- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Condensed Matter Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 323165, 12 pages
Broadband/Wideband Magnetoelectric Response
Center for Energy Harvesting Materials and Systems (CEHMS), Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
Received 19 September 2011; Accepted 26 December 2011
Academic Editor: Amar Bhalla
Copyright © 2012 Chee-Sung Park and Shashank Priya. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. A. Spaldin and M. Fiebig, “The renaissance of magnetoelectric multiferroics,” Science, vol. 309, no. 5733, pp. 391–392, 2005.
- Y. Lin, N. Cai, J. Zhai, G. Liu, and C. W. Nan, “Giant magnetoelectric effect in multiferroic laminated composites,” Physical Review B, vol. 72, no. 1, Article ID 012405, 4 pages, 2005.
- D. V. Chashin, Y. K. Fetisov, K. E. Kamentsev, and G. Srinivasan, “Resonance magnetoelectric interactions due to bending modes in a nickel-lead zirconate titanate bilayer,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 92, no. 10, Article ID 102511, 2008.
- J. Ryu, A. V. Carazo, K. Uchino, and H. E. Kim, “Piezoelectric and magnetoelectric properties of lead zirconate titanate/Ni-ferrite particulate composites,” Journal of Electroceramics, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 17–24, 2001.
- M. Avellaneda and G. Harshe, “Magnetoelectric effect in piezoelectric/magnetostrictive multilayer (2-2) composites,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 501–513, 1994.
- G. Srinivasan, E. T. Rasmussen, B. J. Levin, and R. Hayes, “Magnetoelectric effects in bilayers and multilayers of magnetostrictive and piezoelectric perovskite oxides,” Physical Review B, vol. 65, no. 13, Article ID 134402, 7 pages, 2002.
- J. Ryu, S. Priya, A. Vázquez Carazo, K. Uchino, and H. E. Kim, “Effect of the magnetostrictive layer on magnetoelectric properties in lead zirconate titanate/Terfenol-D laminate composites,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 84, no. 3–12, pp. 2905–2908, 2001.
- S. Dong, J. F. Li, and D. Viehland, “Characterization of magnetoelectric laminate composites operated in longitudinal-transverse and transverse-transverse modes,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 95, no. 5, pp. 2625–2630, 2004.
- S. Dong, J. Zhai, J. Li, and D. Viehland, “Near-ideal magnetoelectricity in high-permeability magnetostrictive/ piezofiber laminates with a (2-1) connectivity,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, no. 25, Article ID 252904, 2006.
- R. A. Islam and S. Priya, “Large magnetoelectric coefficient in Co-fired Pb (Zr0.52Ti0.48)O3-Pb (Zn1/3Nb2/3)O3-Ni0.6Cu0.2Zn0.2Fe2O4 trilayer magnetoelectric composites,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 2072–2076, 2008.
- C. S. Park, C. W. Ahn, J. Ryu et al., “Design and characterization of broadband magnetoelectric sensor,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 105, no. 9, Article ID 094111, 2009.
- C. S. Park, C. W. Ahn, S. C. Yang, and S. Priya, “Dimensionally gradient magnetoelectric bimorph structure exhibiting wide frequency and magnetic dc bias operating range,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 106, no. 11, Article ID 114101, 2009.
- S. Dong, J. F. Li, and D. Viehland, “Longitudinal and transverse magnetoelectric voltage coefficients of magnetostrictive/piezoelectric laminate composite: theory,” IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, vol. 50, no. 10, pp. 1253–1261, 2003.
- S. Dong, J. Cheng, J. F. Li, and D. Viehland, “Enhanced magnetoelectric effects in laminate composites of Terfenol-D/Pb(Zr,Ti)O3 under resonant drive,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 83, no. 23, pp. 4812–4814, 2003.
- S. Dong, J. F. Li, and D. Viehland, “Magnetoelectric coupling, efficiency, and voltage gain effect in piezoelectric-piezomagnetic laminate composites,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 97–106, 2006.
- C. M. Chang and G. P. Carman, “Modeling shear lag and demagnetization effects in magneto-electric laminate composites,” Physical Review B, vol. 76, no. 13, Article ID 134116, 2007.
- M. I. Bichurin, D. A. Filippov, V. M. Petrov, V. M. Laletsin, N. Paddubnaya, and G. Srinivasan, “Resonance magnetoelectric effects in layered magnetostrictive-piezoelectric composites,” Physical Review B, vol. 68, no. 13, Article ID 132408, 4 pages, 2003.
- Y. X. Liu, J. G. Wan, J. M. Liu, and C. W. Nan, “Numerical modeling of magnetoelectric effect in a composite structure,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 94, no. 8, pp. 5111–5117, 2003.
- H. Yu, M. Zeng, Y. Wang, J. G. Wan, and J. M. Liu, “Magnetoelectric resonance-bandwidth broadening of Terfenol-D/epoxy- Pb (Zr,Ti)O3 bilayers in parallel and series connections,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 86, no. 3, Article ID 032508, 3 pages, 2005.
- M.G. Muriuki, An investigation into the design and control of tunable piezoelectric resonators, Ph.D. dissertation, University of Pittsburgh, 2004.
- D. Charnegie, Frequency tuning concepts for piezoelectric cantilever beams and plates for energy harvesting, M.S. thesis, University of Pittsburgh, 2005.
- H. Xue, Y. Hu, and Q. M. Wang, “Broadband piezoelectric energy harvesting devices using multiple bimorphs with different operating frequencies,” IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, vol. 55, no. 9, pp. 2104–2108, 2008.