- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Applied and Environmental Soil Science
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 938703, 6 pages
Distribution and Fractional Composition of Petroleum Hydrocarbons in Roadside Soils
1Kharkiv National Automobile and Highway University, 25 Petrovskoho street, 61002 Kharkiv, Ukraine
2Brandenburg University of Technology at Cottbus, Central Analytical Laboratory, Konrad-Wachsmann-Allee 6, 03046 Cottbus, Germany
Received 23 May 2013; Revised 3 September 2013; Accepted 3 September 2013
Academic Editor: Marco Trevisan
Copyright © 2013 Larysa Mykhailova et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. A. Adeniyi and O. J. Owoade, “Total petroleum hydrocarbons and trace heavy metals in roadside soils along the Lagos-Badagry expressway, Nigeria,” Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, vol. 167, no. 1–4, pp. 625–630, 2010.
- J. O. Okonkwo, O. R. Awofolu, S. J. Moja, P. C. B. Forbes, and Z. N. Senwo, “Total petroleum hydrocarbons and trace metals in street dusts from Tshwane Metropolitan Area, South Africa,” Journal of Environmental Science and Health A, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 2789–2798, 2006.
- E. S. Manahan, Fundamentals of Environmental Chemistry, Lewis, Chelsea, Mich, USA, 4th edition, 1993.
- A. Zyakun, S. Nii-Annang, G. Franke, T. Fischer, F. Buegger, and O. Dilly, “Microbial actvity and13C/12C ratio as evidence of N-hexadecane and N-hexadecanoic acid biodegradation in agricultural and forest soils,” Geomicrobiology Journal, vol. 28, no. 7, pp. 632–647, 2011.
- O. Dilly, S. Nii-Annang, G. Franke, T. Fischer, F. Buegger, and A. Zyakun, “Resilience of microbial respiration, respiratory quotient and stable isotope characteristics to soil hydrocarbon addition,” Soil Biology and Biochemistry, vol. 43, no. 9, pp. 1808–1811, 2011.
- B. J. Alloway, “Land contamination and reclamation,” in Understanding Our Environment. An Introduction to Environmental Chemistry and Pollution, R. M. Harrison, Ed., pp. 144–163, Royal Society of Chemistry, Cambridge, UK, 1992.
- G. Adam and H. Duncan, “Influence of diesel fuel on seed germination,” Environmental Pollution, vol. 120, no. 2, pp. 363–370, 2002.
- K. Masakorala, J. Yao, H. Guo et al., “Phytotoxicity of long-term total petroleum hydrocarbon-contaminated soil—a comparative and combined approach,” Water, Air & Soil Pollution, vol. 224, article 1553, 2013.
- A. Amadi, S. D. Abbey, and A. Nma, “Chronic effects of oil spill on soil properties and microflora of a rainforest ecosystem in Nigeria,” Water, Air, and Soil Pollution, vol. 86, no. 1-4, pp. 1–11, 1996.
- P. H. Albers, “Petroleum and individual polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons,” in Handbook of Ecotoxicology, D. T. Haffman, B. A. Rattner, G. A. Burton, and J. Cairns, Eds., pp. 330–335, Lewis, London, UK, 1995.
- M. Biasioli and F. Ajmone-Marsan, “Organic and inorganic diffuse contamination in urban soils: the case of Torino (Italy),” Journal of Environmental Monitoring, vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 862–868, 2007.
- H.-J. Unger and D. Prinz, Verkehrsbedingte Immissionen in Baden-Württemberg—Schwermetalle und organische Fremdstoffe in straßennahen Böden und Aufwuchs, Ministerium für Umwelt Baden-Württenberg, Luft, Boden, Abfall, Heft, 1992.
- A. G. Boden, Bodenkundliche Kartieranleitung, 5. Verbesserte und Erweiterte Auflage, Schweizerbarthsche, Stuttgart, Germany, 2005.
- M. A. Gough and S. J. Rowland, “Characterization of unresolved complex mixtures of hydrocarbons in petroleum,” Nature, vol. 344, no. 6267, pp. 648–650, 1990.
- C. Gromke and B. Ruck, “On the impact of trees on dispersion processes of traffic emissions in street canyons,” Boundary-Layer Meteorology, vol. 131, no. 1, pp. 19–34, 2009.
- K. Ries and J. Eichhorn, “Simulation of effects of vegetation on the dispersion of pollutants in street canyons,” Meteorologische Zeitschrift, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 229–233, 2001.
- R. Mikutta, M. Kleber, M. S. Torn, and R. Jahn, “Stabilization of soil organic matter: association with minerals or chemical recalcitrance?” Biogeochemistry, vol. 77, no. 1, pp. 25–56, 2006.