- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Applied and Environmental Soil Science
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 971252, 20 pages
A Comparison of Feature-Based MLR and PLS Regression Techniques for the Prediction of Three Soil Constituents in a Degraded South African Ecosystem
1Department of Land Surface, German Remote Sensing Data Center (DFD), German Aerospace Center (DLR), Oberpfaffenhofen, 82234 Weßling, Germany
2Remote Sensing Section, Department of Geodesy and Remote Sensing, German Research Centre for Geosciences (GFZ), Telegrafenberg, 14473 Potsdam, Germany
Received 16 February 2012; Revised 20 April 2012; Accepted 21 May 2012
Academic Editor: Eyal Ben-Dor
Copyright © 2012 Anita Bayer et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Nurhussen Mehammednur Seid, Birru Yitaferu, Kibebew Kibret, and Feras Ziadat, “Soil-Landscape Modeling and Remote Sensing to Provide Spatial Representation of Soil Attributes for an Ethiopian Watershed,” Applied and Environmental Soil Science, vol. 2013, pp. 1–11, 2013.
- M. C. Sarathjith, B. S. Das, S. P. Wani, and K. L. Sahrawat, “Dependency Measures for Assessing the Covariation of Spectrally Active and Inactive Soil Properties in Diffuse Reflectance Spectroscopy,” Soil Science Society of America Journal, vol. 78, no. 5, pp. 1522–1530, 2014.
- Arlena Brosinsky, Saskia Foerster, Karl Segl, and Hermann Kaufmann, “Spectral fingerprinting: sediment source discrimination and contribution modelling of artificial mixtures based on VNIR-SWIR spectral properties,” Journal of Soils and Sediments, 2014.
- M. C. Sarathjith, Bhabani S. Das, Hitesh B. Vasava, Biswajita Mohanty, Anand S. Sahadevan, Suhas P. Wani, and Kanwar L. Sahrawat, “Diffuse Reflectance Spectroscopic Approach for the Characterization of Soil Aggregate Size Distribution,” Soil Science Society of America Journal, vol. 78, no. 2, pp. 369–376, 2014.
- Dries Verheyen, Jan Diels, Endalkachew Kissi, and Jean Poesen, “The use of visible and near-infrared reflectance measurements for identifying the source of suspended sediment in rivers and comparison with geochemical fingerprinting,” Journal of Soils and Sediments, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 1869–1885, 2014.
- Radim Vašát, Radka Kodešová, Luboš Borůvka, Aleš Klement, Ondřej Jakšík, and Asa Gholizadeh, “Consideration of peak parameters derived from continuum-removed spectra to predict extractable nutrients in soils with visible and near-infrared diffuse reflectance spectroscopy (VNIR-DRS),” Geoderma, vol. 232-234, pp. 208–218, 2014.
- Sarah Malec, Derek Rogge, Uta Heiden, Arturo Sanchez-Azofeifa, Martin Bachmann, and Martin Wegmann, “Capability of Spaceborne Hyperspectral EnMAP Mission for Mapping Fractional Cover for Soil Erosion Modeling,” Remote Sensing, vol. 7, no. 9, pp. 11776–11800, 2015.
- Grégoire H.G. Kerr, Christian Fischer, and Ralf Reulke, “A data-driven approach to quality assessment for hyperspectral systems,” Computers & Geosciences, 2015.
- Radim Vasat, Radka Kodesova, Lubos Boruvka, Ondrej Jaksik, Ales Klement, and Ondrej Drabek, “Absorption Features in Soil Spectra Assessment,” Applied Spectroscopy, vol. 69, no. 12, pp. 1425–1431, 2015.
- C. Gomez, A. P. A. Drost, and J. -M. Roger, “Analysis of the uncertainties affecting predictions of clay contents from VNIR/SWIR hyperspectral data,” Remote Sensing Of Environment, vol. 156, pp. 58–70, 2015.
- W. Ouerghemmi, C. Gomez, S. Naceur, and P. Lagacherie, “Semi-blind source separation for the estimation of the clay content over semi-vegetated areas using VNIR/SWIR hyperspectral airborne data,” Remote Sensing of Environment, vol. 181, pp. 251–263, 2016.
- M.C. Sarathjith, Bhabani Sankar Das, Suhas P. Wani, and Kanwar L. Sahrawat, “Variable indicators for optimum wavelength selection in diffuse reflectance spectroscopy of soils,” Geoderma, vol. 267, pp. 1–9, 2016.
- R.A. Viscarra Rossel, T. Behrens, E. Ben-Dor, D.J. Brown, J.A.M. Demattê, K.D. Shepherd, Z. Shi, B. Stenberg, A. Stevens, V. Adamchuk, H. Aïchi, B.G. Barthès, H.M. Bartholomeus, A.D. Bayer, M. Bernoux, K. Böttcher, L. Brodský, C.W. Du, A. Chappell, Y. Fouad, V. Genot, C. Gomez, S. Grunwald, A. Gubler, C. Guerrero, C.B. Hedley, M. Knadel, H.J.M. Morrás, M. Nocita, L. Ramirez-Lopez, P. Roudier, E.M. Rufasto Campos, P. Sanborn, V.M. Sellitto, K.A. Sudduth, B.G. Rawlins, C. Walter, L.A. Winowiecki, S.Y. Hong, and W. Ji, “A global spectral library to characterize the world’s soil,” Earth-Science Reviews, 2016.