- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Condensed Matter Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 913168, 7 pages
Origin of the Giant Negative Thermal Expansion in
1Department of Physics, University of Science and Technology of China, Anhui, Hefei 230026, China
2Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at Microscale, University of Science and Technology of China, Anhui, Hefei 230026, China
Received 16 June 2012; Accepted 11 September 2012
Academic Editor: Koshi Takenaka
Copyright © 2012 B. Y. Qu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. W. Sleight, “Compounds that contract on heating,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 37, no. 12, pp. 2854–2860, 1998.
- G. D. Barrera, J. A. O. Bruno, T. H. K. Barron, and N. L. Allan, “Negative thermal expansion,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. R217–R252, 2005.
- D. Fruchart and E. F. Bertaut, “Magnetic studies of the metallic perovskite-type compounds of manganese,” Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 781–791, 1978.
- W. S. Kim, E. O. Chi, J. C. Kim, N. H. Hur, K. W. Lee, and Y. N. Choi, “Cracks induced by magnetic ordering in the antiperovskite ZnNMn3,” Physical Review B, vol. 68, no. 17, Article ID 172402, 4 pages, 2003.
- D. Fruchart, E. F. Bertaut, R. Madar, G. Lorthioir, and R. Fruchart, “Structure magnetique et rotation de spin de Mn3NiN,” Solid State Communications, vol. 9, no. 21, pp. 1793–1797, 1971.
- K. Takenaka and H. Takagi, “Giant negative thermal expansion in Ge-doped anti-perovskite manganese nitrides,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 87, no. 26, Article ID 261902, 3 pages, 2005.
- K. Takenaka, K. Asano, M. Misawa, and H. Takagi, “Negative thermal expansion in Ge-free antiperovskite manganese nitrides: tin-doping effect,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 92, no. 1, Article ID 011927, 3 pages, 2008.
- Y. Sun, C. Wang, Y. Wen, K. Zhu, and J. Zhao, “Lattice contraction and magnetic and electronic transport properties of Mn3Zn1-xGexN,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 91, no. 23, Article ID 231913, 3 pages, 2007.
- R. Huang, L. Li, F. Cai, X. Xu, and L. Qian, “Low-temperature negative thermal expansion of the antiperovskite manganese nitride Mn3CuN codoped with Ge and Si,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 93, no. 8, Article ID 081902, 3 pages, 2008.
- B. S. Wang, P. Tong, Y. P. Sun et al., “Enhanced giant magnetoresistance in Ni-doped antipervoskite compounds GaCMn3-xNix (x = 0.05, 0.10),” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 95, no. 22, Article ID 222509, 3 pages, 2009.
- R. J. Huang, W. Xu, X. D. Xu, L. F. Li, X. Q. Pan, and D. Evans, “Negative thermal expansion and electrical properties of Mn3(Cu0.6NbxGe0.4 - x)N () compounds,” Materials Letters, vol. 62, no. 16, pp. 2381–2384, 2008.
- J. Matsuno, K. Takenaka, H. Takagi, D. Matsumura, Y. Nishihata, and J. Mizuki, “Local structure anomaly around Ge dopantsin Mn3Cu0.7Ge0.3N with negative thermal expansion,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 94, no. 18, Article ID 181904, 3 pages, 2009.
- S. Iikubo, K. Kodama, K. Takenaka, H. Takagi, M. Takigawa, and S. Shamoto, “Local lattice distortion in the giant negative thermal expansion material Mn3Cu1-xGexN,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 101, no. 20, Article ID 205901, 4 pages, 2008.
- K. Kodama, S. Iikubo, K. Takenaka, M. Takigawa, H. Takagi, and S. Shamoto, “Gradual development of Γ5g antiferromagnetic moment in the giant negative thermal expansion material Mn3Cu1-xGexN (x~0.5),” Physical Review B, vol. 81, no. 22, Article ID 224419, 8 pages, 2010.
- G. Kresse and J. Hafner, “Ab initio molecular dynamics for liquid metals,” Physical Review B, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 558–561, 1993.
- G. Kresse and J. Furthmüller, “Efficient iterative schemes for ab initio total-energy calculations using a plane-wave basis set,” Physical Review B, vol. 54, no. 16, pp. 11169–11186, 1996.
- J. P. Perdew, K. Burke, and M. Ernzerhof, “Generalized gradient approximation made simple,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 77, no. 18, pp. 3865–3868, 1996.
- G. Ernst, C. Broholm, G. R. Kowach, and A. P. Ramirez, “Phonon density of states and negative thermal expansion in ZrW2O8,” Nature, vol. 396, no. 6707, pp. 147–149, 1998.
- K. Wang and R. R. Reeber, “Mode Grüneisen parameters and negative thermal expansion of cubic ZrW2O8 and ZrMo2O8,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 76, no. 16, pp. 2203–2204, 2000.
- K. Takenaka and H. Takagi, “Magnetovolume effect and negative thermalexpansion in Mn3(Cu1-xGex)N,” Materials Transactions, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 471–474, 2006.
- S. Iikubo, K. Kodama, K. Takenaka, H. Takagi, and S. Shamoto, “Magnetovolume effect in Mn3Cu1-xGexN related to the magnetic structure: neutron powder diffraction measurements,” Physical Review B, vol. 77, no. 2, Article ID 020409, 4 pages, 2008.
- N. M. Rosengaard and B. Johansson, “Finite-temperature study of itinerant ferromagnetism in Fe, Co, and Ni,” Physical Review B, vol. 55, no. 22, pp. 14975–14986, 1997.
- Y. M. Zhou, D. S. Wang, and Y. Kawazoe, “Effective ab initio exchange integrals and magnetic phase transition in fcc Fe and Mn antiferromagnets,” Physical Review B, vol. 59, no. 13, pp. 8387–8390, 1999.
- J. T. Wang, L. Zhou, D. S. Wang, and Y. Kawazoe, “Exchange interaction and magnetic phase transition in layered Fe/Au(001) superlattices,” Physical Review B, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 3354–3360, 2000.
- X. Gao, Y. M. Zhou, and D. S. Wang, “Analysis of the determination of magnetic phase transition temperatures by the first-principles calculations,” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, vol. 251, no. 1, pp. 29–37, 2002.
- B. Y. Qu, H. Y. He, and B. C. Pan, “The elastic properties of Mn3(Cu1-xGex)N compounds,” AIP Advances, vol. 1, no. 4, Article ID 042125, 8 pages, 2011.