- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Condensed Matter Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 364376, 8 pages
Bipolar Resistive Switching Characteristic of Epitaxial NiO Thin Film on Nb-Doped Substrate
1School of Physics and Technology and Key Laboratory of Artificial Micro/Nano Structures of the Ministry of Education, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, China
2School of Information Engineering, Hubei University for Nationalities, Enshi, Hubei 445000, China
Received 22 May 2012; Accepted 31 July 2012
Academic Editor: A. Alexandrov
Copyright © 2012 Yongdan Zhu and Meiya Li. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Sawa, “Resistive switching in transition metal oxides,” Materials Today, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 28–36, 2008.
- R. Waser, R. Dittmann, C. Staikov, and K. Szot, “Redox-based resistive switching memories nanoionic mechanisms, prospects, and challenges,” Advanced Materials, vol. 21, no. 25-26, pp. 2632–2663, 2009.
- S. Seo, M. J. Lee, D. H. Seo et al., “Reproducible resistance switching in polycrystalline NiO films,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 85, no. 23, pp. 5655–5657, 2004.
- M. Kawai, K. Ito, and Y. Shimakawa, “Resistance switching in a single-crystalline NiO thin film grown on a Pt0.8Ir0.2 electrode,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 95, no. 1, Article ID 012109, 3 pages, 2009.
- J. S. Choi, J. S. Kim, I. R. Hwang et al., “Different resistance switching behaviors of NiO thin films deposited on Pt and SrRuO3 electrodes,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 95, no. 2, Article ID 022109, 3 pages, 2009.
- F. Kurnia, H. Hadiyawarman, C. U. Jung et al., “Effect of NiO growth conditions on the bipolar resistance memory switching of Pt/NiO/SRO structure,” Journal of the Korean Physical Society, vol. 57, no. 61, pp. 1856–1861, 2010.
- S. H. Chang, J. S. Lee, S. C. Chae et al., “Occurrence of both unipolar memory and threshold resistance switching in a NiO film,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 102, no. 2, Article ID 026801, 4 pages, 2009.
- C. B. Lee, B. S. Kang, A. Benayad, et al., “Effects of metal electrodes on the resistive memory switching property of NiO thin films,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 93, no. 4, Article ID 042115, 3 pages, 2008.
- S. H. Phark, R. Jung, Y. J. Chang, T. W. Noh, and D. W. Kim, “Interfacial reactions and resistive switching behaviors of metal/NiO/metal structures,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 94, no. 2, Article ID 022906, 3 pages, 2009.
- J. Sullaphen, K. Bogle, X. Cheng, et al., “Interface mediated resistive switching in epitaxial NiO nanostructures,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 100, no. 20, Article ID 203115, 5 pages, 2012.
- S. X. Wu, L. M. Xu, X. J. Xing et al., “Reverse-bias-induced bipolar resistance switching in PtTiO2 SrTi0.99Nb0.01O3/Pt devices,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 93, no. 4, Article ID 043502, 3 pages, 2008.
- S. X. Wu, H. Y. Peng, and T. Wu, “Concurrent nonvolatile resistance and capacitance switching in LaAlO3,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 98, no. 9, Article ID 093503, 3 pages, 2011.
- J. J. Yang, M. D. Pickett, X. Li, D. A. A. Ohlberg, D. R. Stewart, and R. S. Williams, “Memristive switching mechanism for metal/oxide/metal nanodevices,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 3, no. 7, pp. 429–433, 2008.
- H. Y. Peng, G. P. Li, J. Y. Ye, et al., “Electrode dependence of resistive switching in Mn-doped ZnO: filamentary versus interfacial mechanisms,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 96, no. 19, Article ID 192113, 3 pages, 2010.
- M. C. Wu, Y. W. Lin, W. Y. Jang, C. H. Lin, and T. Y. Tseng, “Low-power and highly reliable multilevel operation in ZrO2 1T1R RRAM,” IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 1026–1028, 2011.
- S. L. Li, D. S. Shang, J. Li, J. L. Gang, and D. N. Zheng, “Resistive switching properties in oxygen-deficient Pr0.7Ca0.3MnO3 junctions with active Al top electrodes,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 105, no. 3, Article ID 033710, 2009.
- M. C. Ni, S. M. Guo, H. F. Tian, et al., “Resistive switching effect in /Nb-doped heterojunction,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 91, no. 18, Article ID 183502, 3 pages, 2007.
- M. H. Lin, M. C. Wu, C. H. Lin, and T. Y. Tseng, “Resistive switching characteristics and mechanisms of Pt-embedded SrZrO3 memory devices,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 107, no. 12, Article ID 124117, 4 pages, 2010.
- H. F. Tian, Y. G. Zhao, X. L. Jiang, J. P. Shi, H. J. Zhang, and J. R. Sun, “Resistance switching effect in LaAlO3/Nb-doped heterostructure,” Applied Physics A, vol. 102, no. 4, pp. 939–942, 2011.
- Y. Chen, L. Chen, G. Lian, and G. Xiong, “Resistance and superconductivity switching caused by carrier injection: evidences of self-trapping carriers in oxide electronics,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 106, no. 2, Article ID 023708, 7 pages, 2009.
- Y. S. Chen, L. P. Chen, G. J. Lian, and G. C. Xiong, “Resistance switching characteristic and charge carrier self-trapping in epitaxial Pr0.7(Ca1-xSrx)0.3MnO3 thin films,” Chinese Physics Letters, vol. 26, no. 3, Article ID 037201, 2009.
- S. E. Savel'ev, A. S. Alexandrov, A. M. Bratkovsky, and R. S. Williams, “Molecular dynamics simulations of oxide memristors: thermal effects,” Applied Physics A, vol. 102, no. 4, pp. 891–895, 2011.
- S. E. Savel’ev, A. S. Alexandrov, A. M. Bratkovsky, et al., “Molecular dynamics simulations of oxide memristors: crystal field effects,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 99, no. 5, Article ID 053108, 3 pages, 2011.
- S. E. Savel'Ev, A. S. Alexandrov, A. M. Bratkovsky, and R. Stanley Williams, “Molecular dynamics simulations of oxide memory resistors (memristors),” Nanotechnology, vol. 22, no. 25, Article ID 254011, 2011.
- D. S. Jeong, R. Thomas, R. S. Katiyar, et al., “Emerging memories: resistive switching mechanisms and current status,” Reports on Progress in Physics, vol. 75, no. 7, Article ID 076502, 2012.
- H. Shima, F. Takano, H. Akinaga, Y. Tamai, I. H. Inoue, and H. Takagi, “Resistance switching in the metal deficient-type oxides: NiO and CoO,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 91, no. 1, Article ID 012901, p. 3, 2007.
- Y. S. Chen, B. Chen, B. Gao et al., “Anticrosstalk characteristics correlated with the set process for α -Fe2O3/Nb- stack-based resistive switching device,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 97, no. 26, Article ID 262112, 3 pages, 2010.
- X. T. Zhang, Q. X. Yu, Y. P. Yao, et al., “Ultrafast resistive switching in :Nb single crystal,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 97, no. 22, Article ID 222117, 3 pages, 2010.