- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Applied and Environmental Soil Science
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 268768, 7 pages
Molecular Identification of Fungal Communities in a Soil Cultivated with Vegetables and Soil Suppressiveness to Rhizoctonia solani
Departamento de Tecnologia, Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP/FCAV), Acesso Prof. Dr. Paulo Donato Castellane S/N, 14884-900 Jaboticabal, SP, Brazil
Received 20 March 2013; Revised 15 June 2013; Accepted 1 July 2013
Academic Editor: Philip J. White
Copyright © 2013 Silvana Pompéia Val-Moraes et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. H. Buckley and T. M. Schmidt, “The structure of microbial communities in soil and the lasting impact of cultivation,” Microbial Ecology, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 11–21, 2001.
- J. I. Mitchell and A. Zuccaro, “Sequences, the environment and fungi,” Mycologist, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 62–74, 2006.
- K. Ritz and I. M. Young, “Interactions between soil structure and fungi,” Mycologist, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 52–59, 2004.
- M. A. Liebig, D. L. Tanaka, and B. J. Wienhold, “Tillage and cropping effects on soil quality indicators in the Northern Great Plains,” Soil and Tillage Research, vol. 78, no. 2, pp. 131–141, 2004.
- V. Torsvik and L. Øvreås, “Microbial diversity and function in soil: from genes to ecosystems,” Current Opinion in Microbiology, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 240–245, 2002.
- R. M. Pereira, E. L. da Silveira, D. C. Scaquitto et al., “Molecular characterization of bacterial populations of different soils,” Brazilian Journal of Microbiology, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 439–447, 2006.
- E. L. da Silveira, R. M. Pereira, D. C. Scaquitto et al., “Bacterial diversity of soil under eucalyptus assessed by 16S rDNA sequencing analysis,” Pesquisa Agropecuária Brasileira, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 1507–1516, 2006.
- S. P. Val-Moraes, M. J. Valarini, R. Ghini, E. G. M. Lemos, and L. M. Carareto-Alves, “Diversidade de bactérias de solo sob vegetação natural e cultivo de hortaliças,” Revista Ciência Agronômica, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 7–16, 2009.
- E. A. N. Pedrinho, E. G. M. Lemos, R. M. Pereira et al., “Avaliação do impacto do lodo de esgoto na microbiota do solo utilizando o gene 16s rRNA,” Arquivos do Instituto Biológico, São Paulo, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 443–448, 2009.
- R. Ghini and M. M. H. Zaroni, “Relação entre coberturas vegetais e supressividade de solos a Rhizoctonia solani,” Fitopatologia Brasileira, vol. 26, pp. 10–15, 2001.
- B. van Raij, J. C. de Andrade, H. Cantarella, and J. A. Quaggio, Análise Química Para Avaliação da fertilidade de Solos Tropicais, Instituto Agronômico, Campinas, Brasil, 2001.
- J. P. Martin, “Use of acid, rose Bengal and streptomycin in the plate method for estimating soil fungi,” Soil Science, vol. 69, pp. 215–232, 1950.
- E. Smit, P. Leeflang, B. Glandorf, J. D. Van Elsas, and K. Wernars, “Analysis of fungal diversity in the wheat rhizosphere by sequencing of cloned PCR-amplified genes encoding 18S rRNA and temperature gradient gel electrophoresis,” Applied and Environmental Microbiology, vol. 65, no. 6, pp. 2614–2621, 1999.
- J. Sambrook, E. F. Fritsch, and T. Maniatis, “Gel electrophoresis of DNA,” in Molecular Cloning Laboratory Manual, C. Nolan, Ed., vol. 1, pp. 6.1–6.62, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- B. Ewing, L. Hillier, M. C. Wendl, and P. Green, “Base-calling of automated sequencer traces using phred. I. accuracy assessment,” Genome Research, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 175–185, 1998.
- S. F. Altschul, T. L. Madden, A. A. Schäffer et al., “Gapped BLAST and PSI-BLAST: a new generation of protein database search programs,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 25, no. 17, pp. 3389–3402, 1997.
- J. D. Thompson, D. G. Higgins, and T. J. Gibson, “Clustal W: improving the sensitivity of progressive multiple sequence alignment through sequence weighting, position specific gap penalties and weight matrix choice,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 22, no. 22, pp. 4673–4680, 1994.
- P. Hall, BioEdit—Version 5.0.6. Raleigh, North Carolina State University, Department of Microbiology, 2001.
- K. Tamura, D. Peterson, N. Peterson, G. Stecher, M. Nei, and S. Kumar, “MEGA5: molecular evolutionary genetics analysis using maximum likelihood, evolutionary distance, and maximum parsimony methods,” Molecular Biology and Evolution, vol. 28, no. 10, pp. 2731–2739, 2011.
- D. Swofford, G. Olsen, P. Waddel, and M. Hillis, “Phylogenetic inference,” in Molecular Systematics, D. M. Hills, C. Mortiz, and B. K. Mable, Eds., pp. 407–514, Sinauer Association, Sunderland, Mass, USA, 1996.
- M. Nei, “Genetic distance between populations,” American Naturalist, vol. 106, no. 949, pp. 283–292, 1972.
- M. Nei and S. Kumar, Molecular Evolution and Phylogenetics, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 2000.
- S. Schneider, D. Roeslli, and L. Excoffier, ARLEQUIN: Software for Population Genetics Data Analysis. Version 2.000, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland, 2000.
- A. P. Martin, “Phylogenetic approaches for describing and comparing the diversity of microbial communities,” Applied and Environmental Microbiology, vol. 68, no. 8, pp. 3673–3682, 2002.
- M. C. Jahnel, E. J. B. N. Cardoso, and C. T. S. Dias, “Determinação do número mais provável de microrganismos do solo pelo método de plaqueamento por gotas,” Revista Brasileira de Ciência do Solo, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 553–559, 1999.
- T. H. Jukes and C. R. Cantor, “Evolution of protein molecules,” in Mammalian Protein Metabolism, H. N. Munro, Ed., pp. 21–132, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1969.
- J. Felsenstein, “Confidence limits on phylogenies: an approach using the bootstrap,” Evolution, vol. 39, pp. 783–791, 1985.
- M. Körschens, “Soil organic matter and environmental protection,” Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science, vol. 50, pp. 3–9, 2004.
- A. D. Halvorson, B. J. Wienhold, and A. L. Black, “Tillage, nitrogen, and cropping system effects on soil carbon sequestration,” Soil Science Society of America Journal, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 906–912, 2002.
- D. W. Reeves, “The role of soil organic matter in maintaining soil quality in continuous cropping systems,” Soil and Tillage Research, vol. 43, no. 1-2, pp. 131–167, 1997.
- K. R. Olson, S. A. Ebelhar, and J. M. Lang, “Effects of 24 years of conservation tillage systems on soil organic carbon and soil productivity,” Applied and Environmental Soil Science, vol. 2013, Article ID 617504, 10 pages, 2013.
- F. A. A. M. de Ley and J. M. Lynch, “Functional diversity of the rhizosphere,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop on Plant-Growth Promoting Rhizobacteria, A. Ogoshi, K. Kobayashi, Y. Homma, F. Kadoma, N. Kondo, and S. Akico, Eds., pp. 38–43, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, Paris, France, 1997.
- K. Hedlund, “Soil microbial community structure in relation to vegetation management on former agricultural land,” Soil Biology and Biochemistry, vol. 34, no. 9, pp. 1299–1307, 2002.
- S. J. Grayston, G. S. Griffith, J. L. Mawdsley, C. D. Campbell, and R. D. Bardgett, “Accounting for variability in soil microbial communities of temperate upland grassland ecosystems,” Soil Biology and Biochemistry, vol. 33, no. 4-5, pp. 533–551, 2001.
- J. S. States, “Useful criteria in the description of fungal communities,” in The Fungal Community, D. T. Wicklow and G. C. Carroll, Eds., pp. 185–200, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1981.
- L. M. Zavatti and R. B. Abakerli, “Resíduos de agrotóxicos em frutos,” Pesquisa Agropecuária Brasileira, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 473–480, 1999.
- A. Nesci, G. Barros, C. Castillo, and M. Etcheverry, “Soil fungal population in preharvest maize ecosystem in different tillage practices in Argentina,” Soil and Tillage Research, vol. 91, no. 1-2, pp. 143–149, 2006.
- H. Swer, M. S. Dkhar, and H. Kayang, “Fungal population and diversity in organically amended agricultural soils of Meghalaya, India,” Journal of Organic Systems, vol. 6, no. 2, 2011.
- D. A. Wardle, “A comparative assessment of factors which influence microbial biomass carbon and nitrogen levels in soil,” Biological Reviews of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, vol. 67, no. 3, pp. 321–358, 1992.
- G. D. Bending, M. K. Turner, and J. E. Jones, “Interactions between crop residue and soil organic matter quality and the functional diversity of soil microbial communities,” Soil Biology and Biochemistry, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 1073–1082, 2002.
- R. G. Burns, “Enzyme activity in soil: location and a possible role in microbial ecology,” Soil Biology and Biochemistry, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 423–427, 1982.
- J. Borneman, P. W. Skroch, K. M. O'Sullivan et al., “Molecular microbial diversity of an agricultural soil in Wisconsin,” Applied and Environmental Microbiology, vol. 62, no. 6, pp. 1935–1943, 1996.