- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Applied and Environmental Soil Science
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 510278, 8 pages
Monometal and Competitive Adsorption of Cd, Ni, and Zn in Soil Treated with Different Contents of Cow Manure
Department of Soil Science, Faculty of Agriculture, Shahid Chamran University, Ahvaz, Iran
Received 5 March 2013; Accepted 3 June 2013
Academic Editor: Leonid Perelomov
Copyright © 2013 Mostafa Chorom et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Kuo, M. S. Lai, and C. W. Lin, “Influence of solution acidity and CaCl2 concentration on the removal of heavy metals from metal-contaminated rice soils,” Environmental Pollution, vol. 144, no. 3, pp. 918–925, 2006.
- M. A. E. Ramadan and E. A. Al-Ashkar, “The effect of different fertilizers on the heavy metals in soil and tomato plant,” Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, vol. 1, pp. 300–306, 2007.
- D. L. Baker, “Copper,” in Heavy Metals in Soils, B. J. Alloway, Ed., pp. 151–176, Blackie, London, UK, 1990.
- W. R. Berti and L. W. Jacobs, “Distribution of trace elements in soil from repeated sewage sludge applications,” Journal of Environmental Quality, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 1280–1286, 1998.
- P. S. Hooda and B. J. Alloway, “Effects of time and temperature on the bioavailability of Cd and Pb from sludge-amended soils,” Soil Science, vol. 44, pp. 97–110, 1993.
- L. Zhenbin and L. M. Shuman, “Redistribution of forms of zinc, cadmium and nickel in soils treated with EDTA,” Science of the Total Environment, vol. 191, no. 1-2, pp. 95–107, 1996.
- V. Antoniadis and B. J. Alloway, “The role of dissolved organic carbon in the mobility of Cd, Ni and Zn in sewage sludge-amended soils,” Environmental Pollution, vol. 117, no. 3, pp. 515–521, 2002.
- J. J. Msaky and R. Calvet, “Adsorption behavior of copper and zinc in soils: influence of pH on adsorption characteristics,” Soil Science, vol. 150, no. 2, pp. 513–522, 1990.
- Å. Almås, B. R. Singh, and B. Salbu, “Mobility of cadmium-109 and zinc-65 in soil influenced by equilibration time, temperature, and organic matter,” Journal of Environmental Quality, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 1742–1750, 1999.
- R. P. Narwal and B. R. Singh, “Effect of organic materials on partitioning, extractability and plant uptake of metals in an alum shale soil,” Water, Air, and Soil Pollution, vol. 103, no. 1–4, pp. 405–421, 1998.
- S. M. Ross, “Retention, transformation and mobility of toxic metals in soils,” in Toxic Metals in Soil-Plant Systems, S. M. Ross, Ed., pp. 63–152, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1994.
- L. M. Shuman, “Organic waste amendments effect on zinc fractions of two soils,” Journal of Environmental Quality, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 1442–1447, 1999.
- S. Staunton, “Direct and indirect effects of organic matter on metal immobilisation in soil,” Developments in Soil Science, vol. 28, pp. 79–97, 2002.
- D. J. Walker, R. Clemente, A. Roig, and M. P. Bernal, “The effects of soil amendments on heavy metal bioavailability in two contaminated Mediterranean soils,” Environmental Pollution, vol. 122, no. 2, pp. 303–312, 2003.
- V. Antoniadis, J. S. Robinson, and B. J. Alloway, “Effects of short-term pH fluctuations on cadmium, nickel, lead, and zinc availability to ryegrass in a sewage sludge-amended field,” Chemosphere, vol. 71, no. 4, pp. 759–764, 2008.
- G. M. Hettiarachchi, J. A. Ryan, R. L. Chaney, and C. M. la Fleur, “Sorption and desorption of cadmium by different fractions of biosolids-amended soils,” Journal of Environmental Quality, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 1684–1693, 2003.
- G. R. Aiken, D. M. McKnight, and R. L. Wershaw, Humic Substances in Soil, Sediment, and Water, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1985.
- R. Clemente, Á. Escolar, and M. P. Bernal, “Heavy metals fractionation and organic matter mineralisation in contaminated calcareous soil amended with organic materials,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 97, no. 15, pp. 1894–1901, 2006.
- Y. Chen, “Organic matter reactions involving micronutrients in soils and their effect on plants,” in Humic Substances in Terrestrial Ecosystems, A. Piccolo, Ed., pp. 507–530, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1996.
- R. D. Harter, “Competitive sorption of cobalt, copper, and nickel ions by a calcium- saturated soil,” Soil Science Society of America Journal, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 444–449, 1992.
- N. T. Basta and M. A. Tabatabai, “Effect of cropping systems on adsorption of metals by soils: III. Competitive adsorption,” Soil Science, vol. 153, no. 4, pp. 331–337, 1992.
- B. Zhu and A. K. Alva, “Differential adsorption of trace metals by soils as influenced by exchangeable cations and ionic strength,” Soil Science, vol. 155, no. 1, pp. 61–66, 1993.
- M. T. Morera, J. C. Echeverría, C. Mazkiarán, and J. J. Garrido, “Isotherms and sequential extraction procedures for evaluating sorption and distribution of heavy metals in soils,” Environmental Pollution, vol. 113, no. 2, pp. 135–144, 2001.
- M. S. Yoo and B. R. James, “Zinc extractability as a function of pH in organic waste-amended soils,” Soil Science, vol. 167, no. 4, pp. 246–259, 2002.
- R. D. Harter, “Micronutrient adsorption-desorption reactions in soils,” in Micronutrients in Agriculture, J. J. Mortvedt, F. R. Cox, L. H. Shuman, and R. H. Welch, Eds., vol. 4 of SSSA Book Series, pp. 59–87, SSSA, Madison, Wis, USA, 2nd edition, 1991.
- G. Sposito, The Chemistry of Soils, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- N. T. Basta and J. J. Sloan, “Bioavailablility of heavy metals in strongly acidic soils treated with exceptional quality biosolids,” Journal of Environmental Quality, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 633–638, 1999.
- S. Brown, B. Christensen, E. Lombi et al., “An inter-laboratory study to test the ability of amendments to reduce the availability of Cd, Pb, and Zn in situ,” Environmental Pollution, vol. 138, no. 1, pp. 34–45, 2005.
- A. Karaca, “Effect of organic wastes on the extractability of cadmium, copper, nickel, and zinc in soil,” Geoderma, vol. 122, no. 2–4, pp. 297–303, 2004.
- F. Haghiri, “Plant uptake of cadmium as influenced by cation exchange capacity, organic matter, zinc, and soil temperature,” Journal of Environmental Quality, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 180–183, 1974.
- G. Petruzzelli, G. Guidi, and L. Lubrano, “Organic matter as an influencing factor on copper and cadmium adsorption by soils,” Water, Air, and Soil Pollution, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 263–269, 1978.
- J. O. Agbenin and L. A. Olojo, “Competitive adsorption of copper and zinc by a horizon of a savanna Alfisol as affected by pH and selective removal of hydrous oxides and organic matter,” Geoderma, vol. 119, no. 1-2, pp. 85–95, 2004.
- Y. Yin, C. A. Impellitteri, S.-J. You, and H. E. Allen, “The importance of organic matter distribution and extract soil: solution ratio on the desorption of heavy metals from soils,” Science of the Total Environment, vol. 287, no. 1-2, pp. 107–119, 2002.
- D. J. Walker, R. Clemente, and M. P. Bernal, “Contrasting effects of manure and compost on soil pH, heavy metal availability and growth of Chenopodium album L. in a soil contaminated by pyritic mine waste,” Chemosphere, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 215–224, 2004.
- N. Ram and M. Verloo, “Effect of various organic materials on the mobility of heavy metals in soil,” Environmental Pollution B, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 241–248, 1985.
- V. Antoniadis, C. D. Tsadilas, and D. J. Ashworth, “Monometal and competitive adsorption of heavy metals by sewage sludge-amended soil,” Chemosphere, vol. 68, no. 3, pp. 489–494, 2007.
- N. C. Uren, “Forms, reactions, and availability of nickel in soils,” in Advances in Agronomy, D. L. Sparks, Ed., vol. 48, pp. 141–203, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1992.
- U. K. Saha, S. Taniguchi, and K. Sakurai, “Simultaneous adsorption of cadmium, zinc, and lead on hydroxyaluminum- and hydroxyaluminosilicate-montmorillonite complexes,” Soil Science Society of America Journal, vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 117–128, 2002.