- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Condensed Matter Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 798310, 12 pages
Modeling of Magnetoelectric Interaction in Magnetostrictive-Piezoelectric Composites
Institute of Electronic and Information Systems, Novgorod State University, 173003 Veliky Novgorod, Russia
Received 12 September 2011; Accepted 22 November 2011
Academic Editor: Shashank Priya
Copyright © 2012 M. I. Bichurin and V. M. Petrov. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. N. Astrov, “Magnetoelectric effect in chromium oxide,” Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics, vol. 13, p. 729, 1961.
- J. van den Boomgaard, A. M. J. G. van Run, and J. van Suchtelen, “Piezoelectric-piezomagnetic composites with magnetoelectric effect,” Ferroelectrics, vol. 14, p. 727, 1976.
- J. Ryu, A. V. Carazo, K. Uchino, and H. E. Kim, “Piezoelectric and magnetoelectric properties of lead zirconate titanate/Ni-ferrite particulate composites,” Journal of Electroceramics, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 17–24, 2001.
- V. M. Laletin and G. Srinivasan, “Magnetoelectric effects in composites of nickel ferrite and barium lead zirconate titanate,” Ferroelectrics, vol. 280, pp. 177–185, 2002.
- C.-W. Nan, M. I. Bichurin, S. Dong, D. Viehland, and G. Srinivasan, “Multiferroic magnetoelectric composites: historical perspective, status, and future directions,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 103, Article ID 031101, 35 pages, 2008.
- E. Asher, “The interaction between magnetization and polarization: phenomenological symmetry consideration,” Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 28, no. 7, 1969.
- G. Srinivasan, E. T. Rasmussen, J. Gallegos, R. Srinivasan, Yu. I. Bokhan, and V. M. Laletin, “Magnetoelectric bilayer and multilayer structures of magnetostrictive and piezoelectric oxides,” Physical Review B - Condensed Matter and Materials Physics, vol. 64, no. 21, pp. 2144081–2144086, 2001.
- S. Dong, J. Zhai, F. Bai, J. -F. Li, and D. Viehland, “Push-pull mode magnetostrictive/piezoelectric laminate composite with an enhanced magnetoelectric voltage coefficient,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 87, no. 6, article 062502, 2005.
- S. Dong, J. Zhai, J. Li, and D. Viehland, “Near-ideal magnetoelectricity in high-permeability magnetostrictive/ piezofiber laminates with a (2-1) connectivity,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, no. 25, article 252904, 2006.
- G. Harshe, J. P. Dougherty, and R. E. Newnham, “Theoretical modelling of multilayer magnetoelectric composites,” International Journal of Applied Electromagnetics in Materials, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 145–159, 1993.
- M. I. Bichurin, V. M. Petrov, and G. Srinivasan, “Modeling of magnetoelectric effect in ferromagnetic/piezoelectric multilayer composites,” Ferroelectrics, vol. 280, pp. 165–175, 2002.
- M. I. Bichurin, V. M. Petrov, and G. Srinivasan, “Theory of low-frequency magnetoelectric effects in ferromagnetic-ferroelectric layered composites,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 92, no. 12, pp. 7681–7683, 2002.
- M. I. Bichurin, V. M. Petrov, and G. Srinivasan, “Theory of low-frequency magnetoelectric coupling in magnetostrictive-piezoelectric bilayers,” Physical Review B, vol. 68, no. 5, Article ID 054402, pp. 544021–5440213, 2003.
- V. M. Petrov, G. Srinivasan, M. I. Bichurin, and T. A. Galkina, “Theory of magnetoelectric effect for bending modes in magnetostrictive- piezoelectric bilayers,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 105, no. 6, Article ID 063911, 2009.
- A. P. Ramirez, “Colossal magnetoresistance,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 9, no. 39, pp. 8171–8199, 1997.
- I. A. Osaretin and R. G. Rojas, “Theoretical model for the magnetoelectric effect in magnetostrictive/ piezoelectric composites,” Physical Review B, vol. 82, no. 17, Article ID 174415, 2010.
- R. E. Newnham, D. P. Skinner, and L. E. Cross, “Connectivity and piezoelectric-pyroelectric composites,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 525–536, 1978.
- G. Harshe, J. P. Dougherty, and R. E. Newnham, “Theoretical modelling of 3-0/0-3 magnetoelectric composites,” International Journal of Applied Electromagnetics in Materials, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 161–171, 1993.
- V. M. Petrov, M. I. Bichurin, V. M. Laletin, N. Paddubnaya, and G. Srinivasan, Magnetoelectric Interaction Phenomena in Crystals-NATO Science Series II, vol. 164, Kluwer Academic Publishers, London, UK, 2004, Edited By, M. Fiebig, V. V. Eremenko, and I. E. Chupis.
- G. Srinivasan, C. P. de Vreugd, V. M. Laletin et al., “Resonant magnetoelectric coupling in trilayers of ferromagnetic alloys and piezoelectric lead zirconate titanate: the influence of bias magnetic field,” Physical Review B, vol. 71, no. 18, article 184423, 2005.
- M. I. Bichurin, D. A. Filippov, V. M. Petrov, V. M. Laletsin, N. Paddubnaya, and G. Srinivasan, “Resonance magnetoelectric effects in layered magnetostrictive-piezoelectric composites,” Physical Review B - Condensed Matter and Materials Physics, vol. 68, no. 13, Article ID 132408, pp. 1324081–1324084, 2003.
- V. M. Petrov, M. I. Bichurin, and G. Srinivasan, “Electromechanical resonance in ferrite-piezoelectric nanopillars, nanowires, nanobilayers, and magnetoelectric interactions,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 107, no. 7, Article ID 073908, 2010.
- M. I. Bichurin, V. M. Petrov, S. V. Averkin, and A. V. Filippov, “Electromechanical resonance in magnetoelectric layered structures,” Physics of the Solid State, vol. 52, no. 10, pp. 2116–2122, 2010.
- V. M. Petrov, M. I. Bichurin, V. V. Zibtsev, S. K. Mandal, and G. Srinivasan, “Flexural deformation and bending mode of magnetoelectric nanobilayer,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 106, no. 11, Article ID 113901, 2009.
- M. I. Bichurin, V. M. Petrov, S. V. Averkin, and E. Liverts, “Present status of theoretical modeling the magnetoelectric effect in magnetostrictive-piezoelectric nanostructures. Part I: low frequency and electromechanical resonance ranges,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 107, no. 5, Article ID 053904, 2010.