- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Fuzzy Systems
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 823052, 11 pages
A Fuzzy Rule-Based Expert System for Evaluating Intellectual Capital
1Department of Industrial Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology, P.O. Box 15875-4413, Tehran, Iran
2Department of Social Sciences, Alzahra University, P.O. Box 1993891176, Tehran, Iran
Received 17 April 2012; Accepted 30 August 2012
Academic Editor: Zeng-Guang Hou
Copyright © 2012 Mohammad Hossein Fazel Zarandi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Danish Agency for Trade and Industry, A Guideline for Intellectual Capital Statements—A Key to Knowledge Management, 2000.
- K. M. Wiig, “Integrating intellectual capital and knowledge management,” Long Range Planning, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 399–405, 1997.
- W. S. Tai and C. T. Chen, “A new evaluation model for intellectual capital based on computing with linguistic variable,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 3483–3488, 2009.
- M. Fasanghari, M. Mohamedpour, and A. Abdollahi, “Assessing intellectual capital with fuzzy expert system,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Networked Computing and Advanced Information Management (NCM '08), pp. 278–283, September 2008.
- R. Petty and J. Guthrie, “Intellectual capital: literature review,” Journal of Intellectual Capital, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 254–271, 2006.
- M. Sugeno and T. Yasukawa, “Fuzzy-logic-based approach to qualitative modeling,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 7–31, 1993.
- L. Edvinsson and M. S. Malone, Intellectual Capital: Realizing Your Company’s True Value by Finding Its Hidden Brainpower, Harper Business, New York, NY, USA, 1997.
- T. A. Stewart, Intellectual Capital: The New Wealth of Organizations, Currency, New York, NY, USA, 1998.
- K. E. Sveiby, The New Organizational Wealth: Managing and Measuring Knowledge-Based Assets, Berrett-Koehler, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 1997.
- L. Edvinsson, “Developing intellectual capital at Skandia,” Long Range Planning, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 366–321, 1997.
- J. Liebowitz and K. Wright, “Does measuring knowledge make cents?” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 99–103, 1999.
- Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Guidelines and instructions for OECD Symposium, Intellectual Symposium Measuring Reporting Intellectual Capital: Experiences, Issues, and Prospects OECD, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Paris, France, 1999.
- P. N. Bukh, H. T. Larsen, and J. Mouritsen, “Constructing intellectual capital statements,” Scandinavian Journal of Management, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 87–108, 2001.
- J. Chen, Z. Zhu, and H. Xie, “Measuring intellectual capital: a new model and empirical study,” Journal of Intellectual Capital, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 195–212, 2004.
- J. P. Ignizio, Introduction to Expert Systems: The Development and Implementation of Rule-Based Expert Systems, McGraw-Hill, 1991.
- A. Abraham, Rule-Based Expert Systems, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Okla, USA, 2005.
- L. A. Zadeh, “Outline of a new approach to the analysis of complex systems and decision processes,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, vol. 3, p. 2844, 1973.
- H. J. Zimmerman, Practical Applications of Fuzzy Technologies, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1999.
- A. Celikyilmaz and I. B. Türkşen, Modeling Uncertainty with Fuzzy Logic: With Recent Theory and Applications, Springer, 2009.
- J. Durkin, Expert Systems: Design and Development, Macmillan, 1994.
- C. Mount and T. W. Liao, “Prototype of an intelligent failure analysis system,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Case-Based Reasoning (ICCBR '01), pp. 716–731, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 2001.
- J. E. Burge, “Knowledge Elicitation Tool Classification,” 2011, http://web.cs.wpi.edu/~jburge/thesis/kematrix.html#_Toc417957386.