- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Applied and Environmental Soil Science
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 790795, 10 pages
Assessment of Copper and Zinc in Soils of a Vineyard Region in the State of São Paulo, Brazil
1Instituto Agronômico de Campinas, Avenida Barão de Itapura 1481, 13012-970 Campinas, SP, Brazil
2UFC/CCA, Departament de Ciências do Solo, Campus do Pici, Bloco 807, 12168, 60021-970 Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
3Embrapa Monitoramento por Satélite, Avenida Soldado Passarinho 303, Fazenda Chapadão, 13070-115 Campinas, SP, Brazil
Received 7 March 2013; Revised 16 July 2013; Accepted 20 August 2013
Academic Editor: María Cruz Díaz Álvarez
Copyright © 2013 Gláucia Cecília Gabrielli dos Santos et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Facchinelli, E. Sacchi, and L. Mallen, “Multivariate statistical and GIS-based approach to identify heavy metal sources in soils,” Environmental Pollution, vol. 114, no. 3, pp. 313–324, 2001.
- L. R. F. Alleoni, R. B. Borba, and O. A. Camargo, “Metais pesados: da cosmogênese aos solos brasileiros,” Tópicos em Ciência do Solo, vol. 4, pp. 1–42, 2005.
- F. A. Nicholson, S. R. Smith, B. J. Alloway, C. Carlton-Smith, and B. J. Chambers, “An inventory of heavy metals inputs to agricultural soils in England and Wales,” Science of the Total Environment, vol. 311, no. 1–3, pp. 205–219, 2003.
- V. Simeonov, J. A. Stratis, C. Samara et al., “Assessment of the surface water quality in Northern Greece,” Water Research, vol. 37, no. 17, pp. 4119–4124, 2003.
- J. F. G. P. Ramalho, N. M. B. Amaral Sobrinho, and A. C. X. Velloso, “Contaminação da microbacia de Caetés com metais pesados pelo uso de agroquímicos,” Pesquisa Agropecuária Brasileira, vol. 35, pp. 1289–1303, 2000.
- G. R. Nachtigall, R. C. Nogueirol, L. R. F. Alleoni, and M. A. Cambri, “Copper concentration of vineyard soils as a function of pH variation and addition of poultry litter,” Brazilian Archives of Biology and Technology, vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 941–948, 2007.
- D. Fernandez-Calviño, J. C. Nóvoa-Muñoz, M. Diaz-Raviña, and M. Arias-Estévez, “Cooper accumulation and fractionation in vineyard soils from temperate humid zone (NW Iberian Penninsula),” Geoderma, vol. 153, no. 1-2, pp. 119–129, 2009.
- M. C. Ramos and M. López-Acevedo, “Zinc levels in vineyard soils from the Alt Penedès-Anoia region (NE Spain) after compost application,” Advances in Environmental Research, vol. 8, no. 3-4, pp. 687–696, 2004.
- S. K. Gaw, A. L. Wilkins, N. D. Kim, G. T. Palmer, and P. Robinson, “Trace element and ΣDDT concentrations in horticultural soils from the Tasman, Waikato and Auckland regions of New Zealand,” Science of the Total Environment, vol. 355, no. 1–3, pp. 31–47, 2006.
- M. Komárek, E. Čadková, V. Chrastný, F. Bordas, and J. Bollinger, “Contamination of vineyard soils with fungicides: a review of environmental and toxicological aspects,” Environment International, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 138–151, 2010.
- N. Mirlean, A. Roisenberg, and J. O. Chies, “Metal contamination of vineyard soils in wet subtropics (southern Brazil),” Environmental Pollution, vol. 149, no. 1, pp. 10–17, 2007.
- E. Besnard, C. Chenu, and M. Robert, “Influence of organic amendments on copper distribution among particle-size and density fractions in Champagne vineyard soils,” Environmental Pollution, vol. 112, no. 3, pp. 329–337, 2001.
- B. R. Prasad, S. Basavaiah, A. Subba Rao, and I. V. Subba Rao, “Forms of copper in soils of grape orchards,” Journal of the Indian Society of Soil Science, vol. 32, pp. 318–322, 1984.
- A. M. Wightwick, S. A. Salzman, S. M. Reichman, G. Allinson, and N. W. Menzies, “Inter-regional variability in environmental availability of fungicide derived copper in vineyard soils: an Australian case study,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 449–457, 2010.
- K. Ito, Y. Uchiyama, N. Kurokami, K. Sugano, and Y. Nakanishi, “Soil acidification and decline of trees in forests within the precincts of shrines in Kyoto (Japan),” Water, Air, and Soil Pollution, vol. 214, no. 1–4, pp. 197–204, 2011.
- Y. Zhao, L. Duan, J. Xing, T. Larssen, C. P. Nielsen, and J. Hao, “Soil acidification in China: is controlling SO2 emissions enough?” Environmental Science and Technology, vol. 43, no. 21, pp. 8021–8026, 2009.
- C. J. Stevens, N. B. Dise, and D. J. Gowing, “Regional trends in soil acidification and exchangeable metal concentrations in relation to acid deposition rates,” Environmental Pollution, vol. 157, no. 1, pp. 313–319, 2009.
- M. C. Forti, A. Carvalho, A. J. Melfi, and C. R. Montes, “Deposition patterns of SO42-, NO3- and H+ in the Brazilian territory,” Water, Air, and Soil Pollution, vol. 130, no. 1–4, pp. 1121–1126, 2001.
- A. J. Melfi, C. R. Montes, A. Carvalho, and M. C. Forti, “Use of pedological maps in the identification of sensitivity of soils to acidic deposition: application to Brazilian soils,” Anais da Academia Brasileira de Ciencias, vol. 76, no. 1, pp. 139–145, 2004.
- A. Qishlaqi, F. Moore, and G. Forghani, “Characterization of metal pollution in soils under two landuse patterns in the Angouran region, NW Iran; a study based on multivariate data analysis,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 172, no. 1, pp. 374–384, 2009.
- D. Fernandez-Calviño, B. Garrido-Rodríguez, J. E. López-Periago, M. Paradelo, and M. Ariaz-Estévez, “Spatial distribution of copper fractions in a vineyard soil,” Land Degradation & Development, 2011.
- J. Valadares, I. F. Lepsch, and A. Küpper, “Levantamento pedológico detalhado da Estação Experimental de Jundiaí, SP,” Bragantia, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 337–386, 1971.
- O. A. Camargo and B. V. Raij, “Movimento do gesso em amostras de Latossolos com diferentes propriedades eletroquímicas,” Revista Brasileira de Ciência do Solo, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 275–280, 1989.
- USEPA, “Environmental Protection Agency. Method 3052: Microwave assisted acid digestion of siliceous and organically based matrices. Washington, 1 CD-ROM,” 1996, http://www.epa.gov/SW-846/pdfs/3052.pdf.
- B. V. Raij, J. C. Andrade, H. Cantarella, and J. A. Quaggio, Análise Química Para Avaliação da fertilidade de Solos Tropicais, Instituto Agronômico de Campinas, Campinas, Brazil, 2001.
- L. A. Brun, J. Maillet, J. Richarte, P. Herrmann, and J. C. Remy, “Relationships between extractable copper, soil properties and copper uptake by wild plants in vineyard soils,” Environmental Pollution, vol. 102, no. 2-3, pp. 151–161, 1998.
- R. M. Srivastava, “Describing spatial variability using geostatistics analysis,” in Geostatistics for Environmental and Geotechnical Applications, R. M. Srivastava, S. Rouhani, and M. V. Cromer, Eds., pp. 13–19, American Society for Testing and Materials, West Conshohocken, Pa, USA, 1996.
- S. R. Vieira, “Geoestatística em estudos de variabilidade espacial do solo,” in Tópicos em Ciência do Solo, R. F. Novais, V. H. Alvares, Schaefer, and C. E. G. R, Eds., pp. 1–54, Sociedade Brasileira de Ciência do Solo, Viçosa, Brasil, 2000.
- A. Kabata-Pendias and H. Pendias, Trace Elements in Soils and Plants, CRC Press LLC, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 3rd edition, 2001.
- B. J. Alloway, “Bioavailability of elements in soils,” in Essential of Medical Geology, O. Selinus, B. J. Alloway, A. R. Centeno et al., Eds., pp. 347–372, Springer, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2005.
- D. Fernández-Calviño, M. Pateiro-Moure, J. C. Nóvoa-Muñoz, B. Garrido-Rodríguez, and M. Arias-Estévez, “Zinc distribution and acid-base mobilisation in vineyard soils and sediments,” Science of the Total Environment, vol. 414, pp. 470–479, 2012.
- São Paulo Environmental Agency, “Report on standard values for soils and groundwater in the São Paulo State: Cetesb, Brazil,” 2005, http://www.cetesb.sp.gov.br/Solo/relatorios/tabela_valores_2005.pdf.
- D. Fernández-Calviño, M. Pateiro-Moure, E. López-Periago, M. Arias-Estévez, and J. C. Nóvoa-Muñoz, “Copper distribution and acid-base mobilization in vineyard soils and sediments from Galicia (NW Spain),” European Journal of Soil Science, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 315–326, 2008.
- D. Rusjan, M. Strlič, D. Pucko, and Z. Korošec-Koruza, “Copper accumulation regarding the soil characteristics in Sub-Mediterranean vineyards of Slovenia,” Geoderma, vol. 141, no. 1-2, pp. 111–118, 2007.
- A. Deluisa, P. Giandon, M. Aichner et al., “Copper pollution in italian vineyard soils,” Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, vol. 27, no. 5–8, pp. 1537–1548, 1996.
- U. Pietrzak and D. C. McPhail, “Copper accumulation, distribution and fractionation in vineyard soils of Victoria, Australia,” Geoderma, vol. 122, no. 2–4, pp. 151–166, 2004.
- K. A. Mackie, T. Müller, and E. Kandeler, “Remediation of copper in vineyards-a mini review,” Environmental Pollution, vol. 167, pp. 16–26, 2012.
- C. A. Abreu, A. S. Lopes, and G. C. G. Santos, “Micronutrientes,” in Fertilidade do Solo, R. F. N. Novais, V. H. Alvarez, N. F. Barros, R. L. F. Fontes, R. B. Cantarutti, and J. C. L. Neves, Eds., pp. 645–736, Sociedade Brasileira de Ciência do Solo, Viçosa, Brazil, 2007.
- C. A. Abreu, B. V. Raij, M. F. Abreu, and A. P. González, “Routine soil testing to monitor heavy metals and boron,” Scientia Agricola, vol. 62, no. 6, pp. 564–571, 2005.
- R. Maier, I. Pepper, and C. Gerba, Environmental Microbiology, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 2000.
- J. C. Miller and J. N. Miller, Statistics for Analytical Chemistry, Ellis Horwood, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 1993.
- J. B. Oliveira, M. N. Camargo, M. Rossi, and B. Calderano Filho, Mapa Pedológico do Estado de São Paulo, Instituto Agronômico, Campinas, Brazil, 1999.
- H. Xue, L. Sigg, and R. Gächter, “Transport of Cu, Zn and Cd in a small agricultural catchment,” Water Research, vol. 34, no. 9, pp. 2558–2568, 2000.
- G. Pardini and M. Gispert, “Impact of land abandonment on water erosion in soils of the Eastern Iberian Peninsula,” Agrochimica, vol. 50, no. 1-2, pp. 13–24, 2006.
- G. S. Valladares, E. C. Azevedo, O. A. Camargo, C. R. Grego, and M. C. S. Rastoldo, “Variabilidade espacial e disponibilidade de cobre e zinco em solos de vinhedo e adjacências,” Bragantia, vol. 68, no. 3, pp. 733–742, 2009.
- J. Wu, L. J. West, and D. I. Stewart, “Effect of humic substances on Cu(II) solubility in kaolin-sand soil,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 94, no. 3, pp. 223–238, 2002.
- M. Schnitzer and S. U. Khan, Humic Substances in the Environment, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1972.