- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Condensed Matter Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 105253, 8 pages
On the Travelling Wave Solution for the Current-Driven Steady Domain Wall Motion in Magnetic Nanostrips under the Influence of Rashba Field
1Department of Matter Physics and Electronic Engineering, University of Messina, V.le F. Stagno D’Alcontres 31, 98166 Messina, Italy
2Department of Science for Engineering and Architecture, University of Messina, Contrada Di Dio, 98166 Messina, Italy
Received 31 March 2012; Revised 17 May 2012; Accepted 19 May 2012
Academic Editor: Roberto Zivieri
Copyright © 2012 Vito Puliafito and Giancarlo Consolo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. C. Slonczewski, “Current-driven excitation of magnetic multilayers,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 159, no. 1-2, pp. L1–L7, 1996.
- L. Berger, “Emission of spin waves by a magnetic multilayer traversed by a current,” Physical Review B, vol. 54, no. 13, pp. 9353–9358, 1996.
- A. N. Slavin and P. Kabos, “Approximate theory of microwave generation in a current-driven magnetic nanocontact magnetized in an arbitrary direction,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 1264–1273, 2005.
- G. Finocchio, O. Ozatay, L. Torres, M. Carpentieri, G. Consolo, and B. Azzerboni, “Micromagnetic modeling of magnetization reversal in nano-scale point contact devices,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 2938–2940, 2007.
- G. Consolo and V. Puliafito, “Analytical and micromagnetic study of nonlinear amplitude modulation in spintronic modulators,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 46, no. 6, Article ID 5467373, pp. 2063–2066, 2010.
- X. Zhu and J. G. Zhu, “Bias-field-free microwave oscillator driven by perpendicularly polarized spin current,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 42, pp. 2670–2672, 2006.
- V. Puliafito, B. Azzerboni, G. Consolo, G. Finocchio, L. Torres, and L. L. Diaz, “Micromagnetic modeling of nanocontact spin-torque oscillators with perpendicular anisotropy at zero bias field,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 44, no. 11, pp. 2512–2515, 2008.
- N. Vernier, D. A. Allwood, D. Atkinson, M. D. Cooke, and R. P. Cowburn, “Domain wall propagation in magnetic nanowires by spin-polarized current injection,” Europhysics Letters, vol. 65, no. 4, pp. 526–532, 2004.
- D. A. Allwood, G. Xiong, C. C. Faulkner, D. Atkinson, D. Petit, and R. P. Cowburn, “Magnetic domain-wall logic,” Science, vol. 309, no. 5741, pp. 1688–1692, 2005.
- A. Thiaville, Y. Nakatani, J. Miltat, and Y. Suzuki, “Micromagnetic understanding of current-driven domain wall motion in patterned nanowires,” Europhysics Letters, vol. 69, no. 6, pp. 990–996, 2005.
- A. Mougin, M. Cormier, J. P. Adam, P. J. Metaxas, and J. Ferré, “Domain wall mobility, stability and Walker breakdown in magnetic nanowires,” Europhysics Letters, vol. 78, no. 5, Article ID 57007, 2007.
- A. Manchon and S. Zhang, “Theory of spin torque due to spin-orbit coupling,” Physical Review B - Condensed Matter and Materials Physics, vol. 79, no. 9, Article ID 094422, 2009.
- K. Obata and G. Tatara, “Current-induced domain wall motion in Rashba spin-orbit system,” Physical Review B, vol. 77, no. 21, Article ID 214429, 2008.
- I. M. Miron, G. Gaudin, S. Auffret et al., “Current-driven spin torque induced by the Rashba effect in a ferromagnetic metal layer,” Nature Materials, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 230–234, 2010.
- I. M. Miron, T. Moore, H. Szambolics et al., “Fast current-induced domain-wall motion controlled by the Rashba effect,” Nature Materials, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 419–423, 2011.
- J. Ryu, S. B. Choe, and H. W. Lee, “Magnetic domain-wall motion in a nanowire: depinning and creep,” Physical Review B, vol. 84, Article ID 075469, 2011.
- E. Martinez, “The influence of the Rashba field on the current-induced domain wall dynamics: a full micromagnetic analysis, including surface roughness and thermal effects,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 111, Article ID 07D302, 2012.
- E. Martinez, “Micromagnetic analysis of the Rashba field on current-induced domain wall propagation,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 111, Article ID 033901, 2012.
- P. Podio-Guidugli and G. Tomassetti, “On the steady motions of a flat domain wall in a ferromagnet,” European Physical Journal B, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 191–198, 2002.
- G. Consolo, C. Currò, E. Martinez, and G. Valenti, “Mathematical modeling and numerical simulation of domain wall motion in magnetic nanostrips with crystallographic defects,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 36, no. 10, pp. 4876–4886, 2012.
- G. Consolo and E. Martinez, “The effect of dry friction on domain wall dynamics: a micromagnetic study,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 111, Article ID 07D312, 3 pages, 2012.
- G. Consolo and G. Valenti, “Travelling wave solutions of the one-dimensional extended Landau-Lifshitz-Gilbert equation with nonlinear dry and viscous dissipations,” Acta Applicandae Mathematicae, 2012.
- L. D. Landau and E. Lifshitz, “On the theory of the dispersion of magnetic permeability in ferromagnetic bodies,” Physikalische Zeitschrift der Sowietunion, vol. 8, pp. 153–169, 1935.
- W. F. Brown, Micromagnetics, Krieger, Huntington, NY, USA, 1963.