- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Condensed Matter Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 527065, 9 pages
Transition Temperatures of Thermotropic Liquid Crystals from the Local Binary Gray Level Cooccurrence Matrix
1Department of Physics, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Nagarjuna Nagar, Andhra Pradesh 522510, India
2Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, K L University, Greenfields, Vaddeswaram, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh 522002, India
3Department of Chemical Science, Faculty of Science, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman and Jalan Universiti, Bandar Barat, 31900 Kampar, Perak, Malaysia
Received 7 October 2012; Revised 19 November 2012; Accepted 20 November 2012
Academic Editor: Nigel Wilding
Copyright © 2012 S. Sreehari Sastry et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. V. Madhusudana, “Recent advances in thermotropic liquid crystals,” Current Science, vol. 80, no. 8, pp. 1018–1025, 2001.
- S. Chandrasekhar, Liquid Crystals, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1992.
- P. G. de Gennes and J. Prost, The Physics of Liquid Crystals, Clarendon Press, Oxford, UK, 1993.
- S. Sreehari Sastry, S. Kumar, T. Vindhya Kumari, K. Mallika, B. G. Sankara Rao, and H. S. Tiong, “Liquid crystal parameters through image analysis,” Liquid Crystals, vol. 39, no. 12, pp. 1527–1537, 2012.
- S. Singh, Liquid Crystals Fundamentals, World Scientific, Singapore, 2002.
- D. Demus and L. Richter, Textures of Liquid Crystals, Chemie, New York, NY, USA, 1978.
- B. Montrucchio, A. Sparavigna, and A. Strigazzi, “A new image processing method for enhancing the detection sensitivity of smooth transitions in liquid crystals,” Liquid Crystals, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 841–852, 1998.
- B. Montrucchio, A. Sparavigna, S. I. Torgova, and A. Strigazzi, “A novel order transition inside the nematic phase of trans-4-hexylcyclohexane-1-carboxylic acid discovered by image processing,” Liquid Crystals, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 613–620, 1998.
- A. Sparavigna, A. Mello, and B. Montrucchio, “Texture transitions in the liquid crystalline alkyloxybenzoic acid 6OBAC,” Phase Transitions, vol. 79, no. 4-5, pp. 293–303, 2006.
- J. Eccher, A. R. Sampaio, R. C. Viscovini et al., “Image processing as a tool for phase transitions identification,” Journal of Molecular Liquids, vol. 153, no. 2-3, pp. 162–166, 2010.
- S. Sreehari Sastry, K. Mallika, B. G. Sankara Rao, S. Tiong Ha, and S. Lakshminarayana, “Identification of phase transition temperatures by statistical image analysis,” Liquid Crystals, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 695–700, 2012.
- A. Sparavigna and R. Marazzato, “Mapping images with the coherence length diagrams,” Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, International Journal of Software Engineering and Computing, vol. 1, pp. 53–57, 2009.
- G. W. Gray, Molecular Structure and the Properties of Liquid Crystals, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1962.
- R. C. Gonzalez, R. E. Woods, and S. L. Eddins, Digital Image Processing using MATLAB, Dorling Kindersley, Delhi, India, 2004.
- M. Pietikäinen, A. Hadid, G. Zhao, and T. Ahonen, Computer Vision Using Local Binary Patterns, vol. 40 of Computational Imaging and Vision, Springer, London, UK, 2011.
- T. Maenpaa, Local Binary Pattern approach to texture analysis—Extensions and applications, Oulu Univeristy Press, Finland, 2003.
- T. Ojala, M. Pietikäinen, and T. Mäenpää, “Multi resolution gray-scale and rotation invariant texture classification with local binary patterns,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 971–987, 2002.
- T. Ojala, M. Pietikäinen, and D. Harwood, “Performance evaluation of textures measures with classification based on Kullback discrimination of distributions,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR '94), pp. 582–585, Jerusalem, Israel, 1994.
- LBP bibliography, http://www.cse.oulu.fi/CMV/LBP_Bibliography.
- F. Albregtsen, Texture Measures Computed from GLCM-Matrices [Ph.D. thesis], Image Processing Laboratory, Department of Informatics, University of Oslo, 2008.
- M. Roumi, Implementing texture feature extraction algorithms on FPGA, computer engineering, mekelweg 4, 2628 CD [M.S. thesis], Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, 2009.
- G. Saini, Texture Analysis of CT Scan Images [M.S. thesis], Electrical and Instrumentation Department, Thapar University, Patiala, India, 2008.
- R. Pavlis, Kansas USA edition of Micscape Magazine, Microscopy UK Front Page Published in the May 2006.