- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Applied and Environmental Soil Science
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 751956, 11 pages
Quantitative Analysis of Total Petroleum Hydrocarbons in Soils: Comparison between Reflectance Spectroscopy and Solvent Extraction by 3 Certified Laboratories
1Porter School of Environmental Studies, Tel-Aviv University, Tel-Aviv 69978, Israel
2Remote Sensing Laboratory, Tel-Aviv University, Tel-Aviv 69978, Israel
3Geography and Human Environment Department, Tel-Aviv University, P.O. Box 39040, Tel-Aviv 69978, Israel
4The Soil Erosion Research Station, Ruppin Institute, Emeck Hefer 40250, Israel
Received 9 January 2012; Revised 29 March 2012; Accepted 3 April 2012
Academic Editor: Jose Alexandre Melo Dematte
Copyright © 2012 Guy Schwartz et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Alexandra Chudnovsky, Maxim Shoshany, and Naftaly Goldshleger, “Monitoring of agricultural soil degradation by remote-sensing methods: a review,” International Journal of Remote Sensing, vol. 34, no. 17, pp. 6152–6181, 2013.
- Reuben Nwomandah Okparanma, and Abdul Mounem Mouazen, “Determination of Total Petroleum Hydrocarbon (TPH) and Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon (PAH) in Soils: A Review of Spectroscopic and Nonspectroscopic Techniques,” Applied Spectroscopy Reviews, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 458–486, 2013.
- Reuben N. Okparanma, and Abdul M. Mouazen, “Combined Effects of Oil Concentration, Clay and Moisture Contents on Diffuse Reflectance Spectra of Diesel-Contaminated Soils,” Water, Air, & Soil Pollution, vol. 224, no. 5, 2013.
- Reuben N. Okparanma, and Abdul M. Mouazen, “Visible and Near-Infrared Spectroscopy Analysis of a Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon in Soils,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Nima Ahmadian, Sayeh Hasan, and Om Prakash Narayan Calla, “Permittivity and Backscattering Coefficient of Diesel Oil-Contaminated Soil at C Band (5.3 GHz),” International Journal of Microwave Science and Technology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Somsubhra Chakraborty, David C. Weindorf, Bin Li, Md. Nasim Ali, K. Majumdar, and D.P. Ray, “Analysis of petroleum contaminated soils by spectral modeling and pure response profile recovery of n-hexane,” Environmental Pollution, vol. 190, pp. 10–18, 2014.
- A. B. Khan, and S. Kathi, “Evaluation of heavy metal and total petroleum hydrocarbon contamination of roadside surface soil,” International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 2259–2270, 2014.
- Reuben N. Okparanma, Frederic Coulon, and Abdul M. Mouazen, “Analysis of petroleum-contaminated soils by diffuse reflectance spectroscopy and sequential ultrasonic solvent extraction–gas chromatography,” Environmental Pollution, vol. 184, pp. 298–305, 2014.
- A. Horta, B. Malone, U. Stockmann, B. Minasny, T.F.A. Bishop, A.B. McBratney, R. Pallasser, and L. Pozza, “Potential of integrated field spectroscopy and spatial analysis for enhanced assessment of soil contamination: A prospective review,” Geoderma, vol. 241-242, pp. 180–209, 2015.