- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Hematology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 498342, 5 pages
Lenalidomide in Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphomas
Hematology 2, San Giovanni Battista Hospital and University, c.so Bramante 88, 10126 Torino, Italy
Received 17 February 2012; Revised 17 May 2012; Accepted 17 May 2012
Academic Editor: Agostino Cortelezzi
Copyright © 2012 Annalisa Chiappella and Umberto Vitolo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. D. Groves, M. S. Linet, L. B. Travis, and S. S. Devesa, “Cancer surveillance series: non-Hodgkin's lymphoma incidence by histologic subtype in the United States from 1978 through 1995,” Journal of the National Cancer Institute, vol. 92, no. 15, pp. 1240–1251, 2000.
- J. O. Armitage, “A clinical evaluation of the International Lymphoma Study Group classification of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma,” Blood, vol. 89, no. 11, pp. 3909–3918, 1997.
- B. Coiffier, E. Lepage, J. Brière et al., “Chop chemotherapy plus rituximab compared with chop alone in elderly patients with diffuse large-B-cell lymphoma,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 346, no. 4, pp. 235–242, 2002.
- B. Coiffier, C. Thieblemont, E. Van Den Neste et al., “Long-term outcome of patients in the LNH-98.5 trial, the first randomized study comparing rituximab-CHOP to standard CHOP chemotherapy in DLBCL patients. A study by the Groupe d'Etudes des Lymphomes de l'Adulte,” Blood, vol. 116, no. 12, pp. 2040–2045, 2010.
- M. Pfreundschuh, J. Schubert, M. Ziepert et al., “Six versus eight cycles of bi-weekly CHOP-14 with or without rituximab in elderly patients with aggressive CD20+ B-cell lymphomas: a randomised controlled trial (RICOVER-60),” The Lancet Oncology, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 105–116, 2008.
- U. Vitolo, A. Chiappella, E. Angelucci et al., “Dose-dense and high-dose chemotherapy plus rituximab with autologous stem cell transplantation for primary treatment of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma with a poor prognosis: a phase II multicenter study,” Haematologica, vol. 94, no. 9, pp. 1250–1258, 2009.
- C. Gisselbrecht, B. Glass, N. Mounier et al., “Salvage regimens with autologous transplantation for relapsed large B-cell lymphoma in the rituximab era,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 28, no. 27, pp. 4184–4190, 2010.
- S. Gaidarova, D. Mendy, C. Heise, et al., “Lenalidomide induces capping of CD20 and cytoskeleton proteins to enhance rituximab immune recognition of malignant B-cells,” Blood, vol. 116, abstract 2845, 2010.
- F. J. Hernandez-Ilizaliturri, N. Reddy, B. Holkova, E. Ottman, and M. S. Czuczman, “Immunomodulatory drug CC-5013 or CC-4047 and rituximab enhance antitumor activity in a severe combined immunodeficient mouse lymphoma model,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 11, no. 16, pp. 5984–5992, 2005.
- N. Reddy, F. J. Hernandez-Ilizaliturri, G. Deeb et al., “Immunomodulatory drugs stimulate natural killer-cell function, alter cytokine production by dendritic cells, and inhibit angiogenesis enhancing the anti-tumour activity of rituximab in vivo,” British Journal of Haematology, vol. 140, no. 1, pp. 36–45, 2008.
- P. H. Wiernik, I. S. Lossos, J. M. Tuscano et al., “Lenalidomide monotherapy in relapsed or refractory aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 26, no. 30, pp. 4952–4957, 2008.
- T. E. Witzig, J. M. Vose, P. L. Zinzani et al., “An international phase II trial of single-agent lenalidomide for relapsed or refractory aggressive B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 1622–1627, 2011.
- F. J. Hernandez-Ilizaliturri, G. Deeb, P. L. Zinzani et al., “Higher response to lenalidomide in relapsed/refractory diffuse large b-cell lymphoma in nongerminal center b-cell-like than in germinal center b-cell-like phenotype,” Cancer, vol. 117, no. 22, pp. 5058–5066, 2011.
- P. L. Zinzani, C. Pellegrini, L. Gandolfi et al., “Combination of lenalidomide and rituximab in elderly patients with relapsed or refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: a phase 2 trial,” Clinical Lymphoma, Myeloma and Leukemia, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 462–466, 2011.
- V. Ivanov, E. Tabouret, G. Chuto et al., “Rituximab-lenalidomide-dexamethasone induces complete and durable remission in relapsed refractory diffuse large B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma,” Leukemia and Lymphoma, vol. 51, no. 9, pp. 1758–1760, 2010.
- M. S. Czuczman, J. M. Vose, T. E. Witzig et al., “The differential effect of lenalidomide monotherapy in patients with relapsed or refractory transformed non-Hodgkin lymphoma of distinct histological origin,” British Journal of Haematology, vol. 154, no. 4, pp. 477–481, 2011.
- G. S. Nowakowski, B. LaPlant, T. M. Habermann et al., “Lenalidomide can be safely combined with R-CHOP (R2CHOP) in the initial chemotherapy for aggressive B-cell lymphomas: phase I study,” Leukemia, vol. 25, no. 12, pp. 1877–1881, 2011.
- H. Tilly, F. Morschhauser, G. A. Salles, et al., “Phase I study of escalating doses of lenalidomide combined with R-CHOP (R2-CHOP) for front-line treatment of B-cell lymphomas,” Blood, vol. 118, abstract 1632a, 2011.
- U. Vitolo, A. Chiappella, A. M. Carella, et al., “Lenalidomide plus Rituximab-CHOP21 in elderly diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL): results of phase I part of REAL07 trial of Italian Lymphoma Foundation (FIL),” Annals of Oncology, vol. 22, no. S4, abstract 331a, 2011.