- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Condensed Matter Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 615295, 12 pages
Anomalous Hall Effect in Geometrically Frustrated Magnets
Department of Chemistry, University College London, 20 Gordon Street, London WC1H 0AJ, UK
Received 15 October 2011; Revised 21 December 2011; Accepted 22 December 2011
Academic Editor: Charles Rosenblatt
Copyright © 2012 D. Boldrin and A. S. Wills. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. A. Wolf, D. D. Awschalom, R. A. Buhrman et al., “Spintronics: a spin-based electronics vision for the future,” Science, vol. 294, no. 5546, pp. 1488–1495, 2001.
- D. D. Awschalom and M. E. Flatté, “Challenges for semiconductor spintronics,” Nature Physics, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 153–159, 2007.
- Y. Taguchi, Y. Oohara, H. Yoshizawa, N. Nagaosa, and Y. Tokura, “Spin chirality, berry phase, and anomalous hall effect in a frustrated ferromagnet,” Science, vol. 291, no. 5513, pp. 2573–2576, 2001.
- T. Tomizawa and H. Kontani, “Anomalous Hall effect due to noncollinearity in pyrochlore compounds: role of orbital Aharonov-Bohm effect,” Physical Review B, vol. 82, no. 10, Article ID 104412, pp. 104412-1–104412-14, 2010.
- Y. Yasui, T. Kageyama, T. Moyoshi, M. Soda, M. Sato, and K. Kakurai, “Studies of anomalous Hall effect and magnetic structure of Nd2Mo2O7 - Test of chirality mechanism,” Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 75, no. 8, Article ID 084711, 2006.
- Y. Machida, S. Nakatsuji, S. Onoda, T. Tayama, and T. Sakakibara, “Time-reversal symmetry breaking and spontaneous Hall effect without magnetic dipole order,” Nature, vol. 463, no. 7278, pp. 210–213, 2010.
- R. Karplus and J. M. Luttinger, “Hall effect in ferromagnetics,” Physical Review, vol. 95, no. 5, pp. 1154–1160, 1954.
- Z. Fang, N. Nagaosa, K. S. Takahashi et al., “The anomalous Hall effect and magnetic monopoles in momentum space,” Science, vol. 302, no. 5642, pp. 92–95, 2003.
- Y. Machida, S. Nakatsuji, Y. Maeno, T. Tayama, T. Sakakibara, and S. Onoda, “Unconventional anomalous hall effect enhanced by a noncoplanar spin texture in the frustrated kondo lattice Pr2Ir2O7,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 98, no. 5, Article ID 057203, 2007.
- M. V. Berry, “Quantal phase factors accompanying adiabatic changes,” Proceedings of the Royal Society A, vol. 392, no. 1802, pp. 45–57, 1984.
- S. Iguchi, N. Hanasaki, and Y. Tokura, “Scaling of anomalous hall resistivity in Nd2(Mo1-xNbx)2O7 with spin chirality,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 99, no. 7, Article ID 077202, 2007.
- L. Balicas, S. Nakatsuji, Y. Machida, and S. Onoda, “Anisotropic hysteretic Hall effect and magnetic control of chiral domains in the chiral spin states of Pr2Ir2O7,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 106, no. 21, Article ID 217204, 2011.
- L. A. Fenner, A. A. Dee, and A. S. Wills, “Non-collinearity and spin frustration in the itinerant kagome ferromagnet Fe3Sn2,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 21, no. 45, Article ID 452202, 2009.
- T. Kida, L. A. Fenner, A. A. Dee, et al., “The giant anomalous Hall effect in the ferromagnet Fe3Sn2—a frustrated kagome metal,” Journal of Physics, vol. 23, no. 11, Article ID 112205, 2011.
- H. Takatsu, H. Yoshizawa, S. Yonezawa, and Y. Maeno, “Critical behavior of the metallic triangular-lattice Heisenberg antiferromagnet PdCrO2,” Physical Review B, vol. 79, no. 10, Article ID 104424, 2009.
- H. Takatsu, S. Yonezawa, S. Fujimoto, and Y. Maeno, “Unconventional anomalous hall effect in the metallic triangular-lattice magnet PdCrO2,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 105, no. 13, Article ID 137201, 2010.
- Y. Aharonov and D. Bohm, “Significance of electromagnetic potentials in the quantum theory,” Physical Review, vol. 115, no. 3, pp. 485–491, 1959.
- Y. Maeno, H. Hashimoto, K. Yoshida et al., “Superconductivity in a layered perovskite without copper,” Nature, vol. 372, no. 6506, pp. 532–534, 1994.
- J. M. Longo, P. M. Raccah, and J. B. Goodenough, “Magnetic properties of SrRuO3 and CaRuO3,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 1327–1328, 1968.
- C. W. Jones, P. D. Battle, P. Lightfoot, et al., “The structure of SrRuO3 by time-of-flight neutron powder diffraction,” Acta Crystallographica C, vol. 45, pp. 365–367, 1989.
- J. S. Gardner, G. Balakrishnan, and D. M. Paul, “Neutron powder diffraction studies of Sr2RuO4 and SrRuO3,” Physica C, vol. 252, no. 3-4, pp. 303–307, 1995.
- S. N. Bushmeleva, V. Y. Pomjakushin, E. V. Pomjakushina, D. V. Sheptyakov, and A. M. Balagurov, “Evidence for the band ferromagnetism in SrRuO3 from neutron diffraction,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 305, no. 2, pp. 491–496, 2006.
- T. Kiyama, K. Yoshimura, K. Kosuge, Y. Ikeda, and Y. Bando, “Invar effect of SrRuO3: itinerant electron magnetism of Ru 4d electrons,” Physical Review B, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. R756–R759, 1996.
- D. J. Singh, “Electronic and magnetic properties of the 4d itinerant ferromagnet SrRuO3,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 79, no. 8, pp. 4818–4820, 1996.
- P. B. Allen, H. Berger, O. Chauvet et al., “Transport properties, thermodynamic properties, and electronic structure of SrRuO3,” Physical Review B, vol. 53, no. 8, pp. 4393–4398, 1996.
- R. Mathieu, A. Asamitsu, H. Yamada et al., “Scaling of the anomalous hall effect in Sr1-xCaxRuO3,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 93, no. 1, Article ID 016602, 2004.
- M. Sato, “Unusual behavior of the anomalous Hall effect of systems with non-trivial magnetic structures,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 310, no. 2, pp. 1021–1023, 2007.
- T. Tomizawa and H. Kontani, “Anomalous Hall effect in the t2g orbital kagome lattice due to noncollinearity: significance of the orbital Aharonov-Bohm effect,” Physical Review B, vol. 80, no. 10, Article ID 100401, 2009.
- S. Xu, Y. Moritomo, K. Oikawa, T. Kamiyama, and A. Nakamura, “Lattice structural change at ferromagnetic transition in Nd2Mo2O7,” Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 70, no. 8, pp. 2239–2241, 2001.
- S. Onoda and N. Nagaosa, “Spin chirality fluctuations and anomalous Hall effect in itinerant ferromagnets,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 90, no. 19, Article ID 196602, 2003.
- D. Yanagishima and Y. Maeno, “Metal-nonmetal changeover in pyrochlore iridates,” Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 70, no. 10, pp. 2880–2883, 2001.
- S. Nakatsuji, Y. Machida, Y. Maeno et al., “Metallic spin-liquid behavior of the geometrically frustrated kondo lattice Pr2Ir2O7,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 96, no. 8, Article ID 087204, 2006.
- D. E. MacLaughlin, Y. Ohta, Y. Machida et al., “Weak quasistatic magnetism in the frustrated Kondo lattice Pr2Ir2O7,” Physica B, vol. 404, no. 5-7, pp. 667–670, 2009.
- G. Le Caer, B. Malaman, and B. Roques, “Mossbauer effect study of Fe3Sn2,” Journal of Physics F, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 323–336, 1978.
- K. S. Heritage, B. Bryant, Y.-A. Soh, et al., Unpublished work, 2011.
- R. D. Shannon, D. B. Rogers, and C. T. Prewitt, “Chemistry of noble metal oxides. I. Syntheses and properties of ABO2 delafossite compounds,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 713–718, 1971.
- J.-P. Doumerc, A. Wichainchai, A. Ammar, M. Pouchard, and P. Hagenmuller, “On magnetic properties of some oxides with delafossite-type structure,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 745–752, 1986.