- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Condensed Matter Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 348254, 5 pages
Electronic Structure of Hydrogenated and Surface-Modified GaAs Nanocrystals: Ab Initio Calculations
1Physics Department, College of Science, University of Babylon, Babylon, Iraq
2Directorate of materials research, Ministry of Science and Technology, Baghdad, Iraq
Received 9 October 2012; Revised 19 November 2012; Accepted 9 December 2012
Academic Editor: R. N. P. Choudhary
Copyright © 2012 Hamsa Naji Nasir et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. M. Sze and K. K. Ng, Physics of Semiconductor Devices, John Wiley & Sons, 3rd edition, 2007.
- J. Perrière, E. Millon, M. Chamarro, M. Morcrette, and C. Andreazza, “Formation of GaAs nanocrystals by laser ablation,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 78, no. 19, pp. 2949–2951, 2001.
- J. Jiang, B. Gao, T. T. Han, and Y. Fu, “Ab initio study of energy band structures of GaAs nanoclusters,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 94, no. 9, Article ID 092110, 2009.
- S. Okamoto, Y. Kanemitsu, K. S. Min, and H. A. Atwater, “Photoluminescence from GaAs nanocrystals fabricated by Ga+ and As+ co-implantation into SiO2 matrices,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 73, no. 13, pp. 1829–1831, 1998.
- J. B. Foresman and A. E. Frisch, Exploring Chemistry with Electronic Structure Methods: A Guide to Using Gaussian, Gaussian, 2nd edition, 1996.
- M. J. Frisch, G. W. Trucks, and H. B. Schlegel, Gaussian 03, Revision B.01, Gaussian, Pittsburgh, Pa, USA, 2003.
- M. A. Abdulsattar, “SiGe superlattice nanocrystal pure and doped with substitutional phosphorus single atom: density functional theory study,” Superlattices and Microstructures, vol. 50, p. 377, 2011.
- A. H. Harker and F. P. Larkins, “A large unit cell semiempirical molecular orbital approach to the properties of solids. I. General theory,” Journal of Physics C, vol. 12, no. 13, article 013, pp. 2487–2495, 1979.
- I. O. Radi, M. A. Abdulsattar, and A. M. Abdui-Lettif, “Semiempirical LUC-INDO calculations on the effect of pressure on the electronic structure of diamond,” Physica Status Solidi B, vol. 244, no. 4, pp. 1304–1317, 2007.
- N. H. Aysa, M. A. Abdulsattar, and A. M. Abdul-Lettif, “Electronic structure of germanium nanocrystals core and (001)-(1×1) oxidised surface,” Micro and Nano Letters, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 137–140, 2011.
- M. A. Abdulsattar, “Mesoscopic fluctuations of electronic structure properties of boron phosphide nanocrystals,” Electronic Materials Letters, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 97–101, 2010.
- M. A. Abdulsattar and K. H. Al-Bayati, “Corrections and parametrization of semiempirical large unit cell method for covalent semiconductors,” Physical Review B, vol. 75, no. 24, Article ID 245201, 2007.
- M. A. Abdulsattar, “Size effects of semiempirical large unit cell method in comparison with nanoclusters properties of diamond-structured covalent semiconductors,” Physica E, vol. 41, no. 9, pp. 1679–1688, 2009.
- H. M. Abduljalil, M. A. Abdulsattar, and S. R. Al-Mansoury, “SiGe nanocrystals core and surface electronic structure from Ab initio large unit cell calculations,” Micro & Nano Letters, vol. 6, p. 386, 2011.
- C. Kittel, Introduction to Solid State Physics, John Wiley & Sons, 7th edition, 1996.
- S. J. Sque, R. Jones, and P. R. Briddon, “Structure, electronics, and interaction of hydrogen and oxygen on diamond surfaces,” Physical Review B, vol. 73, no. 8, pp. 1–15, 2006.
- M. A. Abdulsattar, “Ab initio large unit cell calculations of the electronic structure of diamond nanocrystals,” Solid State Sciences, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 843–849, 2011.
- H. Gang and S. Zhaoqi, High-k Gate Dielectrics for CMOS Technology, chapter 13, John Wiley & Sons, 2012.
- H. R. Jappor, Z. A. Saleh, and M. A. Abdulsattar, “Simulation of electronic structure of aluminum phosphide nanocrystals using ab initio large unit cell method,” Advances in Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 180679, 6 pages, 2012.
- C. Wen, Z. H. Jin, X. X. Liu et al., “Studies on nano-diamond prepared by explosive detonation by Raman and infrared spectroscopy,” Spectroscopy and Spectral Analysis, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 681–684, 2005.