- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Hematology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 157483, 6 pages
Obstetric Thromboprophylaxis: The Swedish Guidelines
1Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska University Hospital, 14186 Stockholm, Sweden
2Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital Gothenburg, 41345 Gothenburg, Sweden
3Department of Antenatal Care, Primary Care South Bohuslän, 43102 Molndal, Sweden
Received 28 April 2011; Accepted 5 October 2011
Academic Editor: Thomas Kickler
Copyright © 2011 Pelle G. Lindqvist and Margareta Hellgren. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Lindqvist, B. Dahlbäck, and K. Marsál, “Thrombotic risk during pregnancy: a population study,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 94, no. 4, pp. 595–599, 1999.
- A. F. Jacobsen, F. E. Skjeldestad, and P. M. Sandset, “Incidence and risk patterns of venous thromboembolism in pregnancy and puerperium-a register-based case-control study,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 198, no. 2, pp. e233–e237, 2008.
- M. Knight, “Antenatal pulmonary embolism: risk factors, management and outcomes,” An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, vol. 115, no. 4, pp. 453–461, 2008.
- P. E. Marik and L. A. Plante, “Venous thromboembolic disease and pregnancy,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 359, no. 19, pp. 2025–2033, 2008.
- S. Rosfors, A. Noren, R. Hjertberg, L. Persson, K. Lillthors, and S. Torngren, “A 16-year haemodynamic follow-up of women with pregnancy-related medically treated iliofemoral deep venous thrombosis,” European Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 448–455, 2001.
- M. D. McColl, J. Ellison, I. A. Greer, R. C. Tait, and I. D. Walker, “Prevalence of the post-thrombotic syndrome in young women with previous venous thromboembolism,” British Journal of Haematology, vol. 108, no. 2, pp. 272–274, 2000.
- C. Nelson-Piercy, P. MacCallum, and L. Mackillop, “Reducing the risk of thrombosis and embolism during pregnancy and the puerperium,” in RCOG Green-Top Guideline No 37a, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, 2009.
- S. M. Bates, I. A. Greer, I. Pabinger, S. Sofaer, and J. Hirsh, “Venous thromboembolism, thrombophilia, antithrombotic therapy, and pregnancy: American college of chest physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines,” Chest, vol. 133, no. 6, pp. S844–S886, 2008.
- Y. Dargaud, L. Rugeri, M. C. Vergnes et al., “A risk score for the management of pregnant women with increased risk of venous thromboembolism: a multicentre prospective study,” British Journal of Haematology, vol. 145, no. 6, pp. 825–835, 2009.
- C. Chauleur, S. Quenet, M. N. Varlet et al., “Feasibility of an easy-to-use risk score in the prevention of venous thromboembolism and placental vascular complications in pregnant women: a prospective cohort of 2736 women,” Thrombosis Research, vol. 122, no. 4, pp. 478–484, 2008.
- P. G. Lindqvist, M. Kublikas, and B. Dahlbäck, “Individual risk assessment of thrombosis in pregnancy,” Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica, vol. 81, no. 5, pp. 412–416, 2002.
- Hem-ARG, Hemostasrubbningar Inom Obstetrik och Gynekologi, Arbets och Referensgruppen för Hemostasrubbningar, Stockholm, Sweden, 2004.
- H. Salonen Ros, P. Lichtenstein, R. Bellocco, G. Petersson, and S. Cnattingius, “Increased risks of circulatory diseases in late pregnancy and puerperium,” Epidemiology, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 456–460, 2001.
- M. Blombäck, K. Bremme, M. Hellgren, and H. Lindberg, “A pharmacokinetic study of dalteparin (Fragmin®) during late pregnancy,” Blood Coagulation and Fibrinolysis, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 343–350, 1998.
- L. A. Norris, J. Bonnar, M. P. Smith, P. J. Steer, and G. Savidge, “Low molecular weight heparin (tinzaparin) therapy for moderate risk thromboprophylaxis during pregnancy. A pharmacokinetic study,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 92, no. 4, pp. 791–796, 2004.
- C. Brooks, J. M. Rutherford, J. Gould, M. M. Ramsay, and D. K. James, “Warfarin dosage in postpartum women: a case-control study,” An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, vol. 109, no. 2, pp. 187–190, 2002.
- P. G. Lindqvist, P. Olofsson, and B. Dahlbäck, “Use of selective factor V Leiden screening in pregnancy to identify candidates for anticoagulants,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 100, no. 2, pp. 332–336, 2002.
- P. G. Lindqvist, K. Bremme, and M. Hellgren, “Efficacy of obstetric thromboprophylaxis and long-term risk of recurrence of venous thromboembolism,” Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica, vol. 90, no. 6, pp. 648–653, 2011.
- P. G. Lindqvist, J. Torsson, A. Almqvist, and O. Björgell, “Postpartum thromboembolism: severe events might be preventable using a new risk score model,” Vascular Health and Risk Management, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 1081–1087, 2008.
- S. C. Christiansen, W. M. Lijfering, F. M. Helmerhorst, F. R. Rosendaal, and S. C. Cannegieter, “Sex difference in risk of recurrent venous thrombosis and the risk profile for a second event,” Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 8, no. 10, pp. 2159–2168, 2010.
- P. G. Lindqvist, E. Epstein, and H. Olsson, “The relationship between lifestyle factors and venous thromboembolism among women: a report from the MISS study,” British Journal of Haematology, vol. 144, no. 2, pp. 234–240, 2009.
- P. G. Lindqvist, E. Epstein, and H. Olsson, “Does an active sun exposure habit lower the risk of venous thrombotic events? A D-lightful hypothesis,” Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 605–610, 2009.
- A. F. Jacobsen, F. E. Skjeldestad, and P. M. Sandset, “Ante- and postnatal risk factors of venous thrombosis: a hospital-based case-control study,” Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 905–912, 2008.
- C. N. Bernstein, J. F. Blanchard, D. S. Houston, and A. Wajda, “The incidence of deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism among patients with inflammatory bowel disease: a population-based cohort study,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 85, no. 3, pp. 430–434, 2001.
- M. J. Grainge, J. West, and T. R. Card, “Venous thromboembolism during active disease and remission in inflammatory bowel disease: a cohort study,” The Lancet, vol. 375, no. 9715, pp. 657–663, 2010.
- M. Prochazka, C. Happach, K. Marsal, B. Dahlbäck, and P. G. Lindqvist, “Factor V Leiden in pregnancies complicated by placental abruption,” An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, vol. 110, no. 5, pp. 462–466, 2003.