- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Condensed Matter Physics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 910967, 6 pages
The Role of Dopant Concentration on Conductivity and Mobility of CdTe Thin Films
1Applied Physics Department, Sciences College, University of Sharjah, P.O. Box 27272, Sharjah, UAE
2Physics Department, Education College, Al-Mustansirya University, Baghdad, Iraq
3Physics Department, Science College, University of Baghdad, P.O. Box 47162, Jadiriyah, Baghdad, Iraq
Received 16 August 2010; Revised 9 April 2011; Accepted 27 April 2011
Academic Editor: Jörg Fink
Copyright © 2011 Ala J. Al-Douri et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Yu, “Structure of the CdTe/Cd0.959Zn0.041Te, Hg1-xCdxTe/CdTe, CdTe/GaAs heterojunctions,” Journal of Crystal Growth, vol. 205, no. 3, pp. 264–269, 1999.
- V. V. Bogoboyashchii, A. P. Vlasov, and I. I. Izhnin, “Mechanism for conversion of the conductivity type in arsenic-doped p-CdxHg1-xTe subject to ionic etching,” Russian Physics Journal, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 61–70, 2001.
- P. C. Sarmah and A. Rahman, “Current-voltage characteristics of Ag, Al, Ni-(n)CdTe junctions,” Bulletin of Materials Science, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 411–414, 2001.
- C. Polop, I. Mora-Sero, C. Munuera, J. Garcia de Andres, V. Munoz-Sanjose, and C. Ocal, “Twin coarsening in CdTe (111) films grown on GaAs (100),” Acta Materialia, vol. 54, no. 16, pp. 4285–4291, 2006.
- N. Armani, G. Salviati, L. Nasi, A. Bosio, S. Mazzamuto, and N. Romeo, “Role of thermal treatment on the luminescence properties of CdTe thin films for photovoltaic applications,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 515, no. 15, pp. 6184–6187, 2007.
- S. T. Sundari, V. Swaminathan, A. K. Tyagi, and T. Mahalingam, “Microstructural studies of oxygen irradiated CdTe thin films,” Physica Status Solidi (A), vol. 177, no. 2, pp. 495–502, 2000.
- M. Niraula, K. Yasuda, T. Ishiguro, Y. Kawauchi, H. Morishita, and Y. Agata, “Metal-organic vapor-phase epitaxy growth and characterization of thick (100) CdTe layers on (100) GaAs and (100) GaAs/Si substrates,” Journal of Electronic Materials, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 728–732, 2003.
- N. Lovergine, P. Prete, L. Tapfer, F. Marzo, and A. M. Mancini, “Hydrogen transport vapour growth and properties of thick CdTe epilayers for RT X-ray detector applications,” Crystal Research and Technology, vol. 40, no. 10-11, pp. 1018–1022, 2005.
- F. Al-Shakily, Characterization of CdTe/GaAs heterojunction, Ph.D. thesis, University of Baghdad, College of Science, Baghdad, Iraq, 2009.
- N. F. Mott and E. A. Davis, Electronic Processes in Non-Crystalline Materials, Clarendon Press, Oxford, UK, 2nd edition, 1979.
- P. K. Kalita, “Temperature dependence of dc photoconductivity in CdTe thin films,” Pramana, vol. 60, no. 6, pp. 1247–1257, 2003.
- J.-H. Lee, D.-G. Lim, and J.-S. Yi, “Electrical and optical properties of CdTe films prepared by vacuum evaporation with close spacing between source and substrate,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 75, no. 1-2, pp. 235–242, 2003.
- T. L. Chu, “Thin film cadmium telluride solar cells by two chemical vapor deposition techniques,” Solar Cells, vol. 23, no. 1-2, pp. 31–48, 1988.
- M. Niraula, T. Aoki, Y. Nakanishi, and Y. Hatanaka, “Radical assisted metalorganic chemical vapor deposition of CdTe on GaAs and carrier transport mechanism in CdTe/n-GaAs heterojunction,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 83, no. 5, pp. 2656–2661, 1998.
- G. G. Rusu, M. Rusu, E. K. Polychroniadis, and C. Lioutas, “Characterization of CdTe thin films prepared by stacked layer method,” Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 1957–1964, 2005.
- E. M. Nory, Investigation of optical and electrical properties of Se/CdTe heterojunction, Ph.D. thesis, University of Baghdad, College of Science, Baghdad, Iraq, 2008.
- M. B. B. Makadsi, Preparation of CdTe/n-GaAs heterojunction detector by using flash evaporating method, Ph.D. thesis, University of Technology, Al-Rasheed College of Engineering and Science, Baghdad, Iraq, 2006.
- R. A. Abdulah, Study of photovoltaic characteristics of CdS/CdTe heterojunction, M.S. thesis, University of Baghdad, College of Science, Baghdad, Iraq, 2006.
- H. I. Mohammed, Opto-Electronic properties of CdTe: zn thin films, M.S. thesis, University of Baghdad, College of Education/ Ibn Al-Haithem, Baghdad, Iraq, 2008.
- G. G. Rusu, “On the electrical and optical properties of nanocrystalline CdTe thin films,” Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 861–866, 2001.
- A. A. M. Shehab, CdTe solar cells, M.S. thesis, University of Baghdad, College of Science, Baghdad, Iraq, 1985.
- H. Bayhan and Ç. Erçelebi, “Effects of post deposition treatments on vacuum evaporated CdTe thin films and CdS/CdTe heterojunction devices,” Turkish Journal of Physics, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 441–451, 1998.
- Z. A. Al-Shadidi, Study transport mechanism in CdTe thin film, M.S. thesis, University of Baghdad, College of Science, Baghdad, Iraq, 1995.
- M. A. Rasheed, Study of the effect of preparation and thickness parameters on the electrical and optical properties of (CdTe) compound, M.S. thesis, University of Baghdad, College of Science, Baghdad, Iraq, 1993.
- M. F. A. Alias, Optoelectronic study of a-Si-Ge-Al (As): H thin films, Ph.D. thesis, University of Baghdad, College of Science, Baghdad, Iraq, 1998.
- N. M. Megahid, M. M. Wakkad, E. K. H. Shokr, and N. M. Abass, “Microstructure and electrical conductivity of In-doped CdS thin films,” Physica B, vol. 353, no. 3-4, pp. 150–163, 2004.
- W. Huber and A. Lopez-Otero, “The electrical properties of CdTe films grown by hot wall epitaxy,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 21–27, 1979.
- E. Al-Fwadi, M. Alias, and F. Al-Shaikley, “The effect of Cu concentration on some of the electrical properties of CdSe films,” Iraqi Journal of Physics, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 63–70, 2008.