann, “Preparation of size-classified PbS nanoparticles in the gas phase,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 73, no. 4, pp. 547–549, 1998.
- N. N. Greenwood and A. Earnshaw, Chemistry of the Elements, Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford, UK, 2nd edition, 1997.
- M. Bass, E. W. Van Stryland, D. R. Williams, and W. L. Wolfe, Handbook of Optics, vol. 2, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1995.
- P. K. Nair and M. T. S. Nair, “PbS solar control coatings: safety, cost and optimisation,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 150–155, 1990.
- F. W. Wise, “Lead salt quantum dots: the limit of strong quantum confinement,” Accounts of Chemical Research, vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 773–780, 2000.
- M. F. A. Alias, E. M. Al-Fawade, A. A. Alnajjar, and A. A. J. Al-Douri, “Fabrication of photoconductive detectors,” Journal of Pure & Applied Sciences, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 1–24, 2006.
- A. A. J. Al-Douri, M. F. A. Alias, M. N. Makadsi, G. H. Mohammed, and A. A. Alnajjar, “The role of annealing temperature and lead content on optical properties of films,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 517, no. 2, pp. 881–885, 2008.
- C. Kittle, Introduction to Solid State Physics, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 5th edition, 1976.
- L. Eckertová, Physics of Thin Films, Plenum Press, London, UK, 1977.
- C. Kittel, Introduction to Solid State Physics, Wiley Eastern, NewYork, NY, USA, 5th edition, 1995.
- S. B. Qadri, J. P. Yang, E. F. Skelton, and B. R. Ratna, “Evidence of strain and lattice distortion in lead sulfide nanocrystallites,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 70, no. 8, pp. 1020–1021, 1997.
- Ucdavis, “Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, EMS-162(L): The Structure and Characterization of Engineering Materials Laboratory,” 2004.
- American Society for Testing and Materials, X-Ray Diffraction Data Cards, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1984.
- P. Judita, Growth kinetics and properties of lead sulfide thin films deposited on crystalline silicon using successive Ionic layer adsorption and reaction method, Ph.D. thesis, Physical Science, Kaunas University of Technology, Kaunas, Lithuania, 2004.
- I. C. Torriani, M. Tomyiama, S. Bilac, G. B. Rego, J. I. Cisneros, and Z. P. Argüello, “The influence of H2O2 on the crystalline orientation of chemically deposited PbS thin films,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 77, no. 4, pp. 347–350, 1981.
- H. Elabd and A. J. Steckl, “Structural and compositional properties of the PbS-Si heterojunction,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 726–737, 1980.
- T. K. Chaudhuri, H. N. Acharya, and B. B. Nayak, “A dip-dry process for preparing photosensitive films of PbS for thermophotovoltaic applications,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 83, no. 4, pp. L169–L172, 1981.
- J. George, T. I. Palson, and K. S. Joseph, “Polycrystalline films of PbS prepared by reactive evaporation,” Solid State Communications, vol. 58, no. 9, pp. 605–608, 1986.
- M. G. H. Mohammed, Optoelectronic properties of PbxS1-x thin films, M.S. thesis, Baghdad University, Baghdad, Iraq, 2002.