- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Condensed Matter Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 136274, 7 pages
Structural, Elastic, and Electronic Properties of Antiperovskite Chromium-Based Carbides ACCr3 (A = Al and Ga)
1Key Laboratory of Materials Physics, Institute of Solid State Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Hefei 230031, China
2High Magnetic Field Laboratory, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Hefei 230031, China
Received 29 October 2012; Accepted 24 December 2012
Academic Editor: Laifeng Li
Copyright © 2013 D. F. Shao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. He, Q. Huang, A. P. Ramirez et al., “Superconductivity in the non-oxide perovskite MgCNi3,” Nature, vol. 411, no. 6833, pp. 54–56, 2001.
- M. Uehara, T. Yamazaki, T. Kôri, T. Kashida, Y. Kimishima, and I. Hase, “Superconducting properties of CdCNi3,” Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 76, no. 3, Article ID 034714, 2007.
- M. Uehara, A. Uehara, K. Kozawa, and Y. Kimishima, “New antiperovskite-type superconductor ZnNyNi3,” Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 78, no. 3, 2009.
- K. Kamishima, T. Goto, H. Nakagawa et al., “Giant magnetoresistance in the intermetallic compound Mn3GaC,” Physical Review B, vol. 63, no. 2, Article ID 024426, 2001.
- Y. B. Li, W. F. Li, W. J. Feng, Y. Q. Zhang, and Z. D. Zhang, “Magnetic, transport and magnetotransport properties of Mn3+xSn1-xC and Mn3ZnySn1-yC compounds,” Physical Review B, vol. 72, no. 2, Article ID 024411, 2005.
- T. Tohei, H. Wada, and T. Kanomata, “Negative magnetocaloric effect at the antiferromagnetic to ferromagnetic transition of Mn3GaC,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 94, no. 3, pp. 1800–1802, 2003.
- M. H. Yu, L. H. Lewis, and A. R. Moodenbaugh, “Large magnetic entropy change in the metallic antiperovskite Mn3GaC,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 93, no. 12, pp. 10128–10130, 2003.
- K. Takenaka and H. Takagi, “Giant negative thermal expansion in Ge-doped anti-perovskite manganese nitrides,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 87, no. 26, Article ID 261902, pp. 1–3, 2005.
- K. Takenaka, K. Asano, M. Misawa, and H. Takagi, “Negative thermal expansion in Ge-free antiperovskite manganese nitrides: tin-doping effect,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 92, no. 1, Article ID 011927, 2008.
- K. Asano, K. Koyama, and K. Takenaka, “Magnetostriction in Mn3 CuN,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 92, no. 16, Article ID 161909, 2008.
- E. O. Chi, W. S. Kim, and N. H. Hur, “Nearly zero temperature coefficient of resistivity in antiperovskite compound CuNMn3,” Solid State Communications, vol. 120, no. 7-8, pp. 307–310, 2001.
- J. C. Lin, B. S. Wang, P. Tong et al., “Tunable temperature coefficient of resistivity in C- and Co-doped CuNMn3,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 65, no. 5, pp. 452–455, 2011.
- B. T. Matthias, T. H. Geballe, V. B. Compton, E. Corenzwit, and G. W. Hull, “Superconductivity of chromium alloys,” Physical Review, vol. 128, no. 2, pp. 588–590, 1962.
- Y. Nishihara, Y. Yamaguchi, T. Kohara, and M. Tokumoto, “Itinerant-electron antiferromagnetism and superconductivity in bcc Cr-Re alloys,” Physical Review B, vol. 31, no. 9, pp. 5775–5781, 1985.
- Y. Nishihara, Y. Yamaguchi, M. Tokumoto, K. Takeda, and K. Fukamichi, “Superconductivity and magnetism of bcc Cr-Ru alloys,” Physical Review B, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 3446–3449, 1986.
- H. L. Alberts, D. S. McLachlan, T. Germishuyse, and M. Naidoo, “Superconductivity and antiferromagnetism in Cr-Mo-Ru alloys,” Journal of Physics, vol. 3, no. 12, pp. 1793–1800, 1991.
- B. Wiendlocha, J. Tobola, S. Kaprzyk, and D. Fruchart, “Electronic structure, superconductivity and magnetism study of Cr3GaN and Cr3RhN,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 442, no. 1-2, pp. 289–291, 2007.
- H. M. Tütüncü and G. P. Srivastava, “Phonons and superconductivity in the cubic perovskite Cr3RhN,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 112, no. 9, Article ID 093914, 2012.
- P. E. Blöchl, “Projector augmented-wave method,” Physical Review B, vol. 50, no. 24, pp. 17953–17979, 1994.
- M. Torrent, F. Jollet, F. Bottin, G. Zérah, and X. Gonze, “Implementation of the projector augmented-wave method in the ABINIT code: application to the study of iron under pressure,” Computational Materials Science, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 337–351, 2008.
- X. Gonze, J. M. Beuken, R. Caracas et al., “First-principles computation of material properties: the ABINIT software project,” Computational Materials Science, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 478–492, 2002.
- X. Gonze, B. Amadon, P. M. Anglade et al., “ABINIT: first-principles approach to material and nanosystem properties,” Computer Physics Communications, vol. 180, no. 12, pp. 2582–2615, 2009.
- X. Gonze, G. M. Rignanese, M. Verstraete et al., “A brief introduction to the ABINIT software package,” Zeitschrift fur Kristallographie, vol. 220, no. 5-6, pp. 558–562, 2005.
- J. P. Perdew, K. Burke, and M. Ernzerhof, “Generalized gradient approximation made simple,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 77, no. 18, pp. 3865–3868, 1996.
- H. J. Monkhorst and J. D. Pack, “Special points for Brillouin-zone integrations,” Physical Review B, vol. 13, no. 12, pp. 5188–5192, 1976.
- F. Birch, “Finite elastic strain of cubic crystals,” Physical Review, vol. 71, no. 11, pp. 809–824, 1947.
- F. D. Murnaghan, Finite Deformation of An Elastic Solid, Dover Publications, New York, NY, USA, 1951.
- J. Zhao, J. M. Winey, and Y. M. Gupta, “First-principles calculations of second- and third-order elastic constants for single crystals of arbitrary symmetry,” Physical Review B, vol. 75, no. 9, Article ID 094105, 2007.
- R. Hill, “The elastic behaviour of a crystalline aggregate,” Proceedings of the Physical Society A, vol. 65, no. 5, pp. 349–354, 1952.
- D. C. Wallace, Thermodynamics of Crystals, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1972.
- D. J. Green, An Introduction to the Mechanical Properties of Ceramics, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1998.
- R. E. Newnham, Properties of Materials; Anisotropy, Symmetry, Structure, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- D. G. Pettifor, “Theoretical predictions of structure and related properties of intermetallics,” Materials Science and Technology, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 345–349, 1992.
- S. Pugh, “Relations between the elastic moduli and the plastic properties of polycrystalline pure metals,” Philosophical Magazine Series, vol. 7, no. 45, pp. 823–843, 1954.
- J. Haines, J. M. Léger, and G. Bocquillon, “Synthesis and design of superhard materials,” Annual Review of Materials Research, vol. 31, pp. 1–23, 2001.
- V. Kanchana, “Mechanical properties of Ti3AlX (X = C, N): Ab initio study,” Europhysics Letters, vol. 87, no. 2, p. 26006, 2009.
- S. Mollah, “The physics of the non-oxide perovskite superconductor MgCNi3,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 16, no. 43, pp. R1237–R1276, 2004.
- W. L. McMillan, “Transition temperature of strong-coupled superconductors,” Physical Review, vol. 167, no. 2, pp. 331–344, 1968.
- J. H. Shim, S. K. Kwon, and B. I. Min, “Electronic structures of antiperovskite superconductors MgXNi3 (X = B, C, and N),” Physical Review B, vol. 64, no. 18, Article ID 180510, 2001.