- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Applied and Environmental Soil Science
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 530732, 10 pages
Correcting Inaccurately Recorded Data due to Faulty Calibration of a Capacitance Water Content Probe
Alamoudi Water Chair, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
Received 17 April 2013; Revised 28 May 2013; Accepted 12 June 2013
Academic Editor: Davey Jones
Copyright © 2013 Mohammad N. ElNesr et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. R. Evett, J. A. Tolk, and T. A. Howell, “Soil profile water content determination: sensor accuracy, axial response, calibration, temperature dependence, and precision,” Vadose Zone Journal, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 894–907, 2006.
- S. Evett, P. Cepuder, L. K. Heng, C. Hignett, J. P. Laurent, and P. Ruelle, Field Estimation of Soil Water Content: A Practical Guide to Methods, Instrumentation and Sensor Technology, International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna, Austria, 2008.
- S. R. Evett, L. K. Heng, P. Moutonnet, and M. L. Nguyen, Field Estimation of Soil Water Content: A Practical Guide to Methods, Instrumentation and Sensor Technology, IAEA-TCS-30, International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna, Austria, 2008.
- K. T. Morgan, L. R. Parsons, T. A. Wheaton, D. J. Pitts, and T. A. Obreza, “Field calibration of a capacitance water content probe in fine sand soils,” Soil Science Society of America Journal, vol. 63, no. 4, pp. 987–989, 1999.
- A. G. Smajstrla and D. S. Harrison, Tensiometers for Soil Water Measurement and Irrigation Scheduling, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, 8 pages, 1998, http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ae146.
- S. R. Evett, “Measuring soil water by neutron thermalization,” in Encyclopedia of Water Science, B. A. Stewart and T. A. Howell, Eds., pp. 889–893, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- C. Hignett and S. Evett, “Electrical resistance sensors for soil water tension estimates,” in Field Estimation of Soil Water Content: A Practical Guide to Methods, Instrumentation and Sensor Technology, S. R. Evett, L. K. Heng, P. Moutonnet, et al., Eds., chapter 9, pp. 123–129, 2008.
- S. R. Evett, T. A. Howell, and J. A. Tolk, “Time domain reflectometry laboratory calibration in travel time, bulk electrical conductivity, and effective frequency,” Vadose Zone Journal, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 1020–1029, 2005.
- M. N. ElNesr, Subsurface drip irrigation system development and modeling of wetting pattern distribution [Ph.D. thesis], Alexandria University, 2006.
- J. Jabro, B. Leib, and A. Jabro, “Estimating soil water content using site-specific calibration of capacitance measurements from Sentek EnviroSCAN systems,” Applied Engineering in Agriculture, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 393–399, 2005.
- D. G. Hyams, CurveExpert pro software, 2010, http://www.curveexpert.net.
- R. L. Baumhardt, R. J. Lascano, and S. R. Evett, “Soil material, temperature, and salinity effects on calibration of multisensor capacitance probes,” Soil Science Society of America Journal, vol. 64, no. 6, pp. 1940–1946, 2000.
- N. T. Mazahrih, N. Katbeh-Bader, S. R. Evett, J. E. Ayars, and T. J. Trout, “Field calibration accuracy and utility of four down-hole water content sensors,” Vadose Zone Journal, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 992–1000, 2008.
- S. R. Evett, R. C. Schwartz, J. A. Tolk, and T. A. Howell, “Soil profile water content determination: spatiotemporal variability of electromagnetic and neutron probe sensors in access tubes,” Vadose Zone Journal, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 926–941, 2009.
- S. R. Evett, R. C. Schwartz, J. J. Casanova, and L. K. Heng, “Soil water sensing for water balance, ET and WUE,” Agricultural Water Management, vol. 104, pp. 1–9, 2012.