- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Condensed Matter Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 908692, 8 pages
Micromagnetic Investigation of Periodic Cross-Tie/Vortex Wall Geometry
Applied and Computational Mathematics Division, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8910, USA
Received 31 March 2012; Accepted 18 May 2012
Academic Editor: Eduardo Martinez Vecino
Copyright © 2012 Michael J. Donahue. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Kirchner and W. Döring, “Thin films: domain walls and related topics,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 39, pp. 855–856, 1968.
- D. V. Berkov, K. Ramstöck, and A. Hubert, “Solving micromagnetic problems. Towards an optimal numerical method,” Physica Status Solidi, vol. 137, pp. 207–225, 1993.
- K. Ramstöck, W. Hartung, and A. Hubert, “The phase diagram of domain walls in narrow magnetic strips,” Physica Status Solidi, vol. 155, no. 2, pp. 505–518, 1996.
- R. Ploessl, J. N. Chapman, A. M. Thompson, J. Zweck, and H. Hoffmann, “Investigation of the micromagnetic structure of cross-tie walls in permalloy,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 73, no. 5, pp. 2447–2452, 1993.
- A. Hubert and R. Schäfer, Magnetic Domains, Springer, 1998.
- S. Hou, G. Pan, D. J. Mapps et al., “Magnetic force microscopy and micromagnetic study of cross-tie wall structures in Co91Nb6Zr3 amorphous thin films,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 87, no. 3, pp. 1096–1102, 2000.
- M. Redjdal, A. Kakay, M. F. Ruane, and F. B. Humphrey, “Cross-tie walls in thin permalloy films,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 2471–2473, 2002.
- W. Rave and A. Hubert, “Magnetic ground state of a thin-film element,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 3886–3899, 2000.
- R. Hertel, “Thickness dependence of magnetization structures in thin Permalloy rectangles,” Zeitschrift für Metallkunde, vol. 93, no. 10, pp. 957–962, 2002.
- F. Alouges, T. Rivière, and S. Serfaty, “Néel and cross-tie wall energies for planar micromagnetic configurations,” ESAIM, vol. 8, pp. 31–68, 2002.
- A. DeSimone, H. Knüpfer, and F. Otto, “2-d stability of the Néel wall,” Calculus of Variations and Partial Differential Equations, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 233–253, 2006.
- M. J. Donahue and D. G. Porter, “OOMMF user’s guide, version 1.0,” NISTIR 6376, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, Md, USA, 1999.