- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 176749, 4 pages
Drug-Induced Bullous Sweet Syndrome with Multiple Autoimmune Features
1Department of Dermatology, Marshfield Clinic, 1000 N. Oak Avenue, Marshfield, 54449, USA
2Department of Internal Medicine, Marshfield Clinic, 1000 N. Oak Avenue, Marshfield, 54449, USA
3Department of Pathology, Marshfield Clinic, 1000 N. Oak Avenue, Marshfield, 54449, USA
4Department of Rheumatology, Marshfield Clinic, 1000 N. Oak Avenue, Marshfield, 54449, USA
Received 12 March 2010; Revised 25 June 2010; Accepted 1 August 2010
Academic Editor: Thomas Dörner
Copyright © 2010 Jared J. Lund et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. K. Draper, J. R. Robbins, and G. P. Stricklin, “Bullous Sweet's syndrome in congenital neutropenia: association with pegfilgrastim,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 901–905, 2005.
- S. Voelter-Mahlknecht, J. Bauer, G. Metzler, G. Fierlbeck, and G. Rassner, “Bullous variant of Sweet's syndrome,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 44, no. 11, pp. 946–947, 2005.
- C. Y. Neoh, A. W. H. Tan, and S. K. Ng, “Sweet's syndrome: a spectrum of unusual clinical presentations and associations,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 480–485, 2007.
- D. C. Walker and P. R. Cohen, “Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole-associated acute febrile neutrophilic dermatosis: case report and review of drug-induced Sweet's syndrome,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 918–923, 1996.
- M. Sáez, M. García-Bustínduy, and M. García-Bustínduy, “Drug-induced Sweet's syndrome,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 18, no. 2, p. 233, 2004.
- D. Sitjas, L. Puig, M. Cuatrecasas, and J. M. De Moragas, “Acute febrile neutrophilic dermatosis (Sweet's syndrome),” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 261–268, 1993.
- L. Pelizza, P. De Luca, M. L. La Pesa, and A. Minervino, “Drug-induced systemic lupus erythematosus after 7 years of treatment with carbamazepine,” Acta Biomedica de l'Ateneo Parmense, vol. 77, no. 1, pp. 17–61, 2006.
- S. P. Verma, N. Yunis, A. Lekos, and R. S. Crausman, “Carbamazepine-induced systemic lupus erythematosus presenting as cardiac tamponade,” Chest, vol. 117, no. 2, pp. 597–598, 2000.
- E. Gilmour, R. J. G. Chalmers, and D. J. Rowlands, “Drug-induced Sweet's syndrome (acute febrile neutrophilic dermatosis) associated with hydralazine,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 133, no. 3, pp. 490–491, 1995.
- W. Sequeira, R. B. Polisky, and D. P. Alrenga, “Neutrophilic dermatosis (Sweet's syndrome). Association with a hydralazine-induced lupus syndrome,” American Journal of Medicine, vol. 81, no. 3, pp. 558–560, 1986.
- O. Servitje, M. Ribera, X. Juanola, and J. Rodriguez-Moreno, “Acute neutrophilic dermatosis associated with hydralazine-induced lupus,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 123, no. 11, pp. 1435–1436, 1987.
- R. Ramsey-Goldman, T. Franz, F. X. Solano, and T. A. Medsger Jr., “Hydralazine induced lupus and Sweet's syndrome report and review of the literature,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 682–684, 1990.
- H.-Y. Thong, C.-Y. Chu, and H.-C. Chiu, “Methimazole-induced antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA)-associated vasculitis and lupus-like syndrome with a cutaneous feature of vesiculo-bullous systemic lupus erythematosus,” Acta Dermato-Venereologica, vol. 82, no. 3, pp. 206–208, 2002.
- C. Condon, M. Phelan, and J. F. Lyons, “Penicillamine-induced type II bullous systemic lupus erythematosus,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 136, no. 3, pp. 474–475, 1997.
- N. Fujimoto, S. Tajima, A. Ishibashi, A. Ura-Ishikou, and I. Manaka, “Acute febrile neutrophilic dermatosis (Sweet's syndrome) in a patient with relapsing polychondritis,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 139, no. 5, pp. 930–931, 1998.
- C. Francès, R. El Rassi, J. L. Laporte, M. Rybojad, T. Papo, and J.-C. Piette, “Dermatologic manifestations of relapsing polychondritis: a study of 200 cases at a single center,” Medicine, vol. 80, no. 3, pp. 173–179, 2001.
- D. L. Fett, L. E. Gibson, and W. P. D. Su, “Sweet's syndrome: systemic signs and symptoms and associated disorders,” Mayo Clinic Proceedings, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 234–240, 1995.
- L. Astudillo, F. Launay, L. Lamant, L. Sailler, J. Bazex, B. Couret, and E. Arlet-Suau, “Sweet's syndrome revealing relapsing polychondritis,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 43, no. 10, pp. 720–722, 2004.
- P. R. Cohen, “Sweet's syndrome and relapsing polychondritis: is their appearance in the same patient a coincidental occurrence or a bona fide association of these conditions?” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 43, no. 10, pp. 772–777, 2004.
- C. Vestergaard, H. Soelvsten, M. Ramsing, E. S. Hansen, and M. Deleuran, “Concomitant Sweet's syndrome and relapsing polychondritis,” Acta Dermato-Venereologica, vol. 87, no. 5, pp. 426–427, 2007.
- T. Kawakami, A. Kawase, and A. Kawase, “Sweet syndrome subsequent to relapsing polychondritis and myelodysplastic syndrome in a Japanese patient,” Acta Dermato-Venereologica, vol. 88, no. 5, pp. 517–519, 2008.
- H. Wastiaux, B. Hervier, C. Durant, V. Gagey-Caron, A. Masseau, S. Barbarot, and M. Hamidou, “Sweet's syndrome as the presenting manifestation of relapsing polychondritis,” Revue de Medecine Interne, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. e1–e3, 2010.
- D. Kemmett, D. J. Harrison, and J. A. A. Hunter, “Antibodies to neutrophil cytoplasmic antigens: a serologic marker for Sweet's syndrome,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 24, no. 6 I, pp. 967–969, 1991.
- R. M. Miller, T. A. Darben, J. Nedwich, and J. Savige, “Propylthiouracil-induced antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies in a patient with Graves' disease and a neutrophilic dermatosis,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 141, no. 5, pp. 943–944, 1999.
- H. K. Choi, P. A. Merkel, A. M. Walker, and J. L. Niles, “Drug-associated antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-positive vasculitis: prevalence among patients with high titers of antimyeloperoxidase antibodies,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 405–413, 2000.
- S. Darné, S. Natarajan, and C. Blasdale, “Do antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (ANCA) play a key role in neutrophilic dermatoses? A case of propylthiouracil-induced neutrophilic dermatosis with positive perinuclear ANCA,” Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 406–408, 2010.