- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 731834, 5 pages
Addison's Disease Revisited in Poland: Year 2008 versus Year 1990
1Department of Endocrinology, Centre for Postgraduate Medical Education, Bielanski Hospital, Ceglowska 80, 01-809 Warsaw, Poland
2Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Centre for Postgraduate Medical Education, Bielanski Hospital, Ceglowska 80, 01-809 Warsaw, Poland
Received 28 August 2009; Accepted 30 March 2010
Academic Editor: Corrado Betterle
Copyright © 2010 Anna A. Kasperlik-Zaluska et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. H. Guttman, “Addison's disease,” Archives of Pathology, vol. 10, pp. 742–752, 1930.
- C. Betterle, C. Dal Pra, F. Mantero, and R. Zanchetta, “Autoimmune adrenal insufficiency and autoimmune polyendocrine syndromes: autoantibodies, autoantigens, and their applicability in diagnosis and disease prediction,” Endocrine Reviews, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 327–364, 2002.
- A. A. Kasperlik-Załuska, B. Czarnocka, W. Czech, et al., “Secondary adrenal insufficiency associated with autoimmune disorders: a report of twenty-five cases,” Clinical Endocrinology, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 779–783, 1998.
- A. A. Kasperlik-Załuska, B. Czarnocka, and W. Czech, “Autoimmunity as the most frequent cause of idiopathic secondary adrenal insufficiency: report of 111 cases,” Autoimmunity, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 155–159, 2003.
- A. A. Kasperlik-Załuska, B. Migdalska, B. Czarnocka, J. Drac-Kaniewska, E. Niegowska, and W. Czech, “Association of Addison's disease with autoimmune disorders—a long-term observation of 180 patients,” Postgraduate Medical Journal, vol. 67, no. 793, pp. 984–987, 1991.
- W. Arlt and B. Allolio, “Adrenal insufficiency,” The Lancet, vol. 361, no. 9372, pp. 1881–1893, 2003.
- A. Kasperlik-Załuska, B. Czarnocka, and W. Czech, “High prevalence of thyroid autoimmunity in idiopathic Addison's disease,” Autoimmunity, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 213–216, 1994.
- W. Jeske, K. Gajl-Pęczalska, and A. Kasperlik-Załuska, “Antibodies directed against adrenal glands in Addison's and Cushing's diseases,” Polskie Archiwum Medycyny Wewnetrznej, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 485–491, 1971.
- O. Ekwall, H. Hedstrand, L. Grimelius, et al., “Identification of tryptophan hydroxylase as an intestinal autoantigen,” The Lancet, vol. 352, no. 9124, pp. 279–283, 1998.
- M. M. Erichsen, K. Lovas, B. Skinningsrud, et al., “Clinical, immunological, and genetic features of autoimmune primary adrenal insufficiency: observations from a Norwegian registry,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 94, no. 12, pp. 4882–4890, 2009.
- S. Soule, “Addison's disease in Africa—a teaching hospital experience,” Clinical Endocrinology, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 115–120, 1999.
- M. F. Kong and W. Jeffcoate, “Eighty-six cases of Addison's disease,” Clinical Endocrinology, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 757–761, 1994.
- P. M. J. Zelissen, E. J. E. G. Bast, and R. J. M. Croughs, “Associated autoimmunity in Addison's disease,” Journal of Autoimmunity, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 121–130, 1995.
- A. Falorni, S. Laureti, A. de Bellis, et al., “Italian addison network study: update of diagnostic criteria for the etiological classification of primary adrenal insufficiency,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 89, no. 4, pp. 1598–1604, 2004.
- O. Winqvist, F. A. Karlsson, and O. Kämpe, “21-hydroxylase, a major autoantigen in idiopathic Addison's disease,” The Lancet, vol. 339, no. 8809, pp. 1559–1562, 1992.
- A. A. Kasperlik-Załuska, B. Czarnocka, and W. Jeske, “Addison's disease,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. In press.
- A. Söderbergh, F. Rorsman, M. Halonen, et al., “Autoantibodies against aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase identifies a subgroup of patients with Addison's disease,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 85, no. 1, pp. 460–463, 2000.
- A. G. Myhre, M. Halonen, P. Eskelin, et al., “Autoimmune polyendocrine syndrome type 1 (APS I) in Norway,” Clinical Endocrinology, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 211–217, 2001.
- A. Söderbergh, A. G. Myhre, O. Ekwall, et al., “Prevalence and clinical associations of 10 defined autoantibodies in autoimmune polyendocrine syndrome type I,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 89, no. 2, pp. 557–562, 2004.
- G. Johannsson, R. Bergthorsdottir, A. G. Nilsson, H. Lennernas, T. Hedner, and S. Skrtic, “Improving glucocorticoid replacement therapy using a novel modified-release hydrocortisone tablet: a pharmacokinetic study,” European Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 161, no. 1, pp. 119–130, 2009.