- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 189096, 16 pages
CD8+ T-Cell Deficiency, Epstein-Barr Virus Infection, Vitamin D Deficiency, and Steps to Autoimmunity: A Unifying Hypothesis
1School of Medicine, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
2Department of Neurology, Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital, Brisbane, QLD 4029, Australia
Received 18 August 2011; Revised 3 October 2011; Accepted 16 October 2011
Academic Editor: Corrado Betterle
Copyright © 2012 Michael P. Pender. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [21 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Michael P. Pender, Peter A. Csurhes, Casey M. M. Pfluger, and Scott R. Burrows, “CD8(+) T cells far predominate over CD4(+) T cells in healthy immune respon se to Epstein-Barr virus infected lymphoblastoid cell lines,” Blood, vol. 120, no. 25, pp. 5085–5087, 2012.
- Andreas Lossius, Jorunn N. Johansen, Oivind Torkildsen, Frode Vartdal, and Trygve Holmoy, “Epstein-Barr Virus in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Rheumatoid Arthritis an d Multiple Sclerosis-Association and Causation,” Viruses-Basel, vol. 4, no. 12, pp. 3701–3730, 2012.
- Johannes C. Nossent, Maureen Rischmueller, and Sue Lester, “Low Copy Number of the Fc-gamma Receptor 3B Gene FCGR3B Is a Risk Factor fo r Primary Sjogren's Syndrome,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 39, no. 11, pp. 2142–2147, 2012.
- Katherine A. Buzzard, Simon A. Broadley, and Helmut Butzkueven, “What do effective treatments for multiple sclerosis tell us about the molecular mechanisms involved in pathogenesis?,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 12665–12709, 2012.
- Eirini I. Rigopoulou, Daniel S. Smyk, Claire E. Matthews, Charalambos Billinis, Andrew K. Burroughs, Marco Lenzi, and Dimitrios P. Bogdanos, “Epstein-barr virus as a trigger of autoimmune liver diseases,” Advances in Virology, vol. 2012, 2012.
- Bruna Duque-Estrada, John P. Sundberg, Lloyd E. King, Yuval Ramot, Abraham Zlotogorski, Desmond J. Tobin, Ralf Paus, Shigeki Inui, Satoshi Itami, Antonella Tosti, Kevin J. Mcelwee, Amos Gilhar, Aviad Keren, Marta Bertolini, Yehuda Shoenfeld, Motonobu Nakamura, and Yoshiki Tokura, “What causes alopecia areata?: Section Editors: Ralf Paus, Manchester/Lübeck and Raymond Cho, San Francisco Controversies in Experimental Dermatology: What causes alopecia areata?,” Experimental Dermatology, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 609–626, 2013.
- Marina T. Van Leeuwen, Jennifer J. Turner, Michael O. Falster, Nicola S. Meagher, David J. Joske, Andrew E. Grulich, Graham G. Giles, and Claire M. Vajdic, “Latitude gradients for lymphoid neoplasm subtypes in Australia support an association with ultraviolet radiation exposure,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 133, no. 4, pp. 944–951, 2013.
- Michael F. Holick, Stefan Pilz, Carol L. Wagner, Bruce W. Hollis, William B. Grant, Yehuda Shoenfeld, Elisabeth Lerchbaum, David J. Llewellyn, Katharina Kienreich, and Maya Soni, “Vitamin D effects on musculoskeletal health, immunity, autoimmunity, cardio vascular disease, cancer, fertility, pregnancy, dementia and mortality-A re view of recent evidence,” Autoimmunity Reviews, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 976–989, 2013.
- Salou, Elong Ngono, Garcia, Michel, and Laplaud, “Adaptative immunity and pathophysiology of multiple sclerosis,” Revue de Medecine Interne, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 479–486, 2013.
- Carole Lunny, Jennifer A. Knopp-Sihota, and Shawn N. Fraser, “Surgery and risk for multiple sclerosis: a systematic review and meta-analy sis of case-control studies,” Bmc Neurology, vol. 13, 2013.
- Maurizio Cutolo, “Further emergent evidence for the vitamin D endocrine system involvement in autoimmune rheumatic disease risk and prognosis,” Annals of The Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 72, no. 4, pp. 473–475, 2013.
- B. Stuhlmueller, E. Feist, T. Haeupl, G. -R. Burmester, and N. Pipitone, “New aspects on the pathogenesis of myositis,” Zeitschrift Fur Rheumatologie, vol. 72, no. 3, pp. 209–+, 2013.
- Nourollah Ramroodi, Abbas Ali Niazi, Nima Sanadgol, Zohre Ganjali, and Vida Sarabandi, “Evaluation of reactive Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) in Iranian patient with dif ferent subtypes of multiple sclerosis (MS),” Brazilian Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 156–163, 2013.
- Julia Pakpoor, Gavin Giovannoni, and Sreeram V. Ramagopalan, “Epstein-Barr virus and multiple sclerosis: association or causation?,” Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 287–297, 2013.
- Michael A. Kron, Ahmed Metwali, Sanja Vodanovic-Jankovic, and David Elliott, “Nematode Asparaginyl-tRNA Synthetase Resolves Intestinal Inflammation in Mi ce with T-Cell Transfer Colitis,” Clinical And Vaccine Immunology, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 276–281, 2013.
- Timoklia Orfanidou, Pietro Invernizzi, Dimitrios P. Bogdanos, and Marco Lenzi, “Vitamin D in autoimmune liver disease,” Clinics and Research in Hepatology and Gastroenterology, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 535–545, 2013.
- Marcus W. Koch, Luanne M. Metz, Smriti M. Agrawal, and V. Wee Yong, “Environmental factors and their regulation of immunity in multiple sclerosi s,” Journal of The Neurological Sciences, vol. 324, no. 1-2, pp. 10–16, 2013.
- Hyun O. Kim, Hun Jin Oh, Jae Wook Lee, Pil-Sang Jang, Nack-Gyun Chung, Bin Cho, and Hack-Ki Kim, “Immune reconstitution after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in children: A single institution study of 59 patients,” Korean Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 26–31, 2013.
- Ana María Fernández, Victoria Fernández, Laura Leyva, Miguel Guerrero, and Oscar Fernández, “Microbes, immunity and multiple sclerosis: An update,” Current Immunology Reviews, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 31–43, 2013.
- Nancy Agmon-Levin, Fulvia Ceccarelli, Juan-Manuel Anaya, Carlo Perricone, and Guido Valesini, “Genetics and autoantibodies,” Immunologic Research, vol. 56, no. 2-3, pp. 206–219, 2013.
- Elisabeth Lampe, Jose Antonio Del Campo, Manuel Romero-Gomez, and Isidora Ranchal, “Association between vitamin D and hepatitis C virus infection: A meta-analy sis,” World Journal Of Gastroenterology, vol. 19, no. 35, pp. 5917–5924, 2013.