- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 189096, 16 pages
CD8+ T-Cell Deficiency, Epstein-Barr Virus Infection, Vitamin D Deficiency, and Steps to Autoimmunity: A Unifying Hypothesis
1School of Medicine, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
2Department of Neurology, Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital, Brisbane, QLD 4029, Australia
Received 18 August 2011; Revised 3 October 2011; Accepted 16 October 2011
Academic Editor: Corrado Betterle
Copyright © 2012 Michael P. Pender. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [28 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Michael P. Pender, Peter A. Csurhes, Casey M. M. Pfluger, and Scott R. Burrows, “CD8(+) T cells far predominate over CD4(+) T cells in healthy immune response to Epstein-Barr virus infected lymphoblastoid cell lines,” Blood, vol. 120, no. 25, pp. 5085–5087, 2012.
- Andreas Lossius, Jorunn N. Johansen, Oivind Torkildsen, Frode Vartdal, and Trygve Holmoy, “Epstein-Barr Virus in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Multiple Sclerosis-Association and Causation,” Viruses-Basel, vol. 4, no. 12, pp. 3701–3730, 2012.
- Johannes C. Nossent, Maureen Rischmueller, and Sue Lester, “Low Copy Number of the Fc-gamma Receptor 3B Gene FCGR3B Is a Risk Factor for Primary Sjogren's Syndrome,” Journal Of Rheumatology, vol. 39, no. 11, pp. 2142–2147, 2012.
- Katherine A. Buzzard, Simon A. Broadley, and Helmut Butzkueven, “What do effective treatments for multiple sclerosis tell us about the molecular mechanisms involved in pathogenesis?,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 12665–12709, 2012.
- Eirini I. Rigopoulou, Daniel S. Smyk, Claire E. Matthews, Charalambos Billinis, Andrew K. Burroughs, Marco Lenzi, and Dimitrios P. Bogdanos, “Epstein-barr virus as a trigger of autoimmune liver diseases,” Advances in Virology, vol. 2012, 2012.
- Bruna Duque-Estrada, John P. Sundberg, Lloyd E. King, Yuval Ramot, Abraham Zlotogorski, Desmond J. Tobin, Ralf Paus, Shigeki Inui, Satoshi Itami, Antonella Tosti, Kevin J. Mcelwee, Amos Gilhar, Aviad Keren, Marta Bertolini, Yehuda Shoenfeld, Motonobu Nakamura, and Yoshiki Tokura, “What causes alopecia areata?: Section Editors: Ralf Paus, Manchester/Lübeck and Raymond Cho, San Francisco Controversies in Experimental Dermatology: What causes alopecia areata?,” Experimental Dermatology, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 609–626, 2013.
- Salou, Elong Ngono, Garcia, Michel, and Laplaud, “Adaptative immunity and pathophysiology of multiple sclerosis,” Revue de Medecine Interne, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 479–486, 2013.
- Pawel Pludowski, Michael F. Holick, Stefan Pilz, Carol L. Wagner, Bruce W. Hollis, William B. Grant, Yehuda Shoenfeld, Elisabeth Lerchbaum, David J. Llewellyn, Katharina Kienreich, and Maya Soni, “Vitamin D effects on musculoskeletal health, immunity, autoimmunity, cardiovascular disease, cancer, fertility, pregnancy, dementia and mortality-A review of recent evidence,” Autoimmunity Reviews, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 976–989, 2013.
- Marina T. Van Leeuwen, Jennifer J. Turner, Michael O. Falster, Nicola S. Meagher, David J. Joske, Andrew E. Grulich, Graham G. Giles, and Claire M. Vajdic, “Latitude gradients for lymphoid neoplasm subtypes in Australia support an association with ultraviolet radiation exposure,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 133, no. 4, pp. 944–951, 2013.
- Carole Lunny, Jennifer A. Knopp-Sihota, and Shawn N. Fraser, “Surgery and risk for multiple sclerosis: a systematic review and meta-analysis of case-control studies,” Bmc Neurology, vol. 13, 2013.
- B. Stuhlmueller, E. Feist, T. Haeupl, G. -R. Burmester, and N. Pipitone, “New aspects on the pathogenesis of myositis,” Zeitschrift Fur Rheumatologie, vol. 72, no. 3, pp. 209–+, 2013.
- Maurizio Cutolo, “Further emergent evidence for the vitamin D endocrine system involvement in autoimmune rheumatic disease risk and prognosis,” Annals Of The Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 72, no. 4, pp. 473–475, 2013.
- Nourollah Ramroodi, Abbas Ali Niazi, Nima Sanadgol, Zohre Ganjali, and Vida Sarabandi, “Evaluation of reactive Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) in Iranian patient with different subtypes of multiple sclerosis (MS),” Brazilian Journal Of Infectious Diseases, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 156–163, 2013.
- Julia Pakpoor, Gavin Giovannoni, and Sreeram V. Ramagopalan, “Epstein-Barr virus and multiple sclerosis: association or causation?,” Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 287–297, 2013.
- Michael A. Kron, Ahmed Metwali, Sanja Vodanovic-Jankovic, and David Elliott, “Nematode Asparaginyl-tRNA Synthetase Resolves Intestinal Inflammation in Mice with T-Cell Transfer Colitis,” Clinical And Vaccine Immunology, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 276–281, 2013.
- C. Yuste, M. Rapalai, B. A. Pritchard, T. J. Jones, C. Amoasii, A. Al-Ansari, and S. B. Ramakrishna, “Overlap between dermatomyositis and ANCA vasculitides,” Clinical Kidney Journal, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 59–61, 2013.
- Timoklia Orfanidou, Pietro Invernizzi, Dimitrios P. Bogdanos, and Marco Lenzi, “Vitamin D in autoimmune liver disease,” Clinics and Research in Hepatology and Gastroenterology, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 535–545, 2013.
- Marcus W. Koch, Luanne M. Metz, Smriti M. Agrawal, and V. Wee Yong, “Environmental factors and their regulation of immunity in multiple sclerosis,” Journal Of The Neurological Sciences, vol. 324, no. 1-2, pp. 10–16, 2013.
- Hyun O. Kim, Hun Jin Oh, Jae Wook Lee, Pil-Sang Jang, Nack-Gyun Chung, Bin Cho, and Hack-Ki Kim, “Immune reconstitution after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in children: A single institution study of 59 patients,” Korean Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 26–31, 2013.
- Isidora Ranchal, Manuel Romero-Gomez, Jose Antonio Del Campo, Livia Melo Villar, and Elisabeth Lampe, “Association between vitamin D and hepatitis C virus infection: A meta-analysis,” World Journal Of Gastroenterology, vol. 19, no. 35, pp. 5917–5924, 2013.
- Ana María Fernández, Victoria Fernández, Laura Leyva, Miguel Guerrero, and Oscar Fernández, “Microbes, immunity and multiple sclerosis: An update,” Current Immunology Reviews, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 31–43, 2013.
- Fulvia Ceccarelli, Juan-Manuel Anaya, Carlo Perricone, Guido Valesini, Nancy Agmon-Levin, and Yehuda Shoenfeld, “Genetics and autoantibodies,” Immunologic Research, vol. 56, no. 2-3, pp. 206–219, 2013.
- Marek Jankowski, Rafal Czajkowski, Kinga Scibior, Robert A. Schwartz, and Rafal Czajkowski, “Coexistence of psoriasis vulgaris and vitiligo with bullous pemphigoid: a case report,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 53, no. 7, pp. e359–e361, 2014.
- Sean R. Maloney, David Almarines, and Paula Goolkasian, “Vitamin D Levels and Monospot Tests in Military Personnel with Acute Pharyngitis: A Retrospective Chart Review,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 7, 2014.
- Sonia Berrih-Aknin, “Myasthenia Gravis: Paradox versus paradigm in autoimmunity,” Journal of Autoimmunity, 2014.
- Maria Anagnostouli, Georgios Anagnostoulis, Serafeim Katsavos, Maria Panagiotou, Evangelia Kararizou, and Panagiota Davaki, “HLA-DRB1*15:01 and Epstein-Barr virus in a multiple sclerosis patient with psoriasis, nasopharyngeal and breast cancers. Lessons for possible hidden links for autoimmunity and cancer,” Journal of The Neurological Sciences, vol. 339, no. 1-2, pp. 26–31, 2014.
- Yongjing Cheng, Yuling Chen, Xiaolin Sun, Yuhui Li, Cibo Huang, Haiteng Deng, and Zhanguo Li, “Identification of Potential Serum Biomarkers for Rheumatoid Arthritis by High-Resolution Quantitative Proteomic Analysis,” Inflammation, 2014.
- L. Fogagnolo, T. C. B. Soares, C. G. Senna, E. M. Souza, M. H. S. L. Blotta, and M. L. Cintra, “Cytotoxic granules in distinct subsets of cutaneous lupus erythematosus,” Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, vol. 39, no. 7, pp. 835–839, 2014.