- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Condensed Matter Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 439617, 10 pages
Analysis of Erbium and Vanadium Diffusion in Porous Silicon Carbide
1Ioffe Physical-Technical Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 26 Polytechnicheskaya Street St., Petersburg 194021, Russia
2Mathematical Department, Faculty of Radiophysics, Nizhny Novgorod State University, 65 Il’insky Street, Nizhny Novgorod 603950, Russia
Received 5 March 2012; Revised 1 June 2012; Accepted 15 June 2012
Academic Editor: Jörg Fink
Copyright © 2012 Marina G. Mynbaeva et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. V. Bolotnikov, P. G. Muzykov, and T. S. Sudarshan, “Investigation of two-branch boron diffusion from vapor phase in n-type 4H-SiC,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 93, no. 5, Article ID 052101, 3 pages, 2008.
- A. V. Bolotnikov, P. G. Muzykov, A. E. Grekov, and T. S. Sudarshan, “Improvement of 4H-SiC power p-i-n diode switching performance through local lifetime control using boron diffusion,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 1540–1544, 2007.
- E. Friedland, J. B. Malherbe, N. G. van der Berg et al., “Study of silver diffusion in silicon carbide,” Journal of Nuclear Materials, vol. 389, no. 2, pp. 326–331, 2009.
- A. Y. Vodakov and E. N. Mokhov, “Diffusion and solubility of impurities in silicon carbide,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Silicon Carbide 1973, R. C. Marshall, J. W. Faust Jr., and C. E. Ryan, Eds., pp. 508–520, South Carolina University Press, Florida, Fla, USA, 1974.
- A. Y. Vodakov and E. N. Mokhov, “Point defects in silicon carbide,” Institute of Physics Conference Series, vol. 137, pp. 197–206, 1994.
- Y. Gao, S. I. Soloviev, and T. S. Sudarshan, “Planar 4H- and 6H-SiC p-n diodes fabricated by selective diffusion of boron,” Solid-State Electronics, vol. 45, no. 12, pp. 1987–1990, 2001.
- M. G. Mynbaeva, K. D. Mynbaev, V. A. Ivantsov, A. A. Lavrent'ev, B. A. Grayson, and J. T. Wolan, “Semi-insulating porous SiC substrates,” Semiconductor Science and Technology, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 602–606, 2003.
- R. Rurali, E. Hernández, P. Godignon, J. Rebollo, and P. Ordejón, “First-principles studies of the diffusion of B impurities and vacancies in SiC,” Physical Review B, vol. 69, no. 12, Article ID 125203, 2004.
- R. M. Feenstra and C. E. C. Wood, Eds., Porous Silicon Carbide and Gallium Nitride: Epitaxy, Catalysis, and Biotechnology Applications, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, UK, 2008.
- M. G. Mynbaeva and K. D. Mynbaev, “Technological Applications of Porous SiC,” in Nanocrystals and Quantum Dots of Group IV Semiconductors, T. V. Torchinska and V. Yu. Vorobiev, Eds., pp. 255–276, American Scientific, New York, NY, USA, 2010.
- M. G. Mynbaeva, D. A. Bauman, and K. D. Mynbaev, “On the role of vacancies in pore formation in the course of anodizing of silicon carbide,” Physics of the Solid State, vol. 47, no. 9, pp. 1630–1636, 2005.
- J. Bai, G. Dhanaraj, P. Gouma, M. Dudley, and M. Mynbaeva, “Porous SiC for HT chemical sensing devices: an assessment of its thermal stability,” Materials Science Forum, vol. 457–460, no. 2, pp. 1479–1482, 2004.
- M. Mynbaeva, A. Lavrent'ev, I. Kotousova, A. Volkova, K. Mynbaev, and A. Lebedev, “On current limitations in porous SiC applications,” Materials Science Forum, vol. 483–485, pp. 269–272, 2005.
- V. Glukhanyuk and A. Kozanecki, “Site selective studies of Er3+ emission centers in Er-implanted 6H-SiC,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, no. 21, Article ID 211114, 2006.
- N. T. Son, P. Carlsson, A. Gällström, B. Magnusson, and E. Janźn, “Deep levels and carrier compensation in V-doped semi-insulating 4H-SiC,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 91, no. 20, Article ID 202111, 2007.
- P. G. Cheremskoy, V. V. Slezov, and V. I. Betekhtin, Pores in Solids, Energoatomizdat, Moscow, Russia, 1990.
- M. G. Mynbaeva, E. N. Mokhov, A. A. Lavrent'ev, and K. D. Mynbaev, “High-temperature diffusion doping of porous silicon carbide,” Technical Physics Letters, vol. 34, no. 9, pp. 731–733, 2008.
- M. Kitayama, T. Narushima, and A. M. Glaeser, “Wulff shape of alumina: II, experimental measurements of pore shape evolution rates,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 83, no. 10, pp. 2572–2583, 2000.
- Z. Yu. Gotra, Technology of Microelectronic Devices, Radio and Communications, Moscow, Russia, 1991.
- E. I. Zorin, P. V. Pavlov, and D. I. Tetelbaum, Ion Doping of Semiconductors, Energiya, Moscow, Russia, 1975.
- H. Ryssel and I. Ruge, Ion Implantation, Teubner, Stuttgart, Germany, 1978.
- E. L. Pankratov, “Influence of the spatial, temporal, and concentrational dependence of the diffusion coefficient on dopant dynamics: optimization of annealing time,” Physical Review B, vol. 72, no. 7, Article ID 075201, 2005.
- E. L. Pankratov and B. Spagnolo, “Optimization of impurity profile for p-n-junction in heterostructures,” European Physical Journal B, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 15–19, 2005.
- E. L. Pankratov, “Dopant diffusion dynamics and optimal diffusion time as influenced by diffusion-coefficient nonuniformity,” Russian Microelectronics, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 33–39, 2007.
- V. A. Dmitriev and M. G. Spencer, “SiC fabrication technology: growth and doping,” Semiconductors and Semimetals, vol. 52, pp. 21–75, 1998.
- H. S. Carslaw and J. C. Jaeger, Conduction of Heat in Solids, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 1964.