- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Condensed Matter Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 161387, 6 pages
Spin-Wave Band Structure in 2D Magnonic Crystals with Elliptically Shaped Scattering Centres
Nanomaterials Physics Division, Faculty of Physics, Adam Mickiewicz University, 61-614 Poznań, Poland
Received 2 February 2012; Accepted 2 March 2012
Academic Editor: Roberto Zivieri
Copyright © 2012 Sławomir Mamica et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. V. Chumak, A. A. Serga, B. Hillebrands, and M. P. Kostylev, “Scattering of backward spin waves in a one-dimensional magnonic crystal,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 93, no. 2, Article ID 022508, 2008.
- Z. K. Wang, V. L. Zhang, H. S. Lim et al., “Observation of frequency band gaps in a one-dimensional nanostructured magnonic crystal,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 94, no. 8, Article ID 083112, 2009.
- S. L. Vysotskii, S. A. Nikitov, E. S. Pavlov, and Y. A. Filimonov, “The spectrum of the spin-wave excitations of the tangentially magnetized 2D hexagonal ferrite magnonic crystal,” Journal of Communications Technology and Electronics, vol. 55, no. 7, pp. 800–809, 2010.
- S. Neusser, G. Duerr, H. G. Bauer et al., “Anisotropic propagation and damping of spin waves in a nanopatterned antidot lattice,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 105, no. 6, Article ID 067208, 2010.
- Y. Cao, G. Yun, X. Liang, and N. Bai, “Band structures of two-dimensional magnonic crystals with different shapes and arrangements of scatterers,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 43, no. 30, Article ID 305005, 2010.
- J. W. Kłos, M. Krawczyk, and M. Sokolovskyy, “Bulk and edge modes in two-dimensional magnonic crystal slab,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 109, no. 7, Article ID 07D311, 2011.
- R. Zivieri, S. Tacchi, F. Montoncello, et al., “Bragg diffraction of spin waves from a two-dimensional antidot lattice,” Physical Review B, vol. 85, no. 1, Article ID 012403, pp. 1–6, 2012.
- S. A. Nikitov, P. Tailhades, and C. S. Tsai, “Spin waves in periodic magnetic structures—magnonic crystals,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 236, no. 3, pp. 320–330, 2001.
- M. Krawczyk and H. Puszkarski, “Magnonic excitations versus three-dimensional structural periodicity in magnetic composites,” Crystal Research and Technology, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 547–552, 2006.
- S. Neusser, H. G. Bauer, G. Duerr, et al., “Tunable metamaterial response of a Ni80Fe20 antidot lattice for spin waves,” Physical Review B, vol. 84, no. 18, Article ID 184411, 2011.
- S. Tacchi, F. Montoncello, M. Madami, et al., “Band diagram of spinwaves in a two-dimensional magnonic crystal,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 107, no. 12, Article ID 127204, pp. 1–5, 2011.
- J. Topp, D. Heitmann, M. P. Kostylev, and D. Grundler, “Making a reconfigurable artificial crystal by ordering bistable magnetic nanowires,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 104, no. 20, Article ID 207205, 2010.
- S. Tacchi, M. Madami, G. Gubbiotti et al., “Analysis of collective spin-wave modes at different points within the hysteresis loop of a one-dimensional magnonic crystal comprising alternative-width nanostripes,” Physical Review B, vol. 82, no. 18, Article ID 184408, 2010.
- S. Tacchi, M. Madami, G. Gubbiotti et al., “Anisotropic dynamical coupling for propagating collective modes in a two-dimensional magnonic crystal consisting of interacting squared nanodots,” Physical Review B, vol. 82, no. 2, Article ID 024401, 2010.
- G. Duerr, M. Madami, S. Neusser, et al., “Spatial control of spin-wave modes in Ni80Fe20 antidot lattices by embedded Co nanodisks,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 99, no. 20, Article ID 202502, 2011.
- S. Neusser, G. Duerr, S. Tacchi, et al., “Magnonic minibands in antidot lattices with large spin-wave propagation velocities,” Physical Review B, vol. 84, no. 9, Article ID 094454, pp. 1–9, 2011.
- V. V. Kruglyak, S. O. Demokritov, and D. Grundler, “Magnonics,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 43, no. 26, Article ID 264001, 2010.
- S. Neusser and D. Grundler, “Magnonics: spin waves on the nanoscale,” Advanced Materials, vol. 21, no. 28, pp. 2927–2932, 2009.
- S. Choi, K. S. Lee, K. Y. Guslienko, and S. K. Kim, “Strong radiation of spin waves by core reversal of a magnetic vortex and their wave behaviors in magnetic nanowire waveguides,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 98, no. 8, Article ID 087205, 2007.
- A. B. Ustinov, A. V. Drozdovskii, and B. A. Kalinikos, “Multifunctional nonlinear magnonic devices for microwave signal processing,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 96, no. 14, Article ID 142513, 2010.
- F. S. Ma, H. S. Lim, Z. K. Wang, S. N. Piramanayagam, S. C. Ng, and M. H. Kuok, “Micromagnetic study of spin wave propagation in bicomponent magnonic crystal waveguides,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 98, no. 15, Article ID 153107, 2011.
- H. T. Nembach, J. M. Shaw, T. J. Silva et al., “Effects of shape distortions and imperfections on mode frequencies and collective linewidths in nanomagnets,” Physical Review B, vol. 83, no. 9, Article ID 094427, 2011.
- S. Mamica and M. Krawczyk, “Tuning of the spin-wave band structure in 2d magnetic composites,” in Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Composite Materials, P4-34, Jeju Island, Rpublic of Korea, 2011.
- M. Krawczyk, J. Klos, M. L. Sokolovskyy, and S. Mamica, “Materials optimization of the magnonic gap in three-dimensional magnonic crystals with spheres in hexagonal structure,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 108, no. 9, Article ID 093909, 2010.
- C. A. F. Vaz, J. A. C. Bland, and G. Lauhoff, “Magnetism in ultrathin film structures,” Reports on Progress in Physics, vol. 71, no. 5, Article ID 056501, 2008.
- V. S. Tkachenko, V. V. Kruglyak, and A. N. Kuchko, “Spectrum and reflection of spin waves in magnonic crystals with different interface profiles,” Physical Review B, vol. 81, no. 2, Article ID 024425, 2010.
- M. Krawczyk, “Magnetostatic waves in one-dimensional magnonic crystals with magnetic and nonmagnetic components,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 44, no. 11, pp. 2854–2857, 2008.
- J. O. Vasseur, L. Dobrzynski, B. Djafari-Rouhani, and H. Puszkarski, “Magnon band structure of periodic composites,” Physical Review B, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 1043–1049, 1996.
- M. Krawczyk and H. Puszkarski, “Plane-wave theory of three-dimensional magnonic crystals,” Physical Review B, vol. 77, no. 5, Article ID 054437, 2008.