- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Condensed Matter Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 313947, 8 pages
Nonlocal Electron-Phonon Interaction as a Source of Dynamic Charge Stripes in the Cuprates
Institut für Festkörpertheorie, Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität, Wilhelm-Klemm-Straße 10, 48149 Münster, Germany
Received 14 March 2012; Accepted 20 September 2012
Academic Editor: Jörg Fink
Copyright © 2012 Claus Falter and Thomas Bauer. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Falter, T. Bauer, and F. Schnetgöke, “Modeling the electronic state of the high- Tc superconductor LaCuO: phonon dynamics and charge response,” Physical Review B, vol. 73, no. 22, Article ID 224502, 2006.
- T. Bauer and C. Falter, “Microscopic modeling of phonon dynamics and charge response in NdCuO,” Physical Review B, vol. 77, no. 14, Article ID 144503, 21 pages, 2008.
- A. Svane, “Electronic structure of La2CuO4 in the self-interaction-corrected density-functional formalism,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 68, no. 12, pp. 1900–1903, 1992.
- M. Vojta, “Stripes and electronic quasiparticles in the pseudogap state of cuprate superconductors,” Physica C, vol. 481, pp. 178–188, 2012.
- Y. Kohsaka, C. Taylor, K. Fujita et al., “An intrinsic bond-centered electronic glass with unidirectional domains in underdoped cuprates,” Science, vol. 315, no. 5817, pp. 1380–1385, 2007.
- L. Pintschovius, “Electron-phonon coupling effects explored by inelastic neutron scattering,” Physica Status Solidi B, vol. 242, no. 1, pp. 30–50, 2005.
- H. Uchiyama, A. Q. R. Baron, S. Tsutsui et al., “Softening of Cu-O bond stretching phonons in tetragonal HgBa2CuO4+δ,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 92, no. 19, pp. 197005–1, 2004.
- J. Graf, M. D'Astuto, C. Jozwiak et al., “Bond stretching phonon softening and kinks in the angle-resolved photoemission spectra of optimally doped Bi2Sr1.6La0.4Cu2O6+δ superconductors,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 100, no. 22, Article ID 227002, 2008.
- L. Pintschovius and W. Reichhardt, “Neutron scattering in layered copper-oxide superconductors,” in Physics and Chemistry of Materials With Low Dimensional Structures, A. Furrer, Ed., vol. 20, Kluwer Academic Publisher, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1998.
- L. Pintschovius and M. Braden, “Anomalous dispersion of LO phonons in La1.85Sr0.15CuO4,” Physical Review B, vol. 60, no. 22, pp. R15039–R15042, 1999.
- W. Reichardt, “Cu-O bond-stretching vibrations in YBa2Cu3O7 studied by inelastic neutron scattering,” Journal of Low Temperature Physics, vol. 105, no. 3-4, pp. 807–812, 1996.
- T. Fukuda, J. Mizuki, K. Ikeuchi, K. Yamada, A. Q. R. Baron, and S. Tsutsui, “Doping dependence of softening in the bond-stretching phonon mode of La2−xSrxCuO4 (0 ≤ x ≤ 0.29),” Physical Review B, vol. 71, no. 6, Article ID 060501, 2005.
- L. Pintschovius, D. Reznik, and K. Yamada, “Oxygen phonon branches in overdoped La1.7Sr0.3Cu3O4,” Physical Review B, vol. 74, no. 17, Article ID 174514, 2006.
- R. J. McQueeney, J. L. Sarrao, P. G. Pagliuso, P. W. Stephens, and R. Osborn, “Mixed lattice and electronic states in high-temperature superconductors,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 87, no. 7, Article ID 077001, 4 pages, 2001.
- M. D'Astuto, P. K. Mang, P. Giura et al., “Anomalous dispersion of longitudinal optical phonons in Nd1.86Ce0.14CuO4+δ determined by inelastic X-ray scattering,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 88, no. 16, Article ID 167002, 4 pages, 2002.
- M. D'Astuto, P. K. Mang, P. Giura et al., “Electron-phonon interaction in N-doped cuprates: an inelastic x-ray scattering study,” International Journal of Modern Physics B, vol. 17, no. 4-6 I, pp. 484–492, 2003.
- M. Braden, L. Pintschovius, T. Uefuji, and K. Yamada, “Dispersion of the high-energy phonon modes in Nd1.85Ce0.15CuO4,” Physical Review B, vol. 72, Article ID 184517, 10 pages, 2005.
- T. Bauer and C. Falter, “Dynamic charge inhomogeneity in cuprate superconductors,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 22, no. 14, Article ID 142201, 2010.
- T. Bauer and C. Falter, “Impact of dynamical screening on the phonon dynamics of metallic La2CuO4,” Physical Review B, vol. 80, no. 9, Article ID 094525, 2009.
- C. Falter, “Phonons, electronic charge response and electron-phonon interaction in the high-temperature superconductors,” Physica Status Solidi B, vol. 242, no. 1, pp. 78–117, 2005.
- M. Hücker, M. V. Zimmermann, G. D. Gu, et al., “Stripe order in superconducting La2−xBaxCuO4 (0.095 ≤ x ≤ 0.155),” Physical Review B, vol. 83, Article ID 104506, 16 pages, 2011.
- T. Wu, H. Mayaffre, S. Krämer et al., “Magnetic-field-induced charge-stripe order in the high-temperature superconductor YBa2Cu3Oy,” Nature, vol. 477, no. 7363, pp. 191–194, 2011.
- D. LeBoeuf, N. Doiron-Leyraud, B. Vignolle, et al., “Lifshitz critical point in the cuprate superconductor YBa2Cu3Oy from high-field Hall effect measurements,” Physical Review B, vol. 83, Article ID 054506, p. 14, 2011.
- Y. Sakurai, M. Itou, B. Barbiellini et al., “Imaging doped holes in a cuprate superconductor with high-resolution compton scattering,” Science, vol. 332, no. 6030, pp. 698–702, 2011.
- N. Harrison and S. E. Sebastian, “Protected nodal electron pocket from multiple-Q ordering in underdoped high temperature superconductors,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 106, no. 22, Article ID 226402, 2011.
- H. Yao, D.-H. Lee, and S. Kivelson, “Fermi-surface reconstruction in a smectic phase of a high-temperature superconductor,” Physical Review B, vol. 84, no. 1, Article ID 012507, 2011.